Week 17: Bears (7-8) at VIKINGS (10-5)

swede700

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Let's see....couldn't win the job here. Twice.
Was cut.
Didn't get a backup or even a QB3 gig with 31 other teams.
Only on a roster due to a team losing their top-2 quarterbacks.

So tell me....if 32 teams don't have any faith in Sloter, why do you think he should be our backup?

Are you a better scout than what 32 other teams have employed based on what he did vs. 3rd stringers and those no longer in the league?

You don’t have to be a scout to watch a preseason game year after year, and determine who performed better.  It’s simple.  Zimmer chose Mannion because he knew us “fans who don’t know anything”, the ones who are on the receiving end of silly remarks just like yours, “erregghhareyoubetterthan32scouts“, would get quite rowdy had Cousins not performed well this year. 

And because:

1. Sloter hasn’t proven he could be a starter in this league yet.

2. Us fans that were tired of trotting out the same old garbage play that Cousins offered us last year, would probably, and maybe mistakingly, call for a new QB to be inserted into the line up.  It’s what normal fans do and it’s what fed up fans do.  

3. He wanted to make sure everything was absolutely perfect around Cousins, including outside criticism, so having a QB that displayed numerous glimpses of capability during preseason after preseason (literally any chance he got to play) wouldn’t bode well for Kirk’s confidence, unfortunately.  His confidence is shaky. It is widely known that I may it’s best, it’s unreliable.  

That’s why I believe he chose Mannion.  No one is saying Sloter would have taken Cousins job, but the backup job? There was no reason why he wasn’t given it.  

As a backup QB though, what the hell has Mannion proved to be able to do, in preseason or in the regular season to hold the back up spot? With how long he’s been in the league, I’m surprised he is even considered for that. He is terrible, whether it be preseason or regular season.  Zimmer’s unwillingness to take risks and vanilla and conservative outlook on how to build and run an offense is what made Mannion the back up.  

You can’t honestly sit there and believe, based on what has been shown, that Mannion was the better option for us. 

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

There is so, so much more that goes into being a back up QB. 

Sloter looked good playing backyard ball against 3rd and 4th stringers, but he wasn’t running the offense. Sloter got cut for good reason. 

How else is he supposed to obtain a position as someone’s backup and/or 3rd stringer if he is only given opportunities in the preseason?  Every time he was given a chance to play, he did what was asked if him and more.

From what he has shown season after season, in my opinion, he displayed more than enough to over take Sean Mannion for his role.  Mannion has done literally nothing to earn that job.  What has he done? 

3 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

You don’t have to be a scout to watch a preseason game year after year, and determine who performed better.  It’s simple.  Zimmer chose Mannion because he knew us “fans who don’t know anything”, the ones who are on the receiving end of silly remarks just like yours, “erregghhareyoubetterthan32scouts“, would get quite rowdy had Cousins not performed well this year. 

And because:

1. Sloter hasn’t proven he could be a starter in this league yet.

2. Us fans that were tired of trotting out the same old garbage play that Cousins offered us last year, would probably, and maybe mistakingly, call for a new QB to be inserted into the line up.  It’s what normal fans do and it’s what fed up fans do.  

3. He wanted to make sure everything was absolutely perfect around Cousins, including outside criticism, so having a QB that displayed numerous glimpses of capability during preseason after preseason (literally any chance he got to play) wouldn’t bode well for Kirk’s confidence, unfortunately.  His confidence is shaky. It is widely known that I may it’s best, it’s unreliable.  

That’s why I believe he chose Mannion.  No one is saying Sloter would have taken Cousins job, but the backup job? There was no reason why he wasn’t given it.  

As a backup QB though, what the hell has Mannion proved to be able to do, in preseason or in the regular season to hold the back up spot? With how long he’s been in the league, I’m surprised he is even considered for that. He is terrible, whether it be preseason or regular season.  Zimmer’s unwillingness to take risks and vanilla and conservative outlook on how to build and run an offense is what made Mannion the back up.  

You can’t honestly sit there and believe, based on what has been shown, that Mannion was the better option for us. 

This is nothing but a lot of drivel that’s supported by nothing other than its what you want to believe. 

1 minute ago, Torchezim said:

No one is saying Sloter would have taken Cousins job, but the backup job? There was no reason why he wasn’t given it.  

But once again, you say there's no reason he wasn't given the backup job.

Yet 31 other teams didn't see a reason to give him a backup job.

I mean I can agree with you that Zimmer might have cut him just so there's no "SLOTER! SLOTER! SLOTER!" chants in the crowd but you fail to explain why 31 other coaches wouldn't bring him in if that was the only reason Zimmer didn't want him.

There's something more to the equation as to why he couldn't make a roster unless 31 other coaches were also afraid to hear "SLOTER! SLOTER! SLOTER!" chants after their starting QB threw a second INT to close the first half.