2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

McShay has us taking Jeudy and DJ has us Taking CJ Henderson in their newest mock drafts.

It’s too early to overreact to their mocks. Come draft day, I’m willing to bet only 2 OL go in the top 10, with the 3rd coming off the board at 11.

5 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Am I the only one who can't see Edoga transitioning to G? 

I think the staff likes him as a whole. I think we will go after the best OLineman and than they can figure out where to put him after that. We sign Conklin and draft Becton than yes he moves inside more than likely. We sign Glasgow and Thuney, then odds are he plays OT. Depends LT or RT based on who we draft perhaps. We go WR at 11 (doubtful) than he more than likely is starting at OT for us.

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Don’t matter, can’t see JD giving up the assets to get him

Unrealistic sure, but maybe can attempt a trade for him for one of our 3rds and a player (they just traded bouye, maybe can pawn tru off on them)

Remember Clowney was only traded for bark mingo and a 3rd

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the staff likes him as a whole. I think we will go after the best OLineman and than they can figure out where to put him after that. We sign Conklin and draft Becton than yes he moves inside more than likely. We sign Glasgow and Thuney, then odds are he plays OT. Depends LT or RT based on who we draft perhaps. We go WR at 11 (doubtful) than he more than likely is starting at OT for us.

I get that, I just can't see him working out inside. His upside, IMO, exists because of his footwork and lateral movement which makes him an intriguing prospect at tackle. I haven't seen anything on tape that would suggest he has the power or strength to flourish inside. I think he'd get bullied by bigger IDL.

Free agency notes on the top OL available.... 

Joe Thuney: 

Cincinnati has picked up a lot of steam among the agent community because he's from Ohio (not far outside of CIN), his entire family and many friends are still located there, and word is the team is angling to do some major retooling along their OL in free agency. He's going to get paid no matter where he goes, so he needs to decide where he wants to settle more than anything... he's an extremely thoughtful and cultured guy. He comes from a family of scholars and he is one himself, so his decision won't be as simple as "money" or "winning"... He wants to be in the right situation, the right city, the right environment, where he can live out his life in addition to football. He likes to travel and has a lot of interests, but also values living somewhere that he can feel at home. Had been dating someone in Boston, but the relationship ended late last year, meaning one less strain on his decision, but he would like to return if the option is there. There was a report out that there were "20 teams" interested in him, but narrowing down the teams willing to make him the highest paid G in the league is more difficult. Mentioned the Bengals, and the expectation is the Browns will be in on him as well. There's plenty who think he'd welcome a return to North Carolina (went to NC State), and the Panthers are expected to be interested. We already know about Miami, and they will be in on him. One interesting Jets-related connection: Nick Mangold is from the same town and went to his high school (1998-2002) and naturally, was considered a legend by the time Thuney attended in 2007. Mangold's still an ambassador for the team, and it would only seem logical the Jets are hoping he can help recruit Joe Thuney and sell him on the benefits of being in NJ/NY. 

Graham Glasgow: 

The Jets are going to put a full court press on him. His personality is going to mesh with everyone within the Jets power-structure - he's one of those comical/jokester guys with a similar personality to Joe Douglas, but will come in, work hard, and earn everyone's respect. He and his wife just got married last week after having a very long engagement, so they are ready for a new city where they can build a new home. The only concern with him is that he's going to have a ton of suitors. He's from Illinois and both her and his wife have family in Chicago. The Bears have gotten an up close look at him over the years and have a need, so you worry that if the money is even he could lean in that direction. 

Jack Conklin: 

He wants to return to TEN, but it's just not practical. He's expected to land a crazy deal - something around $18-20 million per year - so all bets are kind of off. Continue to hear the Vikings may pull something out of their *** and make a move, which would mean Riley Reiff would come available and O'Neill would shift to the left. Won't rule out the Jets just yet, but I don't get the sense the Jets are willing to spend that kind of money on him.  

Andrus Peat: 

Watch for the Chargers or Rams. 

CB Byron Jones is reportedly landing with either the Jets, Giants, Eagles, or Raiders. Looking at a contract for $18 million per year and $60 million fully guaranteed. 

I think the Eagles come away with him.

Edited by jetskid007

29 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

CB Byron Jones is reportedly landing with either the Jets, Giants, Eagles, or Raiders. Looking at a contract for $18 million per year and $60 million fully guaranteed. 

I'd be upset if we were the high bidder on him. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

How pissed I’d be to see us open up the wallet for him and not Conklin would make me irate.