S Kareem Jackson suspended 2 games for DUI

Broncofan

Honestly rather we lose him for 2019 than 2020.   No way around it, 2 games is ironclad with a DUI. 

Stupid, dumb, he's lucky it wasn't worse.  Next time, get a Uber / driver.   Either way, though, learn from it, and glad it won't affect 2020.

Edited by Broncofan

DUIs are even more inexcusable now than they've ever been. So dumb.

Unfortunate from an entertainment standpoint, the guy is a ton of fun to watch. Parks has been playing nickel ahead of Duke Dawson, so does this mean Trey Marshall starting? Yikes. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

FYI the details.....

So dumb.   Jackson's been a leader, so hopefully he learns from this and this never happens again.   So lucky this wasn't worse.   I am glad this only affects 2019, and frankly sending a no-tolerance message early is a good thing IMO.

The DUI happened in preseason, was he really considered a team leader then ?

41 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

The DUI happened in preseason, was he really considered a team leader then ?

It’s dumb regardless, zero excuses here.   My comment on his leadership is for him to set an example going forward.  Like I said I hope he learns from this.   There’s just no reason in this day and age to do something that stupid.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It’s dumb regardless, zero excuses here.   My comment on his leadership is for him to set an example going forward.  Like I said I hope he learns from this.   There’s just no reason in this day and age to do something that stupid.  

Totally agree with you, but this DUAI was extremely expensive for Jackson, beyond the courts, he's losing roughly $750K from the 2 game suspension, hope that in itself is a good lesson

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

We all know that Allen Iverson loved to party.  But, he never got a DUI.  Why?  Because he always had a driver.  You all make all that money and cannot cough up some cashe to get you home after drinking?  Stupid. 

Although I'm not a big fan of Uber or Lyft, I complete agree with this! These players are young kids and Russell, etc are probably not setting great examples. Top down accountability. The organization should offer/provide so much more assistance including personal finance, life coaching, mentorship...ugh, such a waste...

3 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

We all know that Allen Iverson loved to party.  But, he never got a DUI.  Why?  Because he always had a driver.  You all make all that money and cannot cough up some cashe to get you home after drinking?  Stupid. 

I agree with that. Jackson should have had a driver. However, in this country, the legal BAC levels are way too low. It's about making money, not protecting the public.

Now, I don't know what his BAC level was, but it it wasn't that high, he got arrested for a victimless crime.

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

32 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I agree with that. Jackson should have had a driver. However, in this country, the legal BAC levels are way too low. It's about making money, not protecting the public.

Now, I don't know what his BAC level was, but it it wasn't that high, he got arrested for a victimless crime.

He was going 25-40 mph over the speed limit drunk lmao that’s not someone that got unlucky after a couple drinks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, champ11 said:

He was going 25-40 mph over the speed limit drunk lmao that’s not someone that got unlucky after a couple drinks. 

Yeah, at 25-40 MPH over the limit, there's zero chance a BAC doesn't impair reaction time.   That's a tragedy waiting to happen.

Anyone who tries to minimize this is out of touch with established science.  Jackson is lucky this didn't end up worse than it did.   750K hurts, but this is the lightest outcome possible.

I'm willing to forgive him, as I'm sure most of us are.   To err is human, and everyone deserves a second chance.  Nothing says Jackson's done anything before, or since, to say this is a character issue.  But it was still an incredibly dumb mistake, and one with zero excuse.   There's just no reason in this day and age to put yourself and others at risk like that.  

Even if we were in contention, I'd have no argument with the 2-game penalty.   Frankly, a DUI deserves a harsher penalty than weed - but the policy also includes a stipulation that if ppl get hurt as a result of DUI - the penalties go up.   And that's before you get into the human cost / what it does to everyone involved when injury (or worse) occurs.    Fortunately, no one got hurt, and this is a lost season.   Here's to Jackson putting this behind him and moving forward.  

Edited by Broncofan