Power Rankings and MVP Race Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

44 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Brady is 1st on yardage through air (and most yards in general), most yards per game, most yards per attempt, most 40+ yard throws and 10 TD to 0 Int. He also has no run game, a leaky OL and no defensive cover either. To me, that seems more MVP-like than Smith. 

Hunt, however....hmmm. 

Im just throwing stats out there.

Alex is definitely in the conversation as are Brady and Hunt.

Well see how the rest of the season plays out.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Have you watched him ? He's playing better football than his entire career. And we'd be 0-4 without him; that much is obvious to anyone who has watched football for more than 5 minutes. 

can you back up your claim of ybe pats being 0-4 without brady with any relevant fact or is it all 100% your opinion?

37 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I think you are the only person in the entire world who would think the Patriots would still be 2-2 without Brady.  Even if you think Jimmy G is the second coming of Rodgers and only a slight regression, they would be 1-3 at best.  Brady pulled that Houston game out of his backside.

The Patriots are deadlast or near it, in pretty much every defensive metric you can name.   I think the Saints game they actually played pretty well, but overall they've been a huge disappointment.   Part of that is just early season pains, but those would have happened with or without Brady.  They'll get better, but as for right now they've been bad.  

While the Patriots defense has been arguably the worst in the NFL through four weeks, Brady has been the consensus best QB in the NFL.  He leads the league in yards, touchdowns, TD:INT ratio, is second in QBR, top 3 in YPA and CMP% IIRC.   He's done this with a revolving door at WR, playing arguably 3 of the top 5 defenses in the league, and a very flukey and unreliable running game.

In the past you've made arguments that I've disagreed with, but there was at least a hint of logic and reason behind it.  Right now you're just trolling or haven't watched a single minute of Patriots football this year [or  not even looked at a box score] and purposefully being blind.

I mean in the Saints game were down to James White, a hurt Chris Hogan (who would have sat if the depth wasn't completely shot), newly acquired Dorsett, and our 3rd string TE as our receiving corps.   The broadcaster even commented how the Patriots don't not just have talent at receiver at that time, they don't have bodies to even take snaps.  Brady went for 447 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INT.

---
It's even more amusing coming from the guy who for years insisted Peyton Mannings teams were perpetual 2-14 teams without him, is now arguing "You can't argue the Patriots would be winless without Brady because we don't know, it's not debatable"

so... no?

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Alex Smith has a completion percentage of 76, leads the league in QB Rating(with QBs with 4 starts) and has 8 TDs to pair with 0 Interceptions. Last person to do that? Peyton Manning in 2015.

Not all on short passes either per the usual. From what I can find he's 3rd in yardage through the air

On top of being sacked 16 times in 4 games, leads the league, he's turned the ball over exactly 0 times.

He's definitely at the front of the pack for what voters take into consideration. 

- QB 

- undefeated/best record in the league

- Playing at a very high level 

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

can you back up your claim of ybe pats being 0-4 without brady with any relevant fact or is it all 100% your opinion?

You going to provide any substance behind your claim that they would be in the same position they are now without Brady?

All you've done is say, nuh uh, and refuse to actually bring any substance to back that up pertaining to this season. 

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Hang on, let's take a step back a second.

Our defense gives up 32 points per game. Brady is leading the NFL in yards and TDs. We are 2-2, winning one of those by only 3 points, which came on a Brady GWD. 

So, worst defense in league plus the QB with the top yardage and scoring plus 2-2 = We'd be F'd without said QB.

It's so painfully obvious that I think you're trolling.

3 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Yea, you're either trolling or can't back up what you said with any sort of logic.

I'm guessing it's a combination of both.

its real simple, belicheck has proven he fonds ways to win w/o brady.  im not him so i dont need ti figure out how he would do it, just point out that hes proven he can do it.

you guys are trying to downplay bb to prop up brady.

its real simple, belicheck has proven he fonds ways to win w/o brady.  im not him so i dont need ti figure out how he would do it, just point out that hes proven he can do it.

you guys are trying to downplay bb to prop up brady.

You can't even give a broad example of how BB would change the gameplan in order to win games without Brady.

You can't give any examples because there aren't any.

BB is one of the greatest coaches of all time...but he didn't reinvent the game. There's only so much he can do as the coach.

So again, what options would BB have as far changing the gameplan to compensate losing Brady and still win games that were won on the back of Brady?

The problem isn't the offense, it's the defense, so I'm also wondering why he wouldn't implement this new gameplan with Brady since he's an offensive player and his being active has no bearing on the defensive gameplan.

I don't need to downplay BB to prop up Brady right now...anyone who's actually watched them season knows they are at best 1-3 without Brady and most likely 0-4.

43 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

You can't even give a broad example of how BB would change the gameplan in order to win games without Brady.

You can't give any examples because there aren't any.

BB is one of the greatest coaches of all time...but he didn't reinvent the game. There's only so much he can do as the coach.

So again, what options would BB have as far changing the gameplan to compensate losing Brady and still win games that were won on the back of Brady?

The problem isn't the offense, it's the defense, so I'm also wondering why he wouldn't implement this new gameplan with Brady since he's an offensive player and his being active has no bearing on the defensive gameplan.

I don't need to downplay BB to prop up Brady right now...anyone who's actually watched them season knows they are at best 1-3 without Brady and most likely 0-4.

need that i need to causw im not bb, but im pretty sure i already did. maybe he runs the ball 55 times a game, maybe the defense rallies, who knows.

and so we  can end this hopefully, lets each put $500 in a 3rd party site, go through theel kc/ne game thread and if theres even one comment o n how the pass game or brady looks off/rusyy/etc i take the money, if not you take it. bet?

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

need that i need to causw im not bb, but im pretty sure i already did. maybe he runs the ball 55 times a game, maybe the defense rallies, who knows.

and so we  can end this hopefully, lets each put $500 in a 3rd party site, go through theel kc/ne game thread and if theres even one comment o n how the pass game or brady looks off/rusyy/etc i take the money, if not you take it. bet?

So you're reasoning behind your statement is based around 

- maybe the defense rallies

And

- Running the ball 55 times behind an OL that has been getting abused.

Yea...its painfully obvious you're not familiar with the Pats this season. 

32 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

So you're reasoning behind your statement is based around 

- maybe the defense rallies

And

- Running the ball 55 times behind an OL that has been getting abused.

Yea...its painfully obvious you're not familiar with the Pats this season. 

im sorry, are you taking that bet?

I agree with you that BB does a good job of adapting without Brady and finds ways to win, but this particular year, the Pats are 1-3 at best without Brady.  Or at least, without one of the best QBs in the league.  The only game I can see them winning with a backup QB is maybe the Saints game, because the Saints defense that game was historically bad and the Saints offense wasn't firing on all cylinders.

Archived