Power Rankings and MVP Race Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

32 minutes ago, Raves said:

@RandyMossIsBoss Brees has actually been rather pedestrian by the standards he's put up the past 11 years.  Sure he went without an INT the first 4 weeks and had his first game with INTs, two but one could argue only one was legit, but he still isn't putting up big yards/TDs like before.  He's playing a much more reserved role and that's a compliment to our defense who have really stepped up the last 3 games and are why he can play a more game manager role.

Meanwhile Kamara is averaging, what, 6 YPC? 

On 10/17/2017 at 1:12 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Top Risers: Saints (↑ 6)

At 3 wins in a row, the Saints are riding the 2nd longest win streak at the moment. This streak includes fairly dominant wins over the Panthers, Dolphins and Lions, all .500 teams or better.

It seems the stats prove you right (according to Hanzus):

https://twitter.com/DanHanzus/status/920709690308182016/

5 hours ago, Raves said:

@RandyMossIsBoss Brees has actually been rather pedestrian by the standards he's put up the past 11 years.  Sure he went without an INT the first 4 weeks and had his first game with INTs, two but one could argue only one was legit, but he still isn't putting up big yards/TDs like before.  He's playing a much more reserved role and that's a compliment to our defense who have really stepped up the last 3 games and are why he can play a more game manager role.

He has only been pedestrian by pure yards numbers. Everything else is typical. And he's still on pace for 4,200 yards, he's not a game manager but he's no longer "f it here's 5k yards cause I have to carry" Brees. 

I reckon if our defense stays good and we make the playoffs they'll finally reward Brees with his MVP. Lord knows he deserves it. 

9 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

He has only been pedestrian by pure yards numbers. Everything else is typical. And he's still on pace for 4,200 yards, he's not a game manager but he's no longer "f it here's 5k yards cause I have to carry" Brees. 

I reckon if our defense stays good and we make the playoffs they'll finally reward Brees with his MVP. Lord knows he deserves it. 

Would that be one of his lowest yard totals of his careers?

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Would that be one of his lowest yard totals of his careers?

4200 yards would be the lowest total that he's had in New Orleans, currently 4388 is the lowest in NO.  It would still be higher than any year in San Diego though.

I'd probably put Brady as MVP. It's hard to imagine his team winning a single game without him at this point in the season and his stats have been great. Of course it comes down to how dominant the Chiefs and Alex Smith remain. If they go on a tear and are like 14-2 and his numbers are around the same tier, he could get it. But if the records and stats are close, I'd go Brady.

11 hours ago, lancerman said:

I'd probably put Brady as MVP. It's hard to imagine his team winning a single game without him at this point in the season and his stats have been great. Of course it comes down to how dominant the Chiefs and Alex Smith remain. If they go on a tear and are like 14-2 and his numbers are around the same tier, he could get it. But if the records and stats are close, I'd go Brady.

Uh oh. You're going to have GSUEagles on here claiming we'd still be 4-2 without Brady now. 

20 hours ago, lancerman said:

Welcome to the New Orleans Saints, how may I help you?

14 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Isn't it great thinking your offense has to score at least every other drive or else you'll lose? 

It's like, your QB and offense has to be 100% efficient and effective, or you WILL lose. Makes for closer games, which is seriously bad for heart health....:o

Archived