GDT: Browns @ House of Cards

Mega Ron

Hunt knows.  It was quite obvious that the Browns weren't ready to play at the start of the game.  They came out flat, and I put that square on Freddie.  Others might say "it's not Freddie that isn't giving 100% effort"!!!  That excuse doesn't work with me.  Players will give 100% effort ALL the time for certain coaches.  Freddie obviously aint 1 of em.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/16/kareem-hunt-browns-came-out-flat-didnt-play-hard-until-halftime/

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Hunt knows.  It was quite obvious that the Browns weren't ready to play at the start of the game.  They came out flat, and I put that square on Freddie.  Others might say "it's not Freddie that isn't giving 100% effort"!!!  That excuse doesn't work with me.  Players will give 100% effort ALL the time for certain coaches.  Freddie obviously aint 1 of em.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/16/kareem-hunt-browns-came-out-flat-didnt-play-hard-until-halftime/

There was good effort by chubb, hunt, baker, the oline. 

Obj had a massive focus drop. 

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Legit asking.... 

1. How does one grown man make another care, put forth effort, etc?

2. At what point is the issue a lack of personal accountability and not the fault of another grown man?

I try to look at my own career.  I’ve helped a number of people have a better understanding of their diabetes and how to manage it and they’ve been successful.  If also had to ask a patient on an insulin drop to please stop eating Hershey’s bars and drinking Coke (while on the drip). They both got the same song and dance, some just chose to do something with it and others didn’t.

It’s the old “you can lead a horse to water...” thing.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Legit asking.... 

1. How does one grown man make another care, put forth effort, etc?

2. At what point is the issue a lack of personal accountability and not the fault of another grown man?

I try to look at my own career.  I’ve helped a number of people have a better understanding of their diabetes and how to manage it and they’ve been successful.  If also had to ask a patient on an insulin drop to please stop eating Hershey’s bars and drinking Coke (while on the drip). They both got the same song and dance, some just chose to do something with it and others didn’t.

It’s the old “you can lead a horse to water...” thing.

Seriously asking

Have you ever had a teacher that you knew you could get over on?  Were there teachers that you absolutely wouldn't eff with at all?

I totally understand that we are talking about grown men here, and the accountability is greater because of their age and experiences.  There are just leaders/coaches that can get more out of someone than others.

11 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Seriously asking

Have you ever had a teacher that you knew you could get over on?  Were there teachers that you absolutely wouldn't eff with at all?

of course, but the kids are the ones in the wrong, not teacher.

And your next point about the difference between a kid and grown man isn’t an insignificant one.

11 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I totally understand that we are talking about grown men here, and the accountability is greater because of their age and experiences.  There are just leaders/coaches that can get more out of someone than others.

I don’t disagree, but what we’ve seen from some dudes on this team aren’t unique to this team or this season. 

Randall and Landry were traded for peanuts for a reason.   OBJ, a HOFer entering his prime was traded too.  

None of those guys were moved for on field issues. 

Baker is doing the same things he has since college.  

At some point Dorsey has to take ownership of this as many of these guys were known entities, good and bad.