2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

15 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I'm just posing this question cause I'm personally not sure how i feel....

If Isiah Simmons (somehow) fell to #11, would you be upset if the jets selected him?

I'm not sure where he'd play, but imagine Adams and Simmons on the same defense.... the versatility of both guys would make us one of the toughest defenses to prepare for since both guys could play almost anywhere.

Just a thought. Again, not sure how I feel about it, but I admit I'm intrigued.

👎

3 hours ago, DowNY said:

Word is, Robby might be a casualty of a deep WR class and won’t get the price he’s looking for.

If that means he’s hovering around the $11M per range, you guys cool with keeping him?

At that price. Yes I’d keep him

25 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I'm just posing this question cause I'm personally not sure how i feel....

If Isiah Simmons (somehow) fell to #11, would you be upset if the jets selected him?

I'm not sure where he'd play, but imagine Adams and Simmons on the same defense.... the versatility of both guys would make us one of the toughest defenses to prepare for since both guys could play almost anywhere.

Just a thought. Again, not sure how I feel about it, but I admit I'm intrigued.

He looks amazing but in order to consider him we'd have to:

1. Have a great FA haul addressing the OL/WR. 
  2. View him as an OLB/MLB type player
    1. Flip Avery for OL/WR help
  3. Resign Robby
  4. Not resign Jenkins, which would make him a much larger need. 

Adams, Simmons, and Moseley would be INSANE with the amount of disguises we could throw at an opposing offense. 

Seems like a pipe dream given JD's stance on assisting Sammy (which I totally agree with) but I would be extremely excited to see what the defense could do. 

I live outside Philly and there was some interesting rumor discussion on sports radio today involving the Jets. 

Apparently the Eagles might resign Jason Peters and Vaitai making last years #1 pick Andre Dillard available. Eagles like the thought of a veteran OL and adding youth at WR. They really want to trade up for Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs. 

Given Joe Douglas’ connection to Philly, the Jets at 11 are obviously at the top of the list for a trade partner.  They were throwing out 21, Dillard and a late 3rd ( they have a comp pick) for 11. 

Would Dillard , someone like Tee Higgins at 21 and another 3rd rounder be enough to give up 11?  Depending on FA, I would be tempted. Dillard showed potential filling in at LT last year but is older for a second year player (turns 26 during the season). We could possibly fill two big holes and still have 8 more picks to work on our depth. 

Of course again a lot depends on Free Agency and whose available at 11 if we wait to deal on draft day.

Thoughts??

Edited by JohnnyHectorFan

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I live outside Philly and there was some interesting rumor discussion on sports radio today involving the Jets. 

Apparently the Eagles might resign Jason Peters and Vaitai making last years #1 pick Andre Dillard available. Eagles like the thought of a veteran OL and adding youth at WR. They really want to trade up for Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs. 

Given Joe Douglas’ connection to Philly, the Jets at 11 are obviously at the top of the list for a trade partner.  They were throwing out 21, Dillard and a late 3rd ( they have a comp pick) for 11. 

Would Dillard , someone like Tee Higgins at 21 and another 3rd rounder be enough to give up 11?  Depending on FA, I would be tempted. Dillard showed potential filling in at LT last year but is older for a second year player (turns 26 during the season). We could possibly fill two big holes and still have 8 more picks to work on our depth. 

Of course again a lot depends on Free Agency and whose available at 11 if we wait to deal on draft day.

Thoughts??

No way they trade Dillard. People just making stuff up.

So reports are Jags will franchise Ngakoue, Steelers will franchise Dupree and Skins will franchise Scherff

So even if say the Jags will trade him on the tag, the price of draft compensation will prob be too much for us, so take these 3 off the list

Edited by Abe56

3 hours ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Thoughts??

It is a possibility if Eagles manage to retain Big V and Peters back.  Eagles have a ton of mid round picks as they can easily find another Big V with one of those picks.

Problem is that JD emphasized that versatility is upmost key to upgrade OL and Eagles hadn't sold that Dillard is versatile enough to play any position other than LT.  I don't know what is going on with Dillard in Philly. 

Keep eyes peeled but don't get high hope.  

7 hours ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Thoughts??

He'll actually be 25 in October.   Which is still on the older side for Hmong into his 2nd year.   I'd at least consider it,  but unless JD really likes Dillard I'd probably pass. 

7 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

McShay has us taking Jeudy and DJ has us Taking CJ Henderson in their newest mock drafts.

With all the WR/OL talk Henderson would be such a let down.. Not that it isnt a need, it's just something we should address else where. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sapo28 said:

With all the WR/OL talk Henderson would be such a let down.. Not that it isnt a need, it's just something we should address else where. 

Yeah he would definitely help us but I would be upset if we took him over one of the OTs or WRs

Henderson won't be a Jet.  Guaranteed. 

Anyway, Jets may shy away from any high priced OL so that way Jets won't limit versatility from unknown OL and Edoga.  I can see Jets offer low-mid level starter contract for Vaitai and/or Boehm.  

Vaitai, Edoga, Boehm and Winters will be guaranteed starting job but not locked in one spot. That will allow Frank Pollack moving around OL to make sense to Darnold and Bell.

Vaitai - all T and G spots.

Edoga - same as Big V.

Winters - either G spots and maybe C.

Boehm - all IOL spots.

Remember, it is not about All Pro or fan's fave. It is all about to give Darnold and Bell some good chance to carry the team.