2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

6 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

How many of you changed your targets when you saw others were bidding on certain players and who had the balls to stick to their guns?

i changed one of my bids to someone I don’t think anyone was bidding on just to secure at least one FA. I hope. One of my targets had 4 bids at one point

I checked late last night on about 15-20 players to see who was or was not getting much traffic.

Was pretty set on Hargrave and Alexander being 2 of the GB offers.   The 3rd offer was the 1 that was up for debate.

Just now, ny92mike said:

While we all wait...

Thoughts on knowing the targeted number of other teams bidding on player.

Too much info....not enough....or three little bears?

I like it. IRL teams would know from the agents if there were many teams bidding for a player's services and they would decide or not to keep pursuing him

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

While we all wait...

I like it. Makes it more tactical, well did for me anyway. I’m sure I will see Conklin signed for 1mil less than I was gonna offer and curse but it certainly increases a players value based on number of suitors.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

While we all wait...

I like it.   Still does not give you a full idea of what you need to bid, but it does get GM to consider to look at other lower profile options.  

My guess is that there will be more players awarded this first round of FA than in years past.....purely a guess on that though.