2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jones, Bradberry, Conklin, Thuney and a several more are considered as a first wave echelon. That is going to be tough to know that Jets will have a shot at signing two OLs at once. If all of OLs rather to play for other team than Jets then CB should become top priority before real FA period begins.

OL and CB are Jets' top priorities entering new league year. That is something we can't dispute.  It isn't like Jets pick CB over OL as top priority to sign for whether $$$ if Jets fail to sign OL during the first wave of FA.  Hell, 1 OL and 1 CB from that wave could be done.

If I’m the JD I go hard day 1 for Conklin, Thuney, Glasgow, Fowler Jr and Cooper (if he hits FA). And have the 2nd wave be the McGovern, Beasley, Jimmy Smith type guys. And then find guys to fill out the roster.

Hopefully we can land at least 2-3 of these guys day 1 and 2.

I caught myself looking at the 2021 cap figures for the Jets. After this year Crowder and Enunwa have very cut-able contracts. Cutting Crowder would save us $10M and Enunwa would save us $6M. I feel like cutting those guys next year and drafting a few WRs this year would be a feasible way to justify resigning Robby.  I know people have been mocking Enunwa getting cut this year but we'd see alot less dead money if the Trumaine Johnson rumors are true. 

Robby >>> Crowder + Enunwa

4 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

I caught myself looking at the 2021 cap figures for the Jets. After this year Crowder and Enunwa have very cut-able contracts. Cutting Crowder would save us $10M and Enunwa would save us $6M. I feel like cutting those guys next year and drafting a few WRs this year would be a feasible way to justify resigning Robby.  I know people have been mocking Enunwa getting cut this year but we'd see alot less dead money if the Trumaine Johnson rumors are true. 

Robby >>> Crowder + Enunwa

I could not disagree more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I could not disagree more. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Crowder I just think slot guys can be one of the more replaceable positions in the mid rounds of the draft. Where a viable deep threat is a more rarefied position in the league.   

45 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Crowder I just think slot guys can be one of the more replaceable positions in the mid rounds of the draft. Where a viable deep threat is a more rarefied position in the league.   

There are always many WRs that can do deep threat job annually.  Good, okay and bad.

Anderson just worked on extending his route tree under Gase but that was only one season and he is asking for top money.  Jets should not meet his demand to see if he can actually extend his route tree for Jets.  It is just a bad timing between Anderson and Jets' new regime.  Presumably, he can't do any more than deep runs, you can easily find a replacement for that role.

Surely, there is plenty players that can fit slot role but Crowder is Gase' guy. He has done nothing that warrants Jets to cut him loose. Heck, Jets could extend his contract by lowering his 2021's salary cap for Anderson if retained.  Crowder is the last last last thing to worry about financially.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

There are always many WRs that can do deep threat job annually.  Good, okay and bad.

Anderson just worked on extending his route tree under Gase but that was only one season and he is asking for top money.  Jets should not meet his demand to see if he can actually extend his route tree for Jets.  It is just a bad timing between Anderson and Jets' new regime.  Presumably, he can't do any more than deep runs, you can easily find a replacement for that role.

Surely, there is plenty players that can fit slot role but Crowder is Gase' guy. He has done nothing that warrants Jets to cut him loose. Heck, Jets could extend his contract by lowering his 2021's salary cap for Anderson if retained.  Crowder is the last last last thing to worry about financially.

Crowder has to stay and Q and Robby should go. “IF” JD is smart.

Crowder was our best overall WR. 

Anderson is a good deep threat,  but I dont think we ever see a dominant wr from him.

If he resigns I still hope we draft a wr, cause I see Anderson nothing more than a #2 who disappears often.

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

Not in Gase’s offense. The slot is very important. Crowder is smart, runs great routes and can read coverages. Rookies don’t typically come in being able to do that and the last thing you need on 3rd down and indecisiveness from your primary read. 

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Not in Gase’s offense. The slot is very important. Crowder is smart, runs great routes and can read coverages. Rookies don’t typically come in being able to do that and the last thing you need on 3rd down and indecisiveness from your primary read. 

Jerry Jeudy says what’s up 😉 

• Like 2

2 names that JD could take a shot on on the line are OT Daryl Williams. He’s still young and was a pro bowler just a few years ago. Carolina moves him around the whole line last year which made him grade out bad. Not saying he will be great again. But could be worth a shot.

The other name is Ereck Glowers at OG. Guy really turned his career around when he moved to G last year. He played very well and is also still young. Might be something to build off of

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

2 names that JD could take a shot on on the line are OT Daryl Williams. He’s still young and was a pro bowler just a few years ago. Carolina moves him around the whole line last year which made him grade out bad. Not saying he will be great again. But could be worth a shot.

The other name is Ereck Glowers at OG. Guy really turned his career around when he moved to G last year. He played very well and is also still young. Might be something to build off of

I wanted us to take a shot on Williams last year, how'd he end up playing?

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Flowers goes back to WAS, but if he makes it to the open market I’d be all for it. He has more upside than Lewis, that’s for sure. 

• Like 1