GDT - Week 2: Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams

Ghostnote

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Wanna hear something funny ? If Thompson catches that 60 catch and run TD and we make a FG we literally rack up 37 points lol despite talking crap about our offense .

But we didn't so ...

29 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Wanna hear something funny ? If Thompson catches that 60 catch and run TD and we make a FG we literally rack up 37 points lol despite talking crap about our offense .

You could literally do that with every game played throughout the year lol

38 minutes ago, Woz said:

But we didn't so ...

I think the point Dash is trying to make is that we are close to hitting on all cylinders in offense. Obviously we still have to get totally on the same page and we aren't there yet but we are showing flashes and are close to really having an outburst of points and production.

Maybe it comes this week vs the Raiders. The Raiders D isn't very good, I'd be willing to bet that the Eagles & Rams defenses are better.

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe it comes this week vs the Raiders. The Raiders D isn't very good, I'd be willing to bet that the Eagles & Rams defenses are better.

Maybe so, but their offense is arguably significantly better than that of the Eagles or Rams. If that is the case, the Redskins may become one-dimensional in a desperate attempt to keep up.

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think the point Dash is trying to make is that we are close to hitting on all cylinders in offense.

1. I disagree we're that close
  2. Even if we were close, that doesn't help in football. Dropped balls, missed passes, wrong routes ... all of them lead to failure. There's no half a completion.

just watched the game tape as you cant see anything at the game in LA cause Im focusing on the T&A, but its all good.

My assessment is pasty boy did a good job calling plays in the first half using trent and scherif's to run the ball. Of course he outsmarted himself like he always did in Cinn and in the third quarter reverted to arena ball. In the last drive in the fourth the runs are what saved the game. Overall he gets a C+ because he just cant stand running the ball consistently and whats wrong with letting the defense stop it before you do? 

53 is our MVP so far and Thompson would start. Norman is a beast and the heart of the team. 29 plays one play that wide receiver screen as good as anyone but leave too much cushion on other plays and never jams receivers in the slot. why? Preston is Preston a 50-50 guy half good and half bad. the guy would be a really good DE in a 4/3. 

Overall, we should won by 20 but dumb play calls in the third quarter almost lost us the game. Our DL coach is the second MVP- the best hire we have made in a long long time at the coaching level. He has made such a huge positive change from their coffee boy DL coach imposter they had last year. Barry? he is screwing up the Rams now. Phillips will fire him after this year, bank on it

12 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. I disagree we're that close
  2. Even if we were close, that doesn't help in football. Dropped balls, missed passes, wrong routes ... all of them lead to failure. There's no half a completion.

I don't know how it's that hard too see. Pryor should continue to get used to catching balls in game situations from Kirk. Cooley explained how each Qbs pass looks different and gets to a wr different and faster or slower than others. Kirk has a good arm, last year Pryor caught balls most of the year from Kessler who has a Mccoy type arm. 

Kirk always starts off slow - which sucks - but I expect him to get better as the season goes on. 

Thompson dropping that pass which possibly would have went for a TD is frankly not something I've seen from him before and don't expect to see it again. Kirk barely overthrew Thompson on the wheel route and I don't expect that to become a regular occurrence as the season goes on.

If Jay runs the ball more in the redzone in the 3rd Q instead of getting cute - which I agree might not change because it is who he is - that's a TD. 

Then, Hop missed a makeable kick, but that doesn't happen every week and the field was in god awful shape because of 3 games being played on it in 3 days.

So, that's literally a possible 24 points that I don't expect us to miss on every week.

So, we are getting close to hitting on all cylinders IMO. It may not happen vs the Raiders or Chiefs, but don't be surprised if this October ends up looking like the past two Octobers for Kirk when he really got in a rhythm and hit is stride. 

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think the point Dash is trying to make is that we are close to hitting on all cylinders in offense. Obviously we still have to get totally on the same page and we aren't there yet but we are showing flashes and are close to really having an outburst of points and production.

hell turtle we can be the Giants offense.  Have not scored more than 20 points since Jesus Christ walked the earth. hahahahaha

Archived