GDT: Titans at Texans - Win and In

titans0021

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

We can beat full power Houston and I'd like to. Getting a relatively free pass to the playoffs, assuming we don't blow it, will be nice though.

I wish there was a way to see them in the playoffs, because yeah, I’d take my chances. But we’ve made the playoffs once in the last decade, give me every shortcut possible.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I wish there was a way to see them in the playoffs, because yeah, I’d take my chances. But we’ve made the playoffs once in the last decade, give me every shortcut possible.

i won’t feel bad about it bc 99% chance we wouldn’t even need this game if tanny started the whole year. but i will also believe in our ability to blow this opportunity no matter what until we don’t lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i won’t feel bad about it bc 99% chance we wouldn’t even need this game if tanny started the whole year. but i will also believe in our ability to blow this opportunity no matter what until we don’t lol

Oh yeah, losing to AJ McCarron with No 1 receiver Keke Coutee with everything on the line would be the most fitting same ole Titans way to close out this decade.

• Like 1

It's obviously always a possibility, but I feel like this team has proven over the stretch with Tannehill that it's not the same bumbling Titans as before. Maybe hard to realize over a 2 game losing streak, but we gave a going 100% Houston everything they could handle, even with a gimped Henry,  and would have won if not for a freak 14 point swing play. Then against the Saints, without Henry entirely, we would have been in good position to take the lead(or at least tie it) if our officiating crew was anyone other's than Jerome Boger's.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Is it bad that I think this team could very much lose to the McCarron led Texans? Smh

I think it's a case of TFS (Titans Fans Syndrome). We've witness so many times over the years, where we either lose games that should've been an obvious win or lose must win games(2011 L to the 2-14 Colts, 2016 to the 3-13 Jags, Colts last year ect.).

This team does feel different with Tannehill but the years of letdown and disappointment isn't easy to heal just off of an impressive 9 week stretch.

• Like 1

The excuses for the first Houston game still baffle me. Yes, the goal line INT was a huge play and a big swing, but Vaccaro’s pick and Jayon’s pick we’re also big plays that our D made. Houston was driving both times and both picks essentially happened in the EZ.

houston straight up out played us and built two different two-score leads against us. They controlled the LOS and made huge third down conversions late in the game when our D couldn’t stop a nose bleed or rush the passer (status quo the past month)

we need to just go into Houston and take care of business. For once.

• Like 1

I've got a bad feeling about this game. Like last week I think the coaching could let us down. Let me explain what I mean. Last week it felt like the entire team knew the game was meaningless and players prepared and at times played like that. I put that on the coaching staff not doing their part during preparation. I fear that this week the team knows the Texans are going to rest players and the mentality is "we can beat backups no problem" and well come out flat and unprepared.