Kolton Miller Highlights 2019

FilmJunkie

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm one of those and I like the direction he is trending. But I didn't like the pick and still feel they could have gotten better value. Fitzpatrick or James being optimal.

I agree with Fitzpatrick or James, however, LT is the 2nd most important position on the field behind QB imo. Gotta keep the QB upright. Also, the hate reminds me of the hate Ferrell got this year. I just don't get posters hating on rookies before giving them a chance to succeed. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm one of those and I like the direction he is trending. But I didn't like the pick and still feel they could have gotten better value. Fitzpatrick or James being optimal.

Yeah, Miller has been good but not great here. Hell in 2 seasons I believe he has allowed like 23 sacks, which has to be among the most for any starting LT in the league. Fitzpatrick and James have both shown they can be All-Pro level players, Miller's not even close to that. 

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, Miller has been good but not great here. Hell in 2 seasons I believe he has allowed like 23 sacks, which has to be among the most for any starting LT in the league. Fitzpatrick and James have both shown they can be All-Pro level players, Miller's not even close to that. 

He gave up 16 his first year down to 7 this year perspective man. Last year he had 8 penalties down to 4 this year. he clearly got better and can still grow in his 3rd year.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

He gave up 16 his first year down to 7 this year perspective man. Last year he had 8 penalties down to 4 this year. he clearly got better and can still grow in his 3rd year.

He definitely has gotten a lot better, he went from being one of the worst LT in NFL history to being an above average player within a year. He has the tools to be good but I just don't think he'll ever be a dominant player. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He definitely has gotten a lot better, he went from being one of the worst LT in NFL history to being an above average player within a year. He has the tools to be good but I just don't think he'll ever be a dominant player. 

He doesn't have to be a dominant. Above average and tools to grow is a good thing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

He doesn't have to be a dominant. Above average and tools to grow is a good thing.

I just don't think he has the tools to be a dominant player. He'll likely be above average to good, which is fine. I like Kolton Miller but I can understand why someone would prefer having James over him. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just don't think he has the tools to be a dominant player. He'll likely be above average to good, which is fine. I like Kolton Miller but I can understand why someone would prefer having James over him. 

I'm still not sure why we let Jared Veldheer walk.  He was a really really good LT.  Does anyone remember why? 

1 hour ago, Totty said:

I'm still not sure why we let Jared Veldheer walk.  He was a really really good LT.  Does anyone remember why? 

His brother was his agent if I recall. I think we offered 7 million per and said 'final offer' then Zona offered 7.5 and they took it instead of saying 'are you sure it's your final offer?' Also lost Houston too and some fans here just said they weren't good enough but neither broke the bank. I still remember Jared's 'Hulk' pic. LOL

He also played Center a few games his rookie year. A 6'8 center?!?

Edited by G
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, G said:

His brother was his agent if I recall. I think we offered 7 million per and said 'final offer' then Zona offered 7.5 and they took it instead of saying 'are you sure it's your final offer?' Also lost Houston too and some fans here just said they weren't good enough but neither broke the bank. I still remember Jared's 'Hulk' pic. LOL

He also played Center a few games his rookie year. A 6'8 center?!?

I read that after my inquiry.  Samson took it back though.  Jared always seemed solid.  

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I see where you're coming from, but think about our 2nd game vs SD. The chargers arguably have more talent than us at every position, except on the OL. Our OL dominated theirs and our DL dominated their terrible OL. That was the difference in a decisive win. Miller, while he got sloppy a bit down the stretch with the rest of the OL, has shown continued growth. A young ascending left tackle is way more important than a safety positionally. James already sustained a stress fracture in year 2. The best ability is availability. Kolton Miller could play another 10 years easily. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I see where you're coming from, but think about our 2nd game vs SD. The chargers arguably have more talent than us at every position, except on the OL. Our OL dominated theirs and our DL dominated their terrible OL. That was the difference in a decisive win. Miller, while he got sloppy a bit down the stretch with the rest of the OL, has shown continued growth. A young ascending left tackle is way more important than a safety positionally. James already sustained a stress fracture in year 2. The best ability is availability. Kolton Miller could play another 10 years easily. 

Miller also injured his leg last year and many believe that is why he played like one of the worst LT's in the history of the game.  If I have to choose between IR and being out there and still hurting my team I will choose IR every time.  I agree with what you are saying but not when it comes to Miller and James.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Miller also injured his leg last year and many believe that is why he played like one of the worst LT's in the history of the game.  If I have to choose between IR and being out there and still hurting my team I will choose IR every time.  I agree with what you are saying but not when it comes to Miller and James.

Also Gruden is right, it was kind of a sunk cost fallacy with reggie's missed picks at safety, i.e. Obi.

53 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Also Gruden is right, it was kind of a sunk cost fallacy with reggie's missed picks at safety, i.e. Obi.

My philosophy as a new coach is to sit down and talk with every player I believe capable of contributing to my team.  Gruden should have sat down with Carr, Mack, Obi, etc...  If he did not believe these players had a place on the team because of talent or philosophy you start with a clean slate on your draft board.  I would not care if we had just drafted a QB in the first the prior year.  If I do not plan on him being on my team I draft another one.  If James provides a greater benefit than Miller then I take James regardless of who was drafted the year before if I do not plan on keeping them.  Gruden can have a different philosophy but that is mine.