2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

I would love to have Robby back. He's made the best of a QB situation over the years with people like Petty, Mccown, Fitz, and Falk. He'll have options but a lot of the teams that have more cap space than us aren't in a clearly better QB situation than us. I wouldn't be shocked if Buffalo reached out to him. 

___

I'm interested in Beasley, Quinn, and Ngakoue to pair with Jordan Jenkins. Oline is top priority, but adding someone like Ngakoue is a game-changer. 

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

After seeing the CBA numbers, I'm all for signing him to a deal paying him $14 million per. The cap is expected to raise by $40 million next year. That's insane. He'd probably get $20 million per year had he become a free agent next year. Need to consciously improve the WR group as a hole, but we can do a lot worse than bringing back Robby as the X. Go get Aiyuk/Hamler + another receiver in the middle of the draft, a healthy Herndon, and an improved offensive line, and another year of development for Sam... 

Image result for happy meme

Paying the guys making less than 1mill more than mill eats into that number quite a bit though. So that’s not a very realistic number as to what we can sign guys for. Those guys making 750k will be making 1.7mill and there’s a lot of guys like that. So that eats nearly 1/2 of that’s “35-40mill” number you said.

I for 1 am not for at all paying Robby big money. 

3 minutes ago, DowNY said:

I’d rather draft Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs over paying Robby. Put that money towards OL.

My thing Is it’s not about money in general. It’s that he’s not worth that money. If he gets 15mill per that makes him the 10th highest paid WR in the NFL. Dude is a #2 WR that stretches the field. That’s it. It’s ridiculous to pay him like he’s Adams, OBJ, Julio, Hopkins, etc.

• Like 1

We definitely need a Pass Rusher and I think our Cornerback situation can be solid with Poole, Austin, Hairston, Canady and Maulet. Our run defense is stout and should consistently put teams in 2nd and long and 3rd and long. 

Offensively I feel like Gase can manufacture route combos to get guys open but the Line is most important for both that passing game and running game. 

If you said we could sign Robby and Conklin or say Yannick and Conklin then I’m going with the Tackle and the EDGE.

For me personally my ideal scenario this offseason would be sign Concklin and another OT in FA and use the 1st rd to draft a Jeudy or Lamb in the first round. The Jets need a dynamic #1 at receiver. 

Rolling into the the season with Jeudy/Lamb, Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, and Bell would be great for Sam. 

I think Lamb is cant miss and gives me Julio Jones vibes as is Jeudy as I believe he gives me Amari Cooper vibes

• Like 1

I am surprised that no one bothers to encourage Jets to tag Robby as a transition player.   Let him test FA to see if any team willingly pays him 13-15m per season.  If not, he can come back for 10-11m or whatever TT price is confirmed.  We still draft WR with or without RA.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I am surprised that no one bothers to encourage Jets to tag Robby as a transition player.   Let him test FA to see if any team willingly pays him 13-15m per season.  If not, he can come back for 10-11m or whatever TT price is confirmed.  We still draft WR with or without RA.

Bc then we risk a holdout and Robby isn’t worth a holdout

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc then we risk a holdout and Robby isn’t worth a holdout

lol.  In that provided situation, he has no clause to holdout at all.   Besides, his holdout won't create some headache for Jets at all.   TT won't be fully guaranteed until he signs the tender.   Hold out will lessen the tag price.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would max out at 10 but if 11 got it done I would do it. Robbie is a WR that never took over a game. He would have good games but never that great game where he wold draw double or even triple coverage. 

I agree. Robby is not a player you build around, he is a player you build with. If we land a good WR in rd.2 or in rd. 1 in a trade down scenario, our WR Corp would be set for a while. Of course this is all useless without getting major OL help. 

I'm just posing this question cause I'm personally not sure how i feel....

If Isiah Simmons (somehow) fell to #11, would you be upset if the jets selected him?

I'm not sure where he'd play, but imagine Adams and Simmons on the same defense.... the versatility of both guys would make us one of the toughest defenses to prepare for since both guys could play almost anywhere.

Just a thought. Again, not sure how I feel about it, but I admit I'm intrigued.

9 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I'm just posing this question cause I'm personally not sure how i feel....

If Isiah Simmons (somehow) fell to #11, would you be upset if the jets selected him?

I'm not sure where he'd play, but imagine Adams and Simmons on the same defense.... the versatility of both guys would make us one of the toughest defenses to prepare for since both guys could play almost anywhere.

Just a thought. Again, not sure how I feel about it, but I admit I'm intrigued.

Not sure, too.

All I know is that JD likes Marcus Maye that much.  Who knows Gase and JD wants to have 4-3 defense now (citing the reason why JD didn't bother to mention Jenkins in his press for wanting to retain their own players).