GDT: Browns @ House of Cards

Mega Ron

7 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

But put a good QB in there and I bet Freddy looks a whole lot better.

Mostly disagree.

True that Mayfield is not fit for the kind of O Kitchens is trying to run.

But, we do not have a serviceable OL.

Kitchens looks/is dumb for trying to force feed an O "scheme" with this cast of characters.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Honestly, I will get killed for this.

However, am I the only one who doesn’t think G-Rob is terrible....? It’s the God awful right side. I think you can survive with Robinson.

No I think we learn to live with him over there especially with how difficult it is to find a replacement LT.  I'll settle for mediocre and just find 2 guys who can get it done on the right side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Can we also talk about how embarrassing our pass rush is without Garrett? Arizona has one of the worst OLs in the league and we couldn't sack Murray even once. I mean, we had a couple of opportunities to, but we suck at tackling.

Missing Vernon hurts too even if he's just average.  Running Richardson, Chad Thomas, and whiteboy#97 on the ends is a disaster.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Dude are you not frustrated with this? Can you blame them? There offense is a joke and the DC for the Cards just said so. That they knew exactly what the browns were doing. 

it’s not great the body language but I’m not surprised it hasn’t happened sooner. I turned the game off at half. It was a pathetic game. Prolly won’t bother the rest of the season. 

i know they haven’t been perfect but Freddie and this offense scheme and play calling are awful. Once he gets off the script the entire offense goes to crap. Thank god Chubb is a stud. It’s the only play call Freddie gets right 

I don’t blame them for being frustrated at all, I would be too, but you can still act like a goddam professional for a few hours a week when you’re on the field or in front of the media.

Making obvious displays of displeasure in the public eye isn’t leadership, it’s immaturity.  Leaders/professionals/grown arse men play hard, keep their emotions in check and say what needs to be said behind closed doors.

Sulking like a teenager who has an early curfew isn’t helping anything.

• Like 1

I think Mayfield has been pretty poor but for continuity sake I hate to bench him until we can clearly pin some losses on him.  Today definitely wasn't it, even though that interception was atrocious.

With Chubb in the backfield and some horses on defense I don't see why we can't be a 10 win team even with Baker being average.  There are times where he's pinpoint accurate, and there have been games he's reeled in the ridiculous overthrows and aggressiveness enough to win games.

Sometimes we just scheme some terrible crap up and let the other teams best pass rushers get blocked by a TE and get him killed.  You can see Baker running from ghosts and throwing off balance for plays after that.  He needs to be more poised, but Jesus Freddie there's no excuse for that crap.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t blame them for being frustrated at all, I would be too, but you can still act like a goddam professional for a few hours a week when you’re on the field or in front of the media.

Making obvious displays of displeasure in the public eye isn’t leadership, it’s immaturity.  Leaders/professionals/grown arse men play hard, keep their emotions in check and say what needs to be said behind closed doors.

Sulking like a teenager who has an early curfew isn’t helping anything.

41 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Guys in here continue to underestimate how poorly Baker's playing. Those numbers aren't lying in this case.

This. 

Many times the play calling hasn’t babied him enough for being a 2nd year guy. But I’d argue his stats may even exceed the level that he’s ‘performed’ this season. Amazing given how well Chubb has run.

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

You can dislike or hate OBJ AND think that he's played Poorly without saying he doesn't play hard. The latter is just not true.

Well after the interception (the one that wasn't because of penalty) in the Steeler game he took a half step to go after the guy and then abruptly decided to walk to the sideline while his teammates were going for a tackle. That was a real bad look.

You can be upset at results and even not getting the ball but pouting and giving up aren't the way to handle it. At least be tough while you are getting paid and then complain verbally to the coach in game or behind closed doors after it. I know I don't act that way when I am irritated at work, pouting and quitting right there in front of the customers. I handle it like an adult and voice my displeasure in the proper way.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well after the interception (the one that wasn't because of penalty) in the Steeler game he took a half step to go after the guy and then abruptly decided to walk to the sideline while his teammates were going for a tackle. That was a real bad look.

