2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I think all of the big 4 OTs can play OT at the next level. I dont think thats an issue.

We think but we don't coach them.

This blog think Chuma Edoga can be our LT. 

https://thejetpress.com/2019/10/18/new-york-jets-chuma-edoga-can-long-term-answer-lt/

Yet, we are still talking about getting new LT using 1st round selection.

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Passing along chatter from my friend who works at CAA. Apparently Conklin wants to be a LT.

edit: wants to be paid like a LT*

i think he can play on the left or right, personqllt

Do Jets have problem with money for wrong position or something like that?   

19 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Do Jets have problem with money for wrong position or something like that?   

He can play LT. Left side had always been his natural side and there's no lack of athleticism. With the way the NFL is going, he'll likely be signed by a tackle-needy team while keeping open the possibility of him playing left or right. If you make this guy one of the highest paid T's in the league and you have needs on both sides, you owe it to yourself to at least consider him on the left (as the Raiders did with Brown). 

Personally I prefer him out of the trio of top OL. Plays the more important position. I'm a big believer of the Jets acquiring as much OL talent as possible this offseason and figure out where to play them in training camp. It's a good problem to have if Edoga is your swing and you have two first round picks playing OT (assuming #11 was a tackle and Conklin were signed). Essentially you can enter training camp with 4 spots locked up and a competition between Edoga, Lewis, and another draft pick for the final spot. No need to carry more than 8 lineman. 

• Conklin: LT or RT 
  • Glasgow: LG or C 
  • Winters: RG 
  • 1st round: LT, RT, or LG
  • Edoga: LT, RT, LG or reserve 
  • Lewis: LG or reserve 
  • 3rd-6th round: LG, C or reserve 
  • Harrison: reserve G/C

34 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

He can play LT. Left side had always been his natural side and there's no lack of athleticism. With the way the NFL is going, he'll likely be signed by a tackle-needy team while keeping open the possibility of him playing left or right. If you make this guy one of the highest paid T's in the league and you have needs on both sides, you owe it to yourself to at least consider him on the left (as the Raiders did with Brown). 

Personally I prefer him out of the trio of top OL. Plays the more important position. I'm a big believer of the Jets acquiring as much OL talent as possible this offseason and figure out where to play them in training camp. It's a good problem to have if Edoga is your swing and you have two first round picks playing OT (assuming #11 was a tackle and Conklin were signed). Essentially you can enter training camp with 4 spots locked up and a competition between Edoga, Lewis, and another draft pick for the final spot. No need to carry more than 8 lineman. 

• Conklin: LT or RT 
  • Glasgow: LG or C 
  • Winters: RG 
  • 1st round: LT, RT, or LG
  • Edoga: LT, RT, LG or reserve 
  • Lewis: LG or reserve 
  • 3rd-6th round: LG, C or reserve 
  • Harrison: reserve G/C

Courteously yeah.

PFT said that one team believes that Jack Conklin plans to sign with the Jets. 

If we can land Conklin, that would be an awesome start to the offseason. Hes young and would be a massive upgrade, especially a dominant run blocker that will help Bell a lot. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

PFT said that one team believes that Jack Conklin plans to sign with the Jets. 

If we can land Conklin, that would be an awesome start to the offseason. Hes young and would be a massive upgrade, especially a dominant run blocker that will help Bell a lot. 

Read this too. Says several teams are being informed he will be a Jet.

And that would make me a very happy man. Get Glasgow and my OL dream FA is true

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Andrew Thomas and Jack Conklin at T.   Playoff bound already.

If we sign Conklin, expect the jets to go WR with #11. 

If Jeudy falls to the jets at #11, they'll run to the podium. If not, expect us to trade down a few spots for Lamb or Riggs. 

The only OT's the jets would take at #11 (if we sign conklin) would be becton or wirfs.... and after their combined I'd expect both to be gone by #11. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Read this too. Says several teams are being informed he will be a Jet.

And that would make me a very happy man. Get Glasgow and my OL dream FA is true

That would be one heck of a start to the off season.