2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

Just now, Bobby816 said:

That a boy Bell use that MSU connection to attract him.

He's not going to sign with us. Jets aren't going to pay him the $18 million per year he's seeking. 

Going for Thuney and Glasgow. May not even end up with Thuney, but the idea is that Glasgow will fill at least one of the spots regardless (LG or C). It's plausible that we only come away with Glasgow as the prime free agent OL, with Robby/Pool getting re-signed and a big contract at corner/edge and someone like Vaitai to come in as competition/safety net at LT/RT

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

He's not going to sign with us. Jets aren't going to pay him the $18 million per year he's seeking. 

Going for Thuney and Glasgow. May not even end up with Thuney, but the idea is that Glasgow will fill at least one of the spots regardless (LG or C). It's plausible that we only come away with Glasgow as the prime free agent OL, with Robby/Pool getting re-signed and a big contract at corner/edge and someone like Vaitai to come in as competition/safety net at LT/RT

That would be a pretty bad FA period if you ask me. Overpay Robby bc we won’t overpay Conklin or Thuney who actually deserve it

• Like 1

Just a question but why is paying Robby 13-15 mill considered an over pay when most of the wide outs that we compare him to signed for that a few years back and reset the market and are looking for new deals?

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That would be a pretty bad FA period if you ask me. Overpay Robby bc we won’t overpay Conklin or Thuney who actually deserve it

We're willing to pay Thuney. Problem is we're not the only one who is willing to pay him. Word is there will be at least 4 teams that offer him a 4 year, $65-ish million contract, including us. He's ultimately making a decision where he wants to be because the money is going to be there. 

Word is our free agency plans are centered around Thuney/Glasgow, but Vaitai, McGovern, and Haeg are squarely in the mix as well as Alex Lewis. 

The plan is clear: address LG/C in free agency, add some depth, and draft a tackle

6 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Just a question but why is paying Robby 13-15 mill considered an over pay when most of the wide outs that we compare him to signed for that a few years back and reset the market and are looking for new deals?

After seeing the CBA numbers, I'm all for signing him to a deal paying him $14 million per. The cap is expected to raise by $40 million next year. That's insane. He'd probably get $20 million per year had he become a free agent next year. Need to consciously improve the WR group as a hole, but we can do a lot worse than bringing back Robby as the X. Go get Aiyuk/Hamler + another receiver in the middle of the draft, a healthy Herndon, and an improved offensive line, and another year of development for Sam... 

Image result for happy meme

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

We're willing to pay Thuney. Problem is we're not the only one who is willing to pay him. Word is there will be at least 4 teams that offer him a 4 year, $65-ish million contract, including us. He's ultimately making a decision where he wants to be because the money is going to be there. 

Word is our free agency plans are centered around Thuney/Glasgow, but Vaitai, McGovern, and Haeg are squarely in the mix as well as Alex Lewis. 

The plan is clear: address LG/C in free agency, add some depth, and draft a tackle

Yeah... not easy to beat "better" teams to get top target.

IOL is important to Gase big time. Last year proved it but they were on wrong side of age and health.  This time, JD should give Gase right players to beef up IOL. I have confidence that it will be a success.   Never mind missing out marquee players.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

Jets are gonna have like 70 million in cap space

they’re will be be high priced free agents coming here

Not to mention we have a ton of money in 2021 when dead money comes off.

Bell knows what a dominant run blocker can do for his game

Look at how bad our linemen rated.

Edited by NYJets4716

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Just Conklin?   I think I stick with Thomas here.

I think we use our 2nd on an interior OL. But considering what we have at WR, we would actually get more immediate value from a WR at #11 than a OT since Edoga is young and would be displaced. 

Jeudy is also a better all around prospect than Thomas is. All this hinges on the Jets signing Conklin though