Super Bowl Prediction

DoleINGout

4 minutes ago, Elky said:

Its turned into the "Best Quarterback on the Best Team" award. MVP works in basketball and baseball, but not football. All-Pro is all we really need.

QBs are inherently the most valuable position, so it makes perfect sense that the award often goes to the best QB on the best team. Not really sure how having the best season at the most important position in football is "meaningless and overrated". It's actually incredibly impressive in a league flush with QB talent.

• Like 1

I think the Chiefs will get in from the AFC. But that AFCCG in Baltimore will be awesome to watch. 

NFC I have no clue, you have 5 teams that have kinda middled out or regressed. Either they peaked early (Niners) or they are getting key injuries late (Seahawks) The only “Hot” team is coming in with too many injuries to be considered a big threat in the Eagles. Though it’d be hilarious if they beat the injured Seahawks and then get Desean back ha.

If the Saints had a higher seed I’d be more confident in them getting it. But not sure they would string together two rough road games. Brees’ injury this year was probably a blessing for keeping his arm from dying off like it has the last couple.

Niners have the right formula if they can go back to what made them the toughest NFC team during the most of the year. Will fall on JimmyG and how he does like any QB that doesn’t have much experience.

Packers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ...haven’t seen them play all that much since early on.

eagles are too hurt, playing well but anything beyond beating the Seahawks would be a pleasant surprise.

Seahawks are getting hurt at the worst time and were a little overrated before that. But in the NFC, Wilson is the one guy I’d fear putting his team on his back.

Vikings aren’t good enough to make it through all these teams, for them it’d be nice if they could upset the Saints and get that stigma of underperforming off their backs.

On 12/25/2019 at 11:39 PM, SmittyBacall said:

QBs are inherently the most valuable position, so it makes perfect sense that the award often goes to the best QB on the best team. Not really sure how having the best season at the most important position in football is "meaningless and overrated". It's actually incredibly impressive in a league flush with QB talent.

The point is that every year you can look at whoever is the QB on the best offensively performing team and knowingly say they're MVP this year.

An MVP award is supposed to look at individual performance and say who has done the best at their role. So with that in mind, can you honestly say that Lamar performed better in his position than TJ Watt did at his position this year? How do you gauge that? Their positions are completely different! How many sacks do you have to get to equal 1 TD throw? How many strip fumbles do you need to equal one sack?

The point is, it's stupid because its a team game where everyone has a different role and you're trying to compare TD's to sacks, to winning field goal kicks, to... You get the idea...

Basketball? Everyone does the same thing. Who does it best?

2 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

The point is that every year you can look at whoever is the QB on the best offensively performing team and knowingly say they're MVP this year.

And I'm saying that this isn't overrated and meaningless. The contrary, actually.

3 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

An MVP award is supposed to look at individual performance and say who has done the best at their role.

MVP - Most Valuable Player. I don't want to get into a semantics argument, but that's how I partly see it. The award should go to the best AND most valuable player. How do you determine value? You determine value by gauging how many wins that players presence is worth. 

24 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

So with that in mind, can you honestly say that Lamar performed better in his position than TJ Watt did at his position this year? How do you gauge that?

Did Lamar perform better at his position, I can't say for sure. Is he more valuable to his team? I can say with absolute certainty. 

On 12/25/2019 at 10:15 PM, Kirill said:

A running QB has never won the superbowl either. And Mark Ingram just got a calf strain, so maybe he's not 100% in the playoffs.

Such insightful information.. The Ravens won't win because they have a running Quarterback and because they are a flashy type of team.. 

Groundbreaking analysis!!

On 12/25/2019 at 10:29 PM, Kirill said:

Referring to the post I quoted, the MVP rarely wins the super bowl, especially as the first seed. I think the last time it happened was in the 90's. Lamar's performance in the playoffs last year doesn't give me any hope he's going to buck that trend.

Man you are on a roll with all of these terrible takes.. First off the top seed has won 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls, secondly how in the world does Lamars performance last year running a simplified offense have anything to do with this year? Lamar has obviously improved dramatically since that game last year so that whole Charges game narrative should no longer exist.. You will all be proven wrong soon enough..

20 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Man you are on a roll with all of these terrible takes.. First off the top seed has won 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls, secondly how in the world does Lamars performance last year running a simplified offense have anything to do with this year? Lamar has obviously improved dramatically since that game last year so that whole Charges game narrative should no longer exist.. You will all be proven wrong soon enough..

Chiefs are going to win the super bowl. Smoked your squad without Hill and Suggs. Does that game not exist too?

45 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Chiefs are going to win the super bowl. Smoked your squad without Hill and Suggs. Does that game not exist too?

Both teams are different since week 3.. You didn't have Hill and we didn't have Peters or Jimmy Smith in that game.. Why don't you worry about winning two games before you start running your mouth.. The fact that you think Suggs is a difference maker at this point is comical..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Ravens vs 49ers. 

Ravens are running at full speed. 

49ers are just tough. They are beatable and if they can get home field throughout I don't think any NFC team beats them at home. 

Ravens will be the champs. 

MC

Idk if we even make it. We are completely decimated with injuries

On 12/25/2019 at 11:47 AM, blizofoz45 said:

Where's that Rams fan from last year who acted like he'd just discovered football and had never seen his team win a game before? 

He wound up being the only redeeming factor in the Patriots winning another super bowl.  I kinda miss the little guy.

You must mean el ramster who changed his name to @ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI ? 

I think the cheifs are going to make it out of the AFC. They are peaking atthe right time and I really like their defense. 

15 hours ago, Letsch80 said:

Both teams are different since week 3.. You didn't have Hill and we didn't have Peters or Jimmy Smith in that game.. Why don't you worry about winning two games before you start running your mouth.. The fact that you think Suggs is a difference maker at this point is comical..

Agree about Suggs.  

He's all washed up.  

And I don't think Kansas City "smoked" Baltimore either.

That game could have went either way.