Super Bowl Prediction

DoleINGout

3 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

No, I was actually talking about week 18 v. steelers/titans. You still think raiders get in?? Talk about a long shot.

Oh lol. IDK, Raiders actually have a decent shot at getting in. Stolen from Chiefs forum:

On 12/24/2019 at 5:28 AM, KC_Guy said:

There's even a chance the Chiefs will play the Raiders in Wildcard week. All it takes is:

WK 17
Raiders over Broncos
Ravens over Steelers
Texans over Titans
Colts over Jaguars

I could definitely see all of that happening.

I wanted to say Ravens vs. Saints, however I can't see the Saints getting to the Superbowl as the #3 Seed.

So gonna go for Ravens vs. Packers. Someone (Seattle  fter losing in Wk.17) takes out the 49ers, and the Packers edge the Saints in the divisional game before exacting revenge on the Seahawks?

Then they get routed by the Ravens in a fairly tedious Superbowl.

49ers vs. Chiefs.  I don't know who would win, but it would be one heck of a game. 

Chiefs have Mahomes, but they also have Andy Reid, whose record isn't exactly stellar in the playoffs.  The Chiefs' D has been looking very good lately too.

With the 49ers, a lot of it could come down to how healthy they can be.  If they are at 100%, I think they are the best team in the league.  Getting the #1 seed and a bye week would be Yuge for them.

1 hour ago, Elky said:

I don't think Baltimore will win the Super Bowl. These flashy offenses, especially if they have the league MVP, almost always disappoint in the playoffs.

A running QB has never won the superbowl either. And Mark Ingram just got a calf strain, so maybe he's not 100% in the playoffs.

Edited by Kirill

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

A running QB has never won the MVP, but I guess there's a first for everything.

Referring to the post I quoted, the MVP rarely wins the super bowl, especially as the first seed. I think the last time it happened was in the 90's. Lamar's performance in the playoffs last year doesn't give me any hope he's going to buck that trend.

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Referring to the post I quoted, the MVP rarely wins the super bowl, especially as the first seed. 

Okay, but using "it's never happened before" isn't valid justification that it won't happen.

7 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Lamar's performance in the playoffs last year doesn't give me any hope he's going to buck that trend.

Yeah, because rookie QBs should be expected to dominate the postseason, and there's definitely no growth between years 1 and 2.

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Okay, but using "it's never happened before" isn't valid justification that it won't happen

You're right, I'm just calling it like I see it. I just don't like the psyche of the Ravens this season. They look more like a "good job good effort Lamar" playoff exit than the champs. They've been cheerleading for that MVP trophy for Lamar since like week 6. You have guys like Earl crying about other teams tackling Lamar and saying they'll be in the superbowl. Earl also said earlier in the season Mahomes wouldn't get big plays on him, then we repeatedly cooked him, even without Hill in that game. Other guys on their team have been talking nonstop about being champions or in the superbowl. They've done a lot of talking for a team with a gimmicky offense and a young QB with one playoff game under his belt that he looked all-time bad in. If there's one thing I've learned from the Patriots, it's that you don't want your team to get too high or low in pursuit of the championship.

It's all good for me though, they've taken a lot of shine from the Chiefs having the top defense in the final 6 weeks and Mahomes returning to his usual unstoppable self. Don't think I've ever seen Mahomes this locked in, he's on some GOAT level competitior ish and doing his damage on the field and not in the media with click bait friendly soundbites.

• Like 1