2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Obviously not he same... but we traded for Clady back in 2016 and we thought we got a good OT when Brick retired. He was coming off an acl year and we only gave up a 5th for him and was 30 and had some pro bowl years right before his injury. Clady was a big fail with us.

Trent is better than Clady... but he will also be 3 years older Than Clady at the time. Trent couldn’t pass his physical remember bc the helmet and his injury to his head were an issue. He also has sat out a year (which isn’t good to be in “football” shape). I’m very weary of thinking getting Trent is a good move period. Never mind for valuable picks.

I mean, ACL injury is major. Trent sat out because the Redskins health staff couldn’t be trusted. They got a cancerous tumor wrong.

Trent has been consistently great until recent. Broncos were happy to deal Clady, Redskins are doing it reluctantly. 

I’m fine with trading a 3rd and maybe a later pick for 3 solid years. There’s a draft every year. We don’t have to go into this one trying to get an elite OLineman at every spot. It’s too difficult to do in one season. We can lock in 3 spots this offseason and 2 spots next offseason.

50 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Last time it was a “deep WR class”.

Good times. Lol. Shoutout to our last 2nd rd WRs Stephen Hill & Devin Smith too.

Couldn’t agree more. We wait in guys every year and they never work out. Look at our WR AND RB history... it’s awful

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

To be fair Powell and Enunwa were good for where we picked them. 

Powell I’ll give you. But Enunwa is quite overrated. In 6 seasons in his career he’s caught for 1600yds and 5 TDs. That puts him averaging 267yds a season and less then a TD a season. Hardly a good pick.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Powell I’ll give you. But Enunwa is quite overrated. In 6 seasons in his career he’s caught for 1600yds and 5 TDs. That puts him averaging 267yds a season and less then a TD a season. Hardly a good pick.

He was a 6th round pick. Injuries more than anything have been the issue.

15/16/18(only years he's actually played)

219 catches(73 per year)

1621 yards(540 per year)

I just think injuries and inconsistent QB play have been the issue.

Edited by KingOfTheDot
  • Like 1

Looks like the Leo Williams will hit the FA market LOL!!! He wants 15 mill a year and the Giants are not willing to go that high. So we end up with a 3rd and 5th instead of a 3d and 4th but I will take it. I think he is more of a 8-10 mill a year guy for me. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Looks like the Leo Williams will hit the FA market LOL!!! He wants 15 mill a year and the Giants are not willing to go that high. So we end up with a 3rd and 5th instead of a 3d and 4th but I will take it. I think he is more of a 8-10 mill a year guy for me. 

That would be cheaper than either tag.  Unless Giants are afraid that he would pull the QB card on tag signature, Giants should offer him a tag.   apx. 17m TT or 19m FT

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He was a 6th round pick. Injuries more than anything have been the issue.

15/16/18(only years he's actually played)

219 catches(73 per year)

1621 yards(540 per year)

I just think injuries and inconsistent QB play have been the issue.

When he is on the field, he is a good contributor. No question about it.

Edited by JetsandI

A Jets fan spent the last half hour telling me why we shouldn’t trade for Trent Williams, then turned around and ended the convo with “but we should trade for Alshon Jeffrey” ....can’t make this up. We deserve nothing 

16 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Sound like there is a good chance that new CBA will be passed.  

Of course it will. It benefits like 75% of the league. It’s just the guys who get paid a ton against it. Which is a very small portion of the players on rosters.

This all being said. He was expected to get cut along with several others. I hope we just get a vet to replace him who is more reliable than him like Jimmy Smith or someone along those lines. Not spend big on a Jones or Bradberry. Use that money on OL and edge

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Of course it will. It benefits like 75% of the league. It’s just the guys who get paid a ton against it. Which is a very small portion of the players on rosters.

This all being said. He was expected to get cut along with several others. I hope we just get a vet to replace him who is more reliable than him like Jimmy Smith or someone along those lines. Not spend big on a Jones or Bradberry. Use that money on OL and edge

Jones, Bradberry, Conklin, Thuney and a several more are considered as a first wave echelon. That is going to be tough to know that Jets will have a shot at signing two OLs at once. If all of OLs rather to play for other team than Jets then CB should become top priority before real FA period begins.

OL and CB are Jets' top priorities entering new league year. That is something we can't dispute.  It isn't like Jets pick CB over OL as top priority to sign for whether $$$ if Jets fail to sign OL during the first wave of FA.  Hell, 1 OL and 1 CB from that wave could be done.