Week 17: Bears (7-8) at VIKINGS (10-5)

swede700

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

This is nothing but a lot of drivel that’s supported by nothing other than its what you want to believe. 

Supported by nothing?  

Did you watch their preseason performances and who performed better? Have you anything to say in order to prove Mannion should have gotten the job?

Everything I’ve said is rooted in the performances I’ve seen from both of them.  It’s quite ignorant of you to say it isn’t supported by anything tangible. After being here a while,  If it sounds like drivel to you, it’s probably gold.  

I am not making anything up or misrepresenting anyone’s ability.  They both showed what they could do when given their opportunities. Mannion was joke and while Sloter came ready. 

Spin it however you want.  Sloter outplayed Mannion when they were given both given opportunities and it wasn’t even close. 

2 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

How else is he supposed to obtain a position as someone’s backup and/or 3rd stringer if he is only given opportunities in the preseason?  Every time he was given a chance to play, he did what was asked if him and more.

From what he has shown season after season, in my opinion, he displayed more than enough to over take Sean Mannion for his role.  Mannion has done literally nothing to earn that job.  What has he done? 

Do you think if Sloter was a better QB, he'd get those opportunities?

I mean I feel like a broken record but 32 teams didn't give him an opportunity in a league where QB's are at the utmost premium.

There has to be a reason as to why he hasn't gotten even the slightest chance to prove himself ANYWHERE in the league rather than some conspiracy theory against Sloter.

2 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Supported by nothing?  

Did you watch their preseason performances and who performed better? Have you anything to say in order to prove Mannion should have gotten the job?

Everything I’ve said is rooted in the performances I’ve seen from both of them.  It’s quite ignorant of you to say it isn’t supported by anything tangible. After being here a while,  If it sounds like drivel to you, it’s probably gold.  

I am not making anything up or misrepresenting anyone’s ability.  They both showed what they could do when given their opportunities. Mannion was joke and while Sloter came ready. 

Spin it however you want.  Sloter outplayed Mannion when they were given both given opportunities and it wasn’t even close. 

Could it be off the field issues?

Maybe he had troubles learning the offense? Maybe he couldn't grasp certain fundamentals of opposing defenses?

Like I said, there's a reason nobody gave him a shot. If he played a well as you think he did, then why didn't 31 other teams say "Ya know what....let's give this kid a chance.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

8 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

But once again, you say there's no reason he wasn't given the backup job.

Yet 31 other teams didn't see a reason to give him a backup job.

I mean I can agree with you that Zimmer might have cut him just so there's no "SLOTER! SLOTER! SLOTER!" chants in the crowd but you fail to explain why 31 other coaches wouldn't bring him in if that was the only reason Zimmer didn't want him.

There's something more to the equation as to why he couldn't make a roster unless 31 other coaches were also afraid to hear "SLOTER! SLOTER! SLOTER!" chants after their starting QB threw a second INT to close the first half.

But you haven’t answered any of my questions either???

I don’t know why other team didn’t claim him? Other priorities?  Other position that needed more focus? He slipped through the cracks?  I honestly don’t pay attention the the other teams.

Explain to me why veteran bottom dweller Mannion was given a job over someone who not only performed better than he did, but blew it out of the water?! Mannion is not even a capable backup. No one knows if Sloter is yet, but to my point all along, and based on EVERYTHING that was shown, why not give him a shot? 

Edited by Torchezim

Just now, Torchezim said:

But you haven’t answered any of my questions either???

I don’t know why other team didn’t claim him? Other priorities?  Other position that needed more focus? He slipped through the cracks?  I honestly don’t pay attention the the other teams.

Explain to me why veteran bottom dweller Mannion was given a job over someone who not performed better than he did, but blew it out of the water?! Mannion is not even a capable backup. No one knows if Sloter is yet, but to my point all along, and based on EVERYTHING that was shown, why not give him a shot? 

Because someone thought he was better suited to being a backup than Sloter.

Pretty simple.