Week 17: Bears (7-8) at VIKINGS (10-5)

swede700

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Who do we go after as HC? Heard Riverboat is available. 

this league 95% of the time doesn’t matter. The Super Bowl winner is a top 5 QB. Until we completely tank. We most likely won’t get that. 

You're one of the few that gets it. We need a GM that can put together a proper scouting team and get us a QB. Until then. This team will be up against the cap and sustaining bad contracts.

Zimmer has had is part in this mess, but the defense isn't the overall problem here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Who do we go after as HC? Heard Riverboat is available. 

this league 95% of the time doesn’t matter. The Super Bowl winner is a top 5 QB. Until we completely tank. We most likely won’t get that. 

What’s wrong with tanking one year?  For someone like Lawrence, I’d tank.   Then again, I’m probably the only one here that would.  Making me an undeserving fan lol

I’m just sick of not having a great QB to build around.   And yes, I’m assuming Lawrence will be GREAT. I have zero doubts about it.  But I’m just a fan. What do I know?

Edited by Torchezim

21 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

What’s wrong with tanking one year?  For someone like Lawrence, I’d tank.   Then again, I’m probably the only one here that would.  Making me an undeserving fan lol

I’m just sick of not having a great QB to build around.   And yes, I’m assuming Lawrence will be GREAT. I have zero doubts about it.  But I’m just a fan. What do I know?

Problem is you would have to get rid of way more players than what you think to tank. 

we literally can’t lose Cousins and with him last year was as low as you can get on offense. Who do you dump on defense to get worse and not have any chance in the future? You trade Smith Barr, Kendrick’s, and Hunter?

With the players we have even with some trades we can’t even tank. You look pretty dumb getting rid of Zimmer and hiring another defensive coach that does worse with the same talent, that you just overpaid for. 

32 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Problem is you would have to get rid of way more players than what you think to tank. 

we literally can’t lose Cousins and with him last year was as low as you can get on offense. Who do you dump on defense to get worse and not have any chance in the future? You trade Smith Barr, Kendrick’s, and Hunter?

With the players we have even with some trades we can’t even tank. You look pretty dumb getting rid of Zimmer and hiring another defensive coach that does worse with the same talent, that you just overpaid for. 

Even teams that tank have great players. 

I wouldn’t get rid of Hunter, Kendricks, Bradbury or O’Neill. Every one else is fair game. 

Thoughts:

Boone, Odenigbo, Udoh, Boyd (minus 4th down), Weatherly and Bisi Johnson had a good game. They are all great depth to have.

I think they need some time, but Watts, Hollins and Cam Smith have some potential. I like it.

I dont think Samia was super effective? Jaleel Johnson isn't that good. Treadwell did nothing, as usual. Holton Hill took a step back it seems.

The loss is irrelevant but we have a good future ahead of us. That's good.

Now, playoff time! Skol!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torchezim said:

Everything. The very concept behind sports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nzd07 said:

This team has too much talent to even consider tanking next year. If you want to shake up the coaching staff, fine. But there is enough overall talent to win a Super Bowl with this squad.

I don’t agree, the talent doesn’t show up when it matters. The OL gets exposed horribly against playoff caliber competition. The Cornerback situation doesn’t look good unless Hill or Boyd can emerge into starters. Throw in several aging pieces like Griffen, Joseph (need a complete DT overhaul), Smith and several free agents who seem potentially too expensive in Waynes, Alexander and Hughes. The Vikes have talent but they’ve routinely shown they can’t perform against good teams. Either coaching needs to go and it’s a culture issue or we’ve got to seriously look at rebuilding parts of the roster (CB, DT and OL).

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

Everything. The very concept behind sports.

I was more speaking rhetorically but I guess on a forum, I probably shouldn’t do that.  

I won’t say that I hope they rank. I will say that if we aren’t a good team next year, we at least aren’t, like usual, not able to improve the QB position through the draft. 

I can’t stand the thought of seeing a guy like Lawrence or Fields going Jax, TB, Detroit, etc. 

When is it our time?

08/29/2019

Glad to get that meaningless game over.  Nobody likes to watch backups play.  Now, on to games that count!

12/29/2019

Glad to get that meaningless game over.  Nobody likes to watch backups play.  Now, on to games that count!

Groundhog Day in Minnesota.

• Like 2