Week 17: Bears (7-8) at VIKINGS (10-5)

swede700

4 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Problem is you would have to get rid of way more players than what you think to tank. 

I don’t know.  Did you watch the Green Bay game?

Come to think of it, didn’t Torchezim start tossing around this idea of “tanking” a few weeks ago.  No it can’t be, can it?  First the MNF game and now playing backups in a regular season game???  It’s starting to make sense now... I blame Torchezim.  Zimmer and Spielman would have never come up with this tanking strategy on their own.

😉

Edited by since72

17 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Last year, the Vikings went 4-4 in the 2nd half of the season, 2-3 in the month of December, and 3-2-1 against the division. People deemed it a failure. 

This year, the Vikings went 4-4 in the 2nd half of the season, 2-3 in the month of December, and 2-4 against the division. 

I just don’t see how a playoff birth can change how the season is viewed. Not with what their expectations were over the past two seasons. If they don’t win a playoff game, there has to be changes made. 

I think signing Cousins was the mistake that locked us into what we are.  It's not that he's terrible, it's just that there isn't much room to maneuver and he's not good enough to carry us. And I think this is more on Spielman than Zimmer, although if you change Spielman you probably have to give the new guy the freedom to choose his own coach.

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Torchezim said:

It isn’t.  

You can garner a ton of picks though if you are looking to rebuild. Anyone saying that THIS team is going to win a Super Bowl is delusional.  

Tanking has never really been a thing in the NFL.  And if you look at the elite QB's, there's quite a few that have been had without picking in the top 5.  Not that having a top pick doesn't make it somewhat easier, but there's still a ton of luck involved.

12 hours ago, since72 said:

What happened to “on any given SUNDAY”?

Don’t we want a Sunday noon game?  To have a chance...

Ha!  We have a chance!

Now to get the TV coverage limited to Hennepin and Ramsey counties... Is there some sort of New Orleans TV blackout rule if they don't sell out the game?  :ph34r: