Jump to content
Bobby816

2019/2020 Offseason

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

At 1-7....OMG the team isn’t winning I’m not happy 

Finishes 6-2....Umm he’s not a people person, umm Bell isn’t performing well, umm I’m not happy 

LOL New York sports fans man. Their way or the highway. We should have hired Joe Judge. 

However, we didn't look good during that 6-2 run...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

However, we didn't look good during that 6-2 run...

We won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

At 1-7....OMG the team isn’t winning I’m not happy 

Finishes 6-2....Umm he’s not a people person, umm Bell isn’t performing well, umm I’m not happy 

LOL New York sports fans man. Their way or the highway. We should have hired Joe Judge. 

At 1-7 I was still saying we'd rattle off a handle full of wins and finish right around where we did. I don't think people understand how insanely easy our schedule was this season, especially the latter stretch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

At 1-7 I was still saying we'd rattle off a handle full of wins and finish right around where we did. I don't think people understand how insanely easy our schedule was this season, especially the latter stretch. 

I said the same thing but far before the season had even started and spiraled out of control. I honestly feel like even if we lost but Sam played every game we would have found our consistency earlier in the year. And maybe, just maybe those Miami and Cincinnati losses don’t happen. 

We also have to understand that the same way we looked at certain games as easy, other teams saw the same in us but we won them and they didn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I said the same thing but far before the season had even started and spiraled out of control. I honestly feel like even if we lost but Sam played every game we would have found our consistency earlier in the year. And maybe, just maybe those Miami and Cincinnati losses don’t happen. 

We also have to understand that the same way we looked at certain games as easy, other teams saw the same in us but we won them and they didn’t. 

We had 2 quality games played all season and that was Oakland and Washington in back to back weeks. Every win besides that we didn’t look that good in. Did enough to win. Which when you’re a winning team matters. But we aren’t there yet. It’s good to create the culture that winning period is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We had 2 quality games played all season and that was Oakland and Washington in back to back weeks. Every win besides that we didn’t look that good in. Did enough to win. Which when you’re a winning team matters. But we aren’t there yet. It’s good to create the culture that winning period is great.

Dallas? New York? Buffalo week 1 was going well until Mosley dropped. But with all the turnover roster wise it was hard to find consistency. It’s like in baseball where you have to manufacture runs, sac flys aren’t as pretty as homeruns but they get the job done. Look at this. 
 

When have you seen something like that before? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Dallas? New York? Buffalo week 1 was going well until Mosley dropped. But with all the turnover roster wise it was hard to find consistency. It’s like in baseball where you have to manufacture runs, sac flys aren’t as pretty as homeruns but they get the job done. Look at this. 
 

When have you seen something like that before? 

Never. It's a major problem and I really hope the Jets make dramatic changes to their medical/training techniques. We've been told that the team has been undergoing a study for over 2 months now so I have some faith, but would like to see them take a page out of the Yankees playbook and hire someone like Eric Cressey to be part of their Strength & Conditioning team. There have been so many advances in sports science/medicine that new philosophies should at the very least allow the team to avoid an anomaly like this one going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I said the same thing but far before the season had even started and spiraled out of control. I honestly feel like even if we lost but Sam played every game we would have found our consistency earlier in the year. And maybe, just maybe those Miami and Cincinnati losses don’t happen. 

We also have to understand that the same way we looked at certain games as easy, other teams saw the same in us but we won them and they didn’t. 

Agreed - Sam was great vs. Dallas so everyone thought he’d just jump right back into it, when in reality, the guy was on bed rest for a month so some type of acclimation period should’ve been expected. 

Having said that, I thought we had more talent (On paper) than the majority of the teams we beat this year. That’s wild and speaks volumes about our SOS. I agree with Bobby that although winning is great for culture, there’s nothing that impresses me about barely beating the Miami’s of the world while looking inept in the process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Agreed - Sam was great vs. Dallas so everyone thought he’d just jump right back into it, when in reality, the guy was on bed rest for a month so some type of acclimation period should’ve been expected. 

Having said that, I thought we had more talent (On paper) than the majority of the teams we beat this year. That’s wild and speaks volumes about our SOS. I agree with Bobby that although winning is great for culture, there’s nothing that impresses me about barely beating the Miami’s of the world while looking inept in the process. 

As fans we fail to realize that other teams play too. Just because we think we should walk through other teams those are men on the other side of the ball. 

Cant be mad we lost Miami and mad with how we beat them.

Only bad loss was Cincinnati. Dalton always kills us tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

As fans we fail to realize that other teams play too. Just because we think we should walk through other teams those are men on the other side of the ball. 

Cant be mad we lost Miami and mad with how we beat them.

Only bad loss was Cincinnati. Dalton always kills us tho

We aren't even in the same stratosphere here so i'll just agree to disagree lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NJC33 said:

We aren't even in the same stratosphere here so i'll just agree to disagree lol.

We will not agree to disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Agreed - Sam was great vs. Dallas so everyone thought he’d just jump right back into it, when in reality, the guy was on bed rest for a month so some type of acclimation period should’ve been expected. 

Having said that, I thought we had more talent (On paper) than the majority of the teams we beat this year. That’s wild and speaks volumes about our SOS. I agree with Bobby that although winning is great for culture, there’s nothing that impresses me about barely beating the Miami’s of the world while looking inept in the process. 

I do not think we have more talent than those teams. Remember, this Jets team had a TON of injuries. We lost a lot of good football players for the season.  

The advantage we had over teams was usually Darnold. Also Jamal Adams taking control of the defense. We have some pieces, but if we didn't have Darnold we would probably be a 1-15 team.  Our roster was pathetic, we couldn't run the ball at all all season. We had a historically bad OL with 9-10 different groupings. No #1 WR, both TEs injured. Awful CBs, no edge rush, losing our 2 best LBers. 

I just don't see how we had more talent than any team. We are among the least talented teams in football. We need Joe Douglas to be a good drafter and to put priorities on positions that matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I do not think we have more talent than those teams. Remember, this Jets team had a TON of injuries. We lost a lot of good football players for the season.  

The advantage we had over teams was usually Darnold. Also Jamal Adams taking control of the defense. We have some pieces, but if we didn't have Darnold we would probably be a 1-15 team.  Our roster was pathetic, we couldn't run the ball at all all season. We had a historically bad OL with 9-10 different groupings. No #1 WR, both TEs injured. Awful CBs, no edge rush, losing our 2 best LBers. 

I just don't see how we had more talent than any team. We are among the least talented teams in football. We need Joe Douglas to be a good drafter and to put priorities on positions that matter. 

Miami, Bills Jv team, Giants, Redskins - We had more “talent” on paper than all four of these teams. Darnold > Hodges is a enough of a talent gap to give us the advantage over the Steelers. 

I’m not overestimating our roster or discrediting injuries, our schedule was that bad. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a point that should be noted going into FA is that getting an OLineman to want to come here should be that hard. 1st off we have money to offer. We have a QB to sell and even a star RB to sell.

But that's not the biggest selling point for me that will make guys want to come here. JD I think will be the reason they want to come here. He's a respects personnel guy. But more importantly he's young and a former OLineman that I think can 100% sell this team to OLineman. So in years past areas we needed help in, we wondered if we could sell the franchise to these guys. I don't think we have to worry about that with the FA OLineman this offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I like this kid. This highlight tape shows a lot of things. Drafted by Kansas City, the versatility is nice. Too many body catches tho however he gets the ball traffic. Will be a nice depth piece/special teams guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×