Power Rankings and MVP Race Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

20 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

are you joking? the pats d is still terrible, he just was able to adjust the gameplan so it was masked slightly. soft zone in combination with either a flawed qb or an off night depending what you think of winston led them to a respectable showing. but that was impossible according to some, maybe you should break down more plays showing how.

Had Tampa's kicker been able to make a couple of those FGs the other night NE would now be 2-3.

On 10/5/2017 at 6:30 PM, Pugger said:

But how many other teams will go 11-5 with their backup QB?  Usually 11 wins will be enough to make the playoffs.

Except Cassell proved to be much more than just some backup QB when he went to the Chiefs the next season and made the pro bowl.

BB making sure he has a good backup and most other coaches treating their backup as an after thought says nothing about Brady. 

8 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Because we fall for his bait and provide legitimate argument he has to snake around?

im sure there are plenty of pat fans who have logical, legitimate arguemnts. you havent been one of them over the last few days.

the defensive play thursda ruined almost any argument against what i was saying and, well, but by all means, keep on telling us how the pats were in complete control and dominated that game.

On 10/3/2017 at 1:46 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

What he said. 57-14 speaks volumes over who is better than who at this stage.

I still have the Titans higher. I basically think Houston played its game of the year last Sunday and Tennessee played its worst game. If they met in a 7 game series on a neutral site though I'd still back the Titans. 

12 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Don't want to derail the thread, but I specifically went out of my way to say that they didn't dominate.

There is a difference between being in control and dominating a game.

I've made several legitimate arguments.  You've done nothing but stick to your classic "this is my opinion, neener neener" strategy.

you havent really made any legitimate arguments. youve changed your argument quite a bit and tried to misrepresent things, but nothing legit. 

and i guess you could call my side an oponion. which is simply that a one score game for the majority and no more than 9 at anypoint is not being in control. weve alread seen that be close to the consensus here, guess they all that stragety, right?

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I still have the Titans higher. I basically think Houston played its game of the year last Sunday and Tennessee played its worst game. If they met in a 7 game series on a neutral site though I'd still back the Titans. 

You could be right, but I don't see it that way. The Texans defense has a case of kryptonite for Mariota. Even last year in his start vs the Texans, he was picked off twice. 

I think we've all seem instances where a big named player simply can't perform against a franchise, and Mariota simply can't perform against the Texans. When he does, I'll start thinking the Titans are the superior team.

Alex Smith has a 76.6% completion percentage, 5 points higher than anybody else 

one of only 2 QBs to not throw an interception to go with 11 TDs.(+1 rushing TD)

Passer rating of 125.8, no other QB has higher than 112

YPA of 8.8, which is number one in the NFL.

Hes gotta be leading the NFL's MVP race at this point.

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

one of only 2 QBs to not throw an interception to go with 11 TDs.(+1 rushing TD)

If voting was done today. He would surely be a unanimous MVP.

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

He's without a doubt the current MVP front runner right now. 

Right now this is the best team in the league, injuries are their biggest threat 

12 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah, he's on a level that nobody figured he'd hit. If the Chiefs felt as if he was capable of this, they don't draft Pat Mahomes.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, he's on a level that nobody figured he'd hit. If the Chiefs felt as if he was capable of this, they don't draft Pat Mahomes.

I don't see how that's relevant to Smith being the consensus MVP to this point. It doesn't matter what anyone thought he was going to do, only what he's done. 

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I feel like they drafted Mahomes just so he'd get to this level lol.

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

I don't see how that's relevant to Smith being the consensus MVP to this point. It doesn't matter what anyone thought he was going to do, only what he's done. 

It's more commentary than anything. I agree he's that dude right now. Had the Chiefs knew they had this type of player at QB, they don't move up to draft a QB.

Archived