Week 17: Bears (7-8) at VIKINGS (10-5)

swede700

6 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

So you think Sloter, who couldn't make a roster for 3/4 of the season, would be doing better right now?

I guess I've heard worse takes....

Better? I never said that. Though that thought did lurk in the back of my mind as a possibility because Mannion was terrible, even in the preseason.  

But I must ask you: what has Mannion ever done to make you think he’s a viable backup? He is probably the worst, most below average, and generic man behind center that I’ve ever seen in my life.  Won’t win anything but even after being in the league for what, close to a decade? He still stares down his receivers like its JV football. So vanilla, soft and boringly ineffective — describes Zimmer perfectly.   

3 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

But I must ask you: what has Mannion ever done to make you think he’s a viable backup? He is probably the worst, most below average, and generic man behind center that I’ve ever seen in my life.  Won’t win anything but even after being in the league for what, close to a decade? He still stares down his receivers like its JV football. So vanilla, soft and boringly ineffective — describes Zimmer perfectly.   

I'll ask you the same about Sloter being a viable backup.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

9 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

That’s not what I said, but ok. I choose not to believe in some magical “mindset” that allows teams to win or lose in playoff situations specifically. If the Vikings go out and execute up to their talent level on both sides of the ball they can win against anyone. They haven’t done that yet.

And whose fault is that? To not have the players ready to play and in a position to execute. 

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I'll ask you the same about Sloter being a viable backup.

I watched Sloter in preseason and I watched Mannion.  One played very well while the other might as well have not been there. In backups case, that’s all you have to go off of if they never see the field.  

2 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

I watched Sloter in preseason and I watched Mannion.  One played very well while the other might as well have not been there. In backups case, that’s all you have to go off of if they never see the field.  

Let's see....couldn't win the job here. Twice.
Was cut.
Didn't get a backup or even a QB3 gig with 31 other teams.
Only on a roster due to a team losing their top-2 quarterbacks.

So tell me....if 32 teams don't have any faith in Sloter, why do you think he should be our backup?

Are you a better scout than what 32 other teams have employed based on what he did vs. 3rd stringers and those no longer in the league?

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

1 minute ago, Torchezim said:

There is so, so much more that goes into being a back up QB. 

Sloter looked good playing backyard ball against 3rd and 4th stringers, but he wasn’t running the offense. Sloter got cut for good reason. 

• Like 2