Wild Card GDT: The Mangled Corpse of the Philadelphia Eagles vs the Mangled Corpse of the Seattle Seahawks

EaglesPeteC

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This year? I absolutely agree. We weren't* realistically competing for a Super Bowl this year even in the playoffs. It was mostly just for feel good vibes to see how far we could get.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Seems to be the fine equivalent of “the play stands“ instead of being confirmed.

Type of thing that has gotten fined all year. But they missed it, then try to defend it and just want to move on.

Its whatever. I think most just wanted the acknowledgment it was what it was, not necessarily the fine. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Seems to be the fine equivalent of “the play stands“ instead of being confirmed.

Type of thing that has gotten fined all year. But they missed it, then try to defend it and just want to move on.

Its whatever. I think most just wanted the acknowledgment it was what it was, not necessarily the fine. 

Just heard an interesting ESPN radio interview. I only caught about 5 minutes of it as it was a short drive. But the dude said it was Jon Runyan who decided not to fine the hit as he saw it as "incidental" head to head contact. ESPN dude said in no way was it dirty as there was no intent to injure nor make contact with Wentz's head. 

Of course, I loved the interview because the dude went on to bang on Philly fans. Said you guys will cheer the loudest for anyone else getting injured, but also cry foul the loudest if any of your dudes get hurt. 

37 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Of course, I loved the interview because the dude went on to bang on Philly fans. Said you guys will cheer the loudest for anyone else getting injured, but also cry foul the loudest if any of your dudes get hurt. 

tbh it's true, and I don't like it. Was the there intentional contact to the head? No. I think you can argue that maybe there should have been a penalty, but it definitely wasn't intentional or dirty. I'm sorry fellow Eagles fans, but y'all are soft if you're calling for a suspension to Clowney after that.

I do get upset when we suffer injury after injury after injury simply because I want to see us do what I believe we're capable of doing and not be at the mercy of unfortunate circumstances time and time again.

• Like 1

Don’t think it was dirty but it deserved a fine. He hit and drove a helmet into the ground. On a QB no less. It’s everything the NFL has tried to stop the passed few years. I’ve seen plenty guys not try to hit or land on a QB wrong, not try to hit him in the knees or accidentally swing an arm and hit the head and get a penalty. Don’t think it was dirty but it was helmet to helmet contact not initiated by the ball carrier with some extra sauce. Should have been penalized. Should have been fined. 

43 minutes ago, Danger said:

tbh it's true, and I don't like it. Was the there intentional contact to the head? No. I think you can argue that maybe there should have been a penalty, but it definitely wasn't intentional or dirty. I'm sorry fellow Eagles fans, but y'all are soft if you're calling for a suspension to Clowney after that.

I do get upset when we suffer injury after injury after injury simply because I want to see us do what I believe we're capable of doing and not be at the mercy of unfortunate circumstances time and time again.

He should have been fined. The NFL is inconsistent as hell with garbage like this. He practically speared Wentz who was already going to the ground. If that happens to Rodgers or Brady the dude is 100% losing some of his paycheck but that is how the league is.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/11/controversial-blindside-block-from-bills-texans-game-draws-a-fine/

That play got fined. Clowney didn't. It is a joke, the NFL is lost, and everyone who can think critically about it knows it.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

That play got fined. Clowney didn't. It is a joke, the NFL is lost, and everyone who can think critically about it knows it.

By saying this, you are implying that anyone who doesnt agree with your stance is unable to think critically? 

So people arent allowed to have differing opinions now? 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

By saying this, you are implying that anyone who doesnt agree with your stance is unable to think critically? 

So people arent allowed to have differing opinions now? 

So you are telling me you think that the NFL deals with fines and suspensions well? Really????

It is a joke, the NFL is lost, and everyone who can think critically about it knows it.

If you don't think that the way the NFL deals out penalties to their players is completely inconsistent, I have no clue what league you are watching.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So you are telling me you think that the NFL deals with fines and suspensions well? Really????

If you don't think that the way the NFL deals out penalties to their players is completely inconsistent, I have no clue what league you are watching.

Is that what I said?

I am talking about this instance btw

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is that what I said?

I am talking about this instance btw

You are either being completely obtuse or just struggle with basic reading comprehension. 

The NFL is inconsistent as hell with garbage like this.

It is a joke, the NFL is lost, and everyone who can think critically about it knows it.

I can blatantly spell it out for you. People can have their own opinions on what should/shouldn't be penalized. The league shouldn't. Their rulings make no sense on a case by case basis. It is nothing new and has been going on for years. If you don't think Clowney should have got fined for that, so be it. If you think the league wouldn't have fined Clowney if that was Aaron Rodgers head he crushed, you are off your rocker.

The NFL's former VP of Officiating's take on these two plays: 

https://94wip.radio.com/mike-pereira-jadeveon-clowney-cheap

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/04/mike-pereira-questions-penalty-on-bills-cody-ford/

So according to someone who literally used to be one of the top dogs in the league is saying the EXACT opposite of what the league did. He believes Clowney took a cheap shot and he thought the call on Cordy Ford call was a no call. If this doesn't make it blatantly clear that the league is a joke and completely lost when it comes to how they deal out these punishments, then yes, you flat out can't use critical thinking skills.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You are either being completely obtuse or just struggle with basic reading comprehension. 

I can blatantly spell it out for you. People can have their own opinions on what should/shouldn't be penalized. The league shouldn't. Their rulings make no sense on a case by case basis. It is nothing new and has been going on for years. If you don't think Clowney should have got fined for that, so be it. If you think the league wouldn't have fined Clowney if that was Aaron Rodgers head he crushed, you are off your rocker.

The NFL's former VP of Officiating's take on these two plays: 

https://94wip.radio.com/mike-pereira-jadeveon-clowney-cheap

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/04/mike-pereira-questions-penalty-on-bills-cody-ford/

So according to someone who literally used to be one of the top dogs in the league is saying the EXACT opposite of what the league did. He believes Clowney took a cheap shot and he thought the call on Cordy Ford call was a no call. If this doesn't make it blatantly clear that the league is a joke and completely lost when it comes to how they deal out these punishments, then yes, you flat out can't use critical thinking skills.

I told you during the game I thought you were blowing it out of proportion. I thought the hit was borderline but not dirty. I even pointed out to you in the GDT that I was not sure it would be fined.

And no, I dont think Arod = fine and Wentz it doesnt. You clearly disagree. 

That is exactly what the guy on the radio was talking about, BTW. 

Edited by Matts4313

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That is exactly what the guy on the radio was talking about, BTW. 

Yeah, your reading comprehension is just terrible. I didn't say a single word about what I thought about the hit in that post, or about Carson's injury. I only commented on how the league deals out punishments.

Trying to converse with you is like trying to talk to a wall. Idk why I have ever bothered.