Players you thought were going to be STUDS that ended up being DUDS

BullsandBroncos

ctrl + f all 6 pages

"Robert Griffin" not found

"Robert Griffin III" not found

"RGIII" not found

i thought RGIII was not only a better QB prospect than Luck (and it's not like I thought Luck wasn't a generational prospect, I just thought RGIII was *even better* except with more bust/downside risk compared to Luck who was already a top 15-20 NFL QB in college) but he would become GOAT QB, basically Mike Vick with Aaron Rodgers passing. That did not age well

• Like 1

Some random ones I can think of:

- Brian Quick comes to mind. I thought he was going to be a superstar at WR.

- I thought Chance "War Daddy" Warmack was going to be the guy who could hold up against JJ Watt. That didn't happen.

- Garrett Bolles is a disaster at T, and I thought he'd be the complete opposite. Missed the mark on that one by a pretty wide margin.

- With his size and performance at OKST, I was really off on Justin Gilbert. Boy, he sucked. 

- Jake Locker was a favorite of mine, and it bothered me he was with Tennessee; His body sort of failed out on him, he had a few moments where he looked OK, but he busted hard (to my joy).

- Kenny Vaccaro is establishing a second life in Tennessee, but I had Troy Polamalu-esque aspirations for him coming out of Texas. He's still got time, I guess.

- Bjorn Warner was... Nah, let's be real. I called that a massive bust from jump street.

- Marvin Austin, I thought he'd be a star.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Benardrick Mckinney I don't think hes considered a dud but I thought he was going to be special

I mean I'm not gonna say he is the best. But is probably underrated. Pro bowl last year and 2nd team All pro 2016. Probably deserved more too. He'll be a multi time probowler and all pro before his career ends, so unless you were expecting Ray Lewis then I'm not sure I'd say he is too far off your beliefs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Some random ones I can think of:

- Brian Quick comes to mind. I thought he was going to be a superstar at WR.

The fact that he busted was even worse when you consider that he has one of the all-time great WR last names in Quick. What a waste.

• Like 1

There have been a lot of them over the years.  The most recent one I can think of was Laquon Treadwell.  I was really happy when we had the good fortune of having him fall to us.  We also passed on some guy named Michael Thomas in our rush to get that Treadwell pick into the podium.  Oops.  :$