2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

I don't think Conklin will get a crack at LT.  It is either G or RT for him if he signs with Jets depending on Edoga.  I still can't get a confirmation that Edoga will be LT but he is guaranteed to be one of starters in 2020.    

Bengals may release Cordy Glenn.  He knows ZBS but serious questionable character.

Jets keep checking on Stefen Wisniewski for Center job.  Chiefs like to keep him.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Zero percent chance. 

Agreed. You don't make him one of the highest (if not the highest) paid OTs in the NFL and then move him to G.

That being said I think it would be very smart to put Edoga between him and Glasgow if we signed both of them. I think if we go OT in Round 1 they will be good to start at 1 of the OT spots (preferably LT) and be good there. Where Edoga being more raw might need that help from Glasgow and Conklin.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. You don't make him one of the highest (if not the highest) paid OTs in the NFL and then move him to G.

That being said I think it would be very smart to put Edoga between him and Glasgow if we signed both of them. I think if we go OT in Round 1 they will be good to start at 1 of the OT spots (preferably LT) and be good there. Where Edoga being more raw might need that help from Glasgow and Conklin.

Thuney is set to have one of the expensive contract in OL.  His market value is 14.9.  You want him but not Conklin because of highest paid OL?

When you put the raw player on RT, you usually want TE to help RT out. not G.   Really dumb to give up stronger or heavier DT to help out RT.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Thuney is set to have one of the expensive contract in OL.  His market value is 14.9.  You want him but not Conklin because of highest paid OL?

When you put the raw player on RT, you usually want TE to help RT out. not G.   Really dumb to give up stronger or heavier DT to help out RT.

Now you're just making crap up. When have I said I want one or the other of Conklin, Thuney or Scherff, etc? I'd love any of them. Please dont make stuff up.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Now you're just making crap up. When have I said I want one or the other of Conklin, Thuney or Scherff, etc? I'd love any of them. Please dont make stuff up.

You said you wanted Thuney.. Right?  

Thuney is about to get one of highest paid.  Right?

Joe Douglas values OL, not just OT.   Right?

You said Conklin should not play G because he is about to get one of highest paid OT.  Right?

I am not making those up so far. Agreed?   Thank you.   Where did I say about your plan for Conklin, Thuney or Scherff or all of them?

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

You said you wanted Thuney.. Right?  

Thuney is about to get one of highest paid.  Right?

Joe Douglas values OL, not just OT.   Right?

You said Conklin should not play G because he is about to get one of highest paid OT.  Right?

I am not making those up so far. Agreed?   Thank you.   Where did I say about your plan for Conklin, Thuney or Scherff or all of them?

NO!!! You said this, "You want him (meaning Thuney) but not Conklin because of highest paid OL?

When did I say I didn't want Thuney or Conklin bc of price? My point was that you don't go and pay a guy a huge sum of money and then move their position. If we sign Conklin I want him at RT, If we sign Thuney I want him at LG. Plain and simple. Im perfectly happy paying them elite money. You just dont change their position thats made them earn that money. Meaning you dont pay Thuney and than move him to RT, same as you dont pay Conklin and move him to LG.

You sir took what I said and made crap up as if I didn't want one of them. Instead of actually reading what I wrote and take that I dont want to pay a guy and then move their position.

12 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’d prefer Thuney but I’d love adding Conklin. I think at the end of the day we resign Beachum as insurance and roll out next year with and OL of Conklin-Edoga-Glasgow-Wirfs-Beachum with Wirfs sliding into LT next year

The more the merrier.  Always. 

Problem is neither Edoga, Conklin nor Wirfs is a LT material on paper.   We will be lucky if either can stick LT.  It takes a great faith to believe in a certain OT.  As far as I know, Conklin isn't going to be LT any time in NFL because he still has bad footwork for pass protection.   That leaves Edoga and Wirfs.  Hey, I am not their HC. lol.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

The more the merrier.  Always. 

Problem is neither Edoga, Conklin nor Wirfs is a LT material on paper.   We will be lucky if either can stick LT.  It takes a great faith to believe in a certain OT.  As far as I know, Conklin isn't going to be LT any time in NFL because he still has bad footwork for pass protection.   That leaves Edoga and Wirfs.  Hey, I am not their HC. lol.

Wirfs can absolutely be a LT at the next level, has the size and athleticism for it.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

NO!!! You said this, "You want him (meaning Thuney) but not Conklin because of highest paid OL?

When did I say I didn't want Thuney or Conklin bc of price? My point was that you don't go and pay a guy a huge sum of money and then move their position. If we sign Conklin I want him at RT, If we sign Thuney I want him at LG. Plain and simple. Im perfectly happy paying them elite money. You just dont change their position thats made them earn that money. Meaning you dont pay Thuney and than move him to RT, same as you dont pay Conklin and move him to LG.

You sir took what I said and made crap up as if I didn't want one of them. Instead of actually reading what I wrote and take that I dont want to pay a guy and then move their position.

Oh you focus on each specific position.  all right.. I don't care for specific position because Conklin has legit traits to play inside as I have no problem to pay him to play inside.