You can be upset at results and even not getting the ball but pouting and giving up aren't the way to handle it. At least be tough while you are getting paid and then complain verbally to the coach in game or behind closed doors after it. I know I don't act that way when I am irritated at work, pouting and quitting right there in front of the customers. I handle it like an adult and voice my displeasure in the proper way.

So, in your honest emotion, frustration, and personal dislikes aside, given the full body of snaps and plays (receiving, blocking special teams) you think that Odell Beckham Jr. doesn't play hard or give his all out there because after the interception that wasn't against the Steelers "he took a half step to go after the guy and then abruptly decided to walk to the side.." AND weighing that moment with your perceptions of all his work this year your summary opinion is he doesn't play hard.

Lol.

I think if you'd keep it real you'd acknowledge that maybe your dislike of things associated with Odell is distorting your perception of his trait effort.

I saw that play. I've seen all his plays this year. Have seen him play at LSU to the Giants. If there's one thing that OBJ is, he's an ultra competitor that gives his all and plays hard.

He's a player that gets frustrated, he's an emotional player, he drops the ball, and plays poorly. There's 0% issues with his effort. His run blocking down the field for Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt has been exceptional with him straining for blocks even through injury. He runs deep routes with purpose.

He hangs his head and let's emotion get the best of him. 

I've heard the exact same things about OBJ about Duke Johnson and Joe Haden. Duke "always running off the field... he quit on that route and didn't fight for the ball" .. Joe "not running hard through his hernia injury and loafing." History happens first as tragedy second time as farce. It's a comedy watching it continue to play on.

But you all are special special projecting that OBJ doesn't play hard as if it's some core trait or reason for his issues this season, or whatever hit is you all have in your mind.

Part of me wants OBJ to get traded asap. Just because we as Browns fans don't deserve talents in our insanity.

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

So, in your honest emotion, frustration, and personal dislikes aside, given the full body of snaps and plays (receiving, blocking special teams) you think that Odell Beckham Jr. doesn't play hard or give his all out there because after the interception that wasn't against the Steelers "he took a half step to go after the guy and then abruptly decided to walk to the side.." AND weighing that moment with your perceptions of all his work this year your summary opinion is he doesn't play hard.

Lol.

I think if you'd keep it real you'd acknowledge that maybe your dislike of things associated with Odell is distorting your perception of his trait effort.

I saw that play. I've seen all his plays this year. Have seen him play at LSU to the Giants. If there's one thing that OBJ is, he's an ultra competitor that gives his all and plays hard.

He's a player that gets frustrated, he's an emotional player, he drops the ball, and plays poorly. There's 0% issues with his effort. His run blocking down the field for Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt has been exceptional with him straining for blocks even through injury. He runs deep routes with purpose.

He hangs his head and let's emotion get the best of him. 

I've heard the exact same things about OBJ about Duke Johnson and Joe Haden. Duke "always running off the field... he quit on that route and didn't fight for the ball" .. Joe "not running hard through his hernia injury and loafing." History happens first as tragedy second time as farce. It's a comedy watching it continue to play on.

But you all are special special projecting that OBJ doesn't play hard as if it's some core trait or reason for his issues this season, or whatever hit is you all have in your mind.

Part of me wants OBJ to get traded asap. Just because we as Browns fans don't deserve talents in our insanity.

I like OBJ and if he had his normal explosion I think this season would have looked a lot different on offense. If he wants to be here I'd be thrilled to have a healthy OBJ back next year. For the record I always liked and supported Haden. Until Duke asked out I always liked and supported him.

You still can't walk off of the field mid play. You just can't, you have to be a professional. I hope he apologized to the team and he should apologize to the fans. I don't know if either of those things happened. It was a DPI challenge so as far as he knew the play would stand so he doesn't get an out for that. There isn't a single Brown player that I don't like, there may be a couple that I'd rather not see suit up due to play but he certainly isn't one of them.

I'm also not frustrated at this point or emotional. The season is over. I'll be at the game against the Ravens and I hope we win because I hate the Ravens but I'm not going to get upset about our wins and losses the rest of the year. I will however become a huge fan of whoever plays the Ravens. That season started today and that is where all of my NFL rooting interest goes. Just somebody knock them off, don't let them win a championship.