2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I also think Gase might want to pull the trigger on moving up for a WR after seeing us miss out on Hardman last year, who he wanted to trade up for. Like I stated... I won’t be surprised one bit to see us go OT at 11 and then trade up for a WR that we really like.

Yeah... dismissal and hope not aren't interchangeable.

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Rob Havenstein is a name to keep an eye on in trades for us as well. Rams are in cap trouble and might look to move him. Maybe 1 of our 3rds

Oh God I hope we don't give up a round 3 pick for him. That is way to step. Trent Williams might be a 3 round pick. Give me Williams over him any day. Rob is more like a 6-7 pick range at best for me. 

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Oh God I hope we don't give up a round 3 pick for him. That is way to step. Trent Williams might be a 3 round pick. Give me Williams over him any day. Rob is more like a 6-7 pick range at best for me. 

He’s 27 and plays at a high level and has the versatility to play OG as well. Just an idea

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah... dismissal and hope not aren't interchangeable.

I'd be surprised if we traded up at all. Joe D prob wants to bring in as many of HIS guys as possible. Trading up would be counter intuitive to that. 

Edited by KodiakThunder
Typo

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Jason Peters to test FA.  umm. His below average is still better than Kelvin Beachum's average.

He's below average??  Here graded out at an 82 on pff last year.   That's basically an elite LT.  Not sure how long he can keep that up since he's old as dirt,  but he was much better than bellow average last year. 

18 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

He's below average??  Here graded out at an 82 on pff last year.   That's basically an elite LT.  Not sure how long he can keep that up since he's old as dirt,  but he was much better than bellow average last year. 

Who cares? The jets are several seasons away from truly contending. Even if Peter's is elite for 2 more seasons, it wont matter to us since we dont have the talent to really take advantage. 

We need youth. Jamal Adam's and darnold are our core guys. Why add a dinosaur to that core? 

38 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Who cares? The jets are several seasons away from truly contending. Even if Peter's is elite for 2 more seasons, it wont matter to us since we dont have the talent to really take advantage. 

We need youth. Jamal Adam's and darnold are our core guys. Why add a dinosaur to that core? 

Im not saying we should be interested in him,  just stating that he was still very good last year. 

2 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

You're overlooking the intangibles and leadership a guy like Peters would bring to the locker room - This isn't madden - Establishing the right culture is equally as important as adding youth. Peters is revered by his teammates, would instantly impact those around him and is still playing at a high level. I also disagree that we're several season away from contending (At least for the division), there's a legitimate chance Brady is gone next season and even if he comes back, with a strong offseason, there's no reason to believe we can't contend for the AFC East.  

• Like 1

Just now, NJC33 said:

You're overlooking the intangibles and leadership a guy like Peters would bring to the locker room - This isn't madden - Establishing the right culture is equally as important as adding youth. Peters is revered by his teammates, would instantly impact those around him and is still playing at a high level. I also disagree that we're several season away from contending (At least for the division), there's a legitimate chance Brady is gone next season and even if he comes back, with a strong offseason, there's no reason to believe we can't contend for the AFC East.  

We have guys with great intangibles already. We need to BUILD an offense. You dont start with an old OT that will need replacing within a yr or 2. Especially when we can grab a top tier OT in the draft. 

Peter's has 1 or 2 good years left. We can possible contend for a division title (everyone seems to forget we had one of the easiest schedules last year). But reality is, this team is in the bottom 3rd of the league in terms of pure talent. 

12 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

I think we need top talent (yes even vets) now. To make sure we make Darnold a franchise QB. Protect him and give him weapons now. If he proves to be GREAT over the next couple years... pay him then we can start not worrying about whats around him “as much”

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

We have guys with great intangibles already. We need to BUILD an offense. You dont start with an old OT that will need replacing within a yr or 2. Especially when we can grab a top tier OT in the draft. 

Peter's has 1 or 2 good years left. We can possible contend for a division title (everyone seems to forget we had one of the easiest schedules last year). But reality is, this team is in the bottom 3rd of the league in terms of pure talent. 

You can never have enough guys with great intangibles. He would help BUILD an offense for the now. I would rather get two years of good production than two years of a rotating door at that position. You need TWO OT. 

I've been outspoken on here in the past about how ridiculously easy our schedule was this past season, that doesn't change who we have to compete with in the division. I think there's a good chance Darnold is the best QB in the AFC East next season which gives us a fighting chance, especially if we have a good offseason.