GDT - Week 2: Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams

Ghostnote

20 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Guys, I'm gonna just award myself a game ball.

Last week I watched the game (no DVRing it) and was active in the GDT.

We lost.

This week, I DVRed the game.  Was NOT active in the GDT. Took a nap with my daughter (us almost 50yr old guys need our sleep). And didnt watch until Kirk threw that last TD.

We won.

Its all me. 

So I'm grabbing a game ball for my contribution.

Next week? Gonna DVR the game and sleep through it (night game after all). We'll see if I'm 2 for 2 as a "sleep starter"

Oh, hell no. There is NO FREAKING WAY you are going to skip out and leave me with the GDT messes every Sunday.

yXYfECF.gif

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

For the first time in a long time I didn't wear a Redskins jersey or shirt today and I watched the game in my underwear and we won! Sounds like a new ritual is born!

Mental imagery I so did not need.

giphy.gif

I also had to watch the game on DVR.  Went to the Renaissance Festival and I left my cell off, radio off coming back home etc.  Got to tell you guys I love watching football this way, every time it still amazes me how much time we spend watching commercials and other crap time while watching live.  

Anyway, we still not clicking in our passing game, yet.  We still seem a little out of sink.  But for us to run against that DL the way we did was very encouraging.  lets hope that this victory gives the team the confidence going forward because honestly I think we have an improved D and we will get more in sink on offense in the next couple of games.

4 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

I also had to watch the game on DVR.  Went to the Renaissance Festival and I left my cell off, radio off coming back home etc.  Got to tell you guys I love watching football this way, every time it still amazes me how much time we spend watching commercials and other crap time while watching live.

Yeah, I cut the cord and now going old school for the football games (over the air antenna). I forgot how much I loathed TV ads. I will be curious to see what Thursday Night games are like on Amazon Prime (not going to waste my time watching those until the Redskins actually play, though).

4 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Anyway, we still not clicking in our passing game, yet.  We still seem a little out of sink.  But for us to run against that DL the way we did was very encouraging.  lets hope that this victory gives the team the confidence going forward because honestly I think we have an improved D and we will get more in sink on offense in the next couple of games.

1. I hope Gruden takes notice of that. Again, the Redskins passing game really kickstarts from play action. If they don't have a creditable rushing threat, a lot of things go wrong
  2. In this case, it is spelled "sync" not "sink."

2 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Ha

won $250 cuz I had faith in my Skins.....

or, ummm, got lucky, but no one's counting.

So, are you going to let it ride against the Raiders? Time to see how much faith you have.

21 minutes ago, Woz said:

Yeah, I cut the cord and now going old school for the football games (over the air antenna). I forgot how much I loathed TV ads. I will be curious to see what Thursday Night games are like on Amazon Prime (not going to waste my time watching those until the Redskins actually play, though).

1. I hope Gruden takes notice of that. Again, the Redskins passing game really kickstarts from play action. If they don't have a creditable rushing threat, a lot of things go wrong
  2. In this case, it is spelled "sync" not "sink."

But the Rams & 49s game is going to be awesome Thursday!

Defense did well but they need to blitz more . Rushing 4 is cool and all but that isn't gonna stop Carr offense .. Cooper and Crabtree and Holmes are a good wideout core with Lynch in the backfield will be a good test for the skins.

that being said we can beat the raiders if the offense can improve .. running the ball is key but it's time for Cousins to get a 2 td game .

I just can't get over how good Chris Thompson has become. Three TD in two weeks and probably would've had another had he not dropped that pass in the middle of the field. I know he's smaller but I really wish they would commit to him as our top back. He's a gamebreaker. 

Lynch only killed us when he was in Seattle. Thats because the Seattle teams were way better than our Mark Brunell lead teams. 

Folks, I have cut the cord. I can honestly say, I am glad I did so. I watch Hulu TV. I am allocated 50 hours of cloud DVR, which I can set a preference to record my teams and any time they come on Hulu TV, it will record that instance. 40 bucks a month. Was spending 70 for Comcast Crap for the economy basic which is like 18 channels. 

I have fiber internet too, so that is a plus. But I watched the game in full yesterday. 

Archived