Power Rankings and MVP Race Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

cool, thats your opinion. history says otherwise, id agree its not debateable though.

I'm not gonna address 2009 because it's a completely different team now.

Last season the Patriots offense averaged 20.25 PPG over the first 4 weeks without Brady, with their best game being 31 points. 

This season the Patriots defense is giving up 32 PPG on average.

The Patriots offense without Brady scored over 30 (31) only once in 4 games and was shut out completely one time as well.

Their best score without Brady last season is less than what the defense is averaging giving up per game this season.

I'd say it's pretty obvious they are at the very best 1-3 without Brady, and 90% sure they are 0-4...when looking at this team "historically".

38 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I'm not gonna address 2009 because it's a completely different team now.

Last season the Patriots offense averaged 20.25 PPG over the first 4 weeks without Brady, with their best game being 31 points. 

This season the Patriots defense is giving up 32 PPG on average.

The Patriots offense without Brady scored over 30 (31) only once in 4 games and was shut out completely one time as well.

Their best score without Brady last season is less than what the defense is averaging giving up per game this season.

I'd say it's pretty obvious they are at the very best 1-3 without Brady, and 90% sure they are 0-4...when looking at this team "historically".

Horrible argument, pats/belicheck have proven to be able to adjust their game plan and win without brady. Maybe he tries to hold the ball for 45 min a game, maybe he comes up with something else. Doesnt matter though, as hes done it on multiple occasions.

Sorry,  but you guessing at percentages wont cut it. 

27 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Horrible argument, pats/belicheck have proven to be able to adjust their game plan and win without brady. Maybe he tries to hold the ball for 45 min a game, maybe he comes up with something else. Doesnt matter though, as hes done it on multiple occasions.

Sorry,  but you guessing at percentages wont cut it. 

Yea. You're right. I bet Belichick having Brady is limiting his game plan choices and actually somehow holding them back.

Please explain to me why if BB could win two more games by holding the ball more, he wouldn't, with or without Tom Brady.

The Patriots offense has never been better with Tom Brady off the field. Him not playing does absolutely nothing to help the Defense.

I'm not guessing, I'm using logic.

12 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Yea. You're right. I bet Belichick having Brady is limiting his game plan choices and actually somehow holding them back.

Please explain to me why if BB could win two more games by holding the ball more, he wouldn't, with or without Tom Brady.

The Patriots offense has never been better with Tom Brady off the field. Him not playing does absolutely nothing to help the Defense.

Not worth it. Trust me.

21 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

logic would be realizing the pats gameplan would change without brady, if you cant admit that than you arent suing logic.

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

logic would be realizing the pats gameplan would change without brady, if you cant admit that than you arent suing logic.

And what would they possibly do different that would win them those 2 games they lost?

13 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

The gameplan never changed last year when JG started. I broke down every play last year and they used same offensive personnel, same amount of timing routes, same snap to release time and the same amount of pass/run ratio.

11 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

And what would they possibly do different that would win them those 2 games they lost?

Im not bill belicheck, so i cant reall answer that. What I do know is hes proven that he can find a way to adjust and win without Brady. To say the pats would be winless without brady is a baseless claim. Theres no getting around it so move on.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Im not bill belicheck, so i cant reall answer that. What I do know is hes proven that he can find a way to adjust and win without Brady. To say the pats would be winless without brady is a baseless claim. Theres no getting around it so move on.

Would they run it more? Their OL is getting abused this season so far.

Simplify the passing game? What would that do improve the offense That already leads the league?

You said Belichick would be able to adjust without Brady...the problem is it's the defense losing these games, not the offense. 

So lets say youre right and he'd adjust. The problem is the Defense, so wouldn't Belichick have made that gameplan change already since Brady has played in almost every scheme throughout his career?

11 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

bs. Historically you take brady away and they are still a very good team. Pats are 2-2 and Brady is not the MVP right now, not even top 3.

Have you watched him ? He's playing better football than his entire career. And we'd be 0-4 without him; that much is obvious to anyone who has watched football for more than 5 minutes. 

Alex Smith has a completion percentage of 76, leads the league in QB Rating(with QBs with 4 starts) and has 8 TDs to pair with 0 Interceptions. Last person to do that? Peyton Manning in 2015.

Not all on short passes either per the usual. From what I can find he's 3rd in yardage through the air

On top of being sacked 16 times in 4 games, leads the league, he's turned the ball over exactly 0 times.

43 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Alex Smith has a completion percentage of 76, leads the league in QB Rating(with QBs with 4 starts) and has 8 TDs to pair with 0 Interceptions. Last person to do that? Peyton Manning in 2015.

Not all on short passes either per the usual. From what I can find he's 3rd in yardage through the air

On top of being sacked 16 times in 4 games, leads the league, he's turned the ball over exactly 0 times.

Brady is 1st on yardage through air (and most yards in general), most yards per game, most yards per attempt, most 40+ yard throws and 10 TD to 0 Int. He also has no run game, a leaky OL and no defensive cover either. To me, that seems more MVP-like than Smith. 

Hunt, however....hmmm. 

Archived