Players you thought were going to be STUDS that ended up being DUDS

BullsandBroncos

16 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

Old School, huh??  I like it...

Huey Richardson

More old school: DE Dan Williams, Denver's first-round pick in 1993. I remember listening to the Mia-Den preseason game on NBC radio in the car that year, and one of the announcers was comparing him to Bruce Smith or something. He only had really one strong year (in 1997 with KC). Besides that, he was an injury-prone underachiever.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Was anyone better for dynasty mode than rookie Deangelo Hall?  Dude was like 98 overall by year 3 if you did the training and put him at WR in the preseason and just forced the ball to him.

You put CB DHall at WR? I did this with Dante Hall return man extraordinaire and he became an unstoppable slot with that speed.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

You put CB DHall at WR? I did this with Dante Hall return man extraordinaire and he became an unstoppable slot with that speed.

Just for preseason games.  I would keep him at CB, but in the preseason, change the depth chart and force feed him the ball so he gets a lot of catches and his catch rating got better.  Then as a CB with like 98 speed and 80+ catching, he would get a ton of INTs.  It has been more than a decade since then, so my details are probably a little off.  But I definitely gamed the system.  I also took a ton of rookies in the fantasy draft a little earlier than the OVR rating would suggest and they developed into studs their sophomore seasons because of a ton of PT.