2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

18 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

If we sign Conklin, expect the jets to go WR with #11. 

If Jeudy falls to the jets at #11, they'll run to the podium. If not, expect us to trade down a few spots for Lamb or Riggs. 

The only OT's the jets would take at #11 (if we sign conklin) would be becton or wirfs.... and after their combined I'd expect both to be gone by #11. 

Just Conklin?   I think I stick with Thomas here.

I think if you see the Jets sign Conklin and go OT at 11 that shows that they see Edoga as a OG. I know they want versatility... but a guy like Glasgow isn’t a top notch FA bc he moved positions so much. I prefer to keep a guy somewhere and let him master that position.

We could also move that rookie inside to OG and put Edoga at OT, but I think the rookie will be better than Edoga. In all honesty what would be ideal is to land Conklin, Glasgow and Vaitai in FA (Vaitai shouldn’t break the bank). And then resign Lewis. Making it to where we can go WR at 11 with an OL of...

LT: Conklin

LG: Lewis

C: Glasgow

RG: Edoga/Winters

RT: Vaitai

Then maybe grab a guy like Niang or someone like that at 48 to develop and challenge Edoga and/or Vaitai.

10 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Joe Doulgas needs to come up and denies the Conklin rumors just in case tampering crap is called for.  There are more passing around articles on internet about Conklin going to Jets. 

As long as he doesn’t say Conklin’s Name he’s fine

56 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

As long as he doesn’t say Conklin’s Name he’s fine

You have to ask yourself that what makes Conklin going to Jets.  It leaves media circus and NFL wonder how did it happen.  Contact, talk in morse code, etc are violating anti tampering policy.   JD being shut up does not end that speculation.  JD denying the story will make it one sided story (agent/player).

59 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Edoga isn’t the type of Tackle that fits Douglas prototype. He’s small and weak. 

Too early to know.   Both Gase and Douglas like him because of his untapped potential.  What if Edoga showed up at 315-320 in late March or April?

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

You have to ask yourself that what makes Conklin going to Jets.  It leaves media circus and NFL wonder how did it happen.  Contact, talk in morse code, etc are violating anti tampering policy.   JD being shut up does not end that speculation.  JD denying the story will make it one sided story (agent/player).

1. Douglas won’t be in front of a microphone again for a while

2. Conklin wants big money and it’s clear, we have the need at Tackle, the money to spend and a front office who’s emphasizing those upgrades. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

1. Douglas won’t be in front of a microphone again for a while

2. Conklin wants big money and it’s clear, we have the need at Tackle, the money to spend and a front office who’s emphasizing those upgrades. 

It is clear that Jets aren't only team that wants Conklin badly.   Browns, Giants, Buccaneers and maybe Chargers.

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

More like just proving how big of a fraud PFT is. Jets are going to go hard for Thuney/Glasgow. 

I think it is from the same source but it said that Jets need to find a way to pay Thuney right.  Sound like 90-95 pct gtd in a short contract.