QB Prospects you like

WindyCity

37 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If the first look (Lamb) isn't open he immediately tucks it and runs. Sound familiar? Pass.

Ehhh...I think you're oversimplifying his overall performance this season. He's grown quite a bit. He would NOT be my first choice, but he could end up being a legitimate starter. We don't even know if Mitch can be that, anymore. 

7 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

After a string of good to great performances, we just witnessed another mental breakdown by Trubisky. In prime time. 

I'm not really sure you can put any sort of conditions on trading up anymore. And I was (am?) a Mitch defender. And at this point--yeah, 2nd rounders could start over him next year. Well, depending who they are, of course. But as to what you posted--Floyd has to be dangled at every opportunity. 

My only reason for putting a restriction on it is because I'm not sure Nagy will be here 2021. If we could get away with Floyd and a 2nd then hell yeah, but mortgaging a 1st for 2021 and beyond should be blocked. I don't want the potential new HC to not be able to attack the draft for his own guy. 

I actually like Tru, but he has to have a ton of help and isn't going to be worth a megadeal. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I love the Hurts mental make up.

I don’t think they are going to go with someone who is that raw as a passer and playing from the pocket.

Hurts would require a pretty big offensive shift.

As long as that shift actually put points on the board I don't care.

Edit - Honestly with Hurts and an improved run game the defense could rebound again. Look at the last game vs GB. Mack came out and suddenly Rodgers was much more aggressive, not throwing the single read quick passes and instead attacking vertically. With an offense that can help control the clock it limits the opponents time on the field and rests the defense a bit more. 

Plus if he can hit open receivers over 20 yards downfield then that's an immediate boost. 

Edited by Sugashane

12 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Ehhh...I think you're oversimplifying his overall performance this season. He's grown quite a bit. He would NOT be my first choice, but he could end up being a legitimate starter. We don't even know if Mitch can be that, anymore. 

He runs 10+ times almost every game. I'll pass on anyone in round 2, specifically Hurts. Ride it out with Trubisky and let the new regime get their guy next offseason.

18 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He runs 10+ times almost every game. I'll pass on anyone in round 2, specifically Hurts. Ride it out with Trubisky and let the new regime get their guy next offseason.

So did Lamar Jackson in college.  I bet you would have said the same things about him if he was coming out this year and not knowing how his NFL career has gone thus far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

So did Lamar Jackson in college.  I bet you would have said the same things about him if he was coming out this year and not knowing how his NFL career has gone thus far.

There's one. Got anymore exceptions rather than rules?

Lamar Jackson is not only fast but shifty and agile. He was smart about most hits in college. Hurts lowers his shoulder and hits guys at Oklahoma. He also reads one WR and then runs. Jackson was either running on designed plays or at last resort.

But whatever, let's draft Jalen Hurts because of Lamar Jackson.

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Lamar Jackson is not only fast but shifty and agile. He was smart about most hits in college. Hurts lowers his shoulder and hits guys at Oklahoma. He also reads one WR and then runs. Jackson was either running on designed plays or at last resort.

I'm not saying he will be the next Lamar but no one can pretend to know how Hurts will pan out at the next level.

My point in all this is that it can't hurt to add a young QB prospect and if your boy Nagy determines that Hurts is a good fit for he wants to do, then why not?  Who are we to say that these guys will or won;t make it?

A lot of draft pundits and former NFL execs thought Trubisky was going to be the best QB of his draft class and how's that going so far?  Lamar Jackson was passed over by 31 teams and 4 QBs were selected before him and look at him now.  We just don't know...

• Like 2

Hurts on day 3 I'm fine with. Kind of a less athletic Tyrod Taylor. Might be OK in the pros for a few games but not ideal. It's hard to think he's gonna be good in the NFL consistently when he could only do that in the big 12 at Heisman U. With all the talent at Alabama he still didn't look like an NFL QB. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I agree, I'm excited to see how he performs against LSU. He has some really solid playmaking ability. Could be a poor man's Deshaun Watson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The problem with that thinking is that the defense is then a year older (for no real reason), and the Bears record will probably be about the same as it now. Mitch could turn it around, sure, we've seen enough from him that we all should accept that isn't impossible. However, I think we've all seen things that suggest it isn't probable, either. 

• Like 3

This is not a simple offense, and requires timing, accurate reads before and after the snap, and a cerebral QB.  I would not like the pick, but Fromm is a better fit than Hurts.  I will say though, after a lot of people here said Hurts was legit I watched a bit more on him, and while I think he's not a great fit and risk of flameout is high, he is exciting and has the "IT" gene

15 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

This is not a simple offense, and requires timing, accurate reads before and after the snap, and a cerebral QB.  I would not like the pick, but Fromm is a better fit than Hurts.  I will say though, after a lot of people here said Hurts was legit I watched a bit more on him, and while I think he's not a great fit and risk of flameout is high, he is exciting and has the "IT" gene

Why don't you like Fromm?  Also what offense doesn't require accuracy, timing and reads? 

22 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

The problem with that thinking is that the defense is then a year older (for no real reason), and the Bears record will probably be about the same as it now. Mitch could turn it around, sure, we've seen enough from him that we all should accept that isn't impossible. However, I think we've all seen things that suggest it isn't probable, either. 

At this point I don't even care. They won't win it next year with a 2nd rounder, either. If I had to sacrifice one for the other, give me the great offense over the great defense. Find a QB who can make a ton of Pro Bowls and be the QB for the next 10+ years.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

From what I remember Jackson had almost an exclusive 1 or 2 read offense then scrambled. That was one of their biggest similarities to me. I wasn't focusing on QBs that much though that year. 

That being said there are more differences than similarities between the two. Hurts is athletic for a pro QB  but Jackson is athletic for any position. It is like comparing Vick to Deshaun Watson. You can't complain about Watson's athleticism, but clearly he isn't in the same realm Vick was athletically. Hurts has better touch on his passes it seems but Jackson has a much bigger arm, etc. Both are athletic QBs with huge pre-draft concerns that will need an offense tailored to them.