Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Because prequels are ****ing stupid.  No matter what the heroes accomplish in any prequel series, we know it will all be undone by Palpatine. 

That's why prequels are utterly pointless and stupid.  There are zero stakes. 

Yet we still don't know this current timeline's origins of the first Force users, nor do we know when the schism between the Dark and Light happens, or if the Sith were a large organization like the Jedi Order, or if they always started as the Rule of Two.  

Plenty of stuff for them to explore without involving Frank yet.  

• Like 1

they should have used time travel for the last star wars movie.

brought back Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Obi Wan, young Han, Boba Fett, Yoda, and CGI young Carrie Fisher

And there could be a giant epic battle

Edited by Malfatron

Third time watching The Last Jedi and it’s only better.  I went in specifically trying to get in the mindset of hating it so I could hope for a sequel trilogy redo and I could not hate it.

Canto scenes were pointless and uninspired, but Del Toro’s character was good.  

Leia’s force scene was bad.

That’s it.  Those are the only two aspects I can hate.

The reason people hate it so much is because it was not what they WANTED or EXPECTED.

Johnson tried to uproot and change the franchise so it wasn’t a cardboard cutout of every other thing Star Wars and y’all hated him for it.

This should have been the way forward.

Rey and Ren should have destroyed the Jedi.  They should have destroyed the Sith.  They should have made something new in the middle.

The Jedi are too restrictive.  The Sith are too compulsive.  

The Last Jedi was Star Wars at its most Libertarian and you all shot it down and I hate you for it.  Star Wars, as proven by The Mandalorian, is not Jedi/Sith.  There is so much more.  It could have been so much more.  You all killed it.  

• Like 2

Stopped Rise of Skywalker about an hour into it.  I just couldn’t take it anymore.  Oh my God, I couldn’t take it anymore.

Because I had to poop.  Ate two cheeseburgers and two hot dogs earlier with a couple pickles and it caught up to me.

Enjoying every minute of the movie so far. Some fans are literally nerds who cannot handle things not going their way.  

• Like 1

Rise of Skywalker had faults, but it was not a bad Star Wars movie.  Ranking all of the canon Star Wars film and television would be something like:

Solo

Revenge of the Jedi.

Attack of the Clones.

The Phantom Menace

Star Wars: Rebels

The Clone Wars

Rogue One

Rise of Skywalker

The Force Awakens

The Mandalorian

The Last Jedi

Return of the Jedi

A New Hope

Empire Strikes Back

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Rise of Skywalker had faults, but it was not a bad Star Wars movie.  Ranking all of the canon Star Wars film and television would be something like:

Solo

Revenge of the Jedi.

Attack of the Clones.

The Phantom Menace

Star Wars: Rebels

The Clone Wars

Rogue One

Rise of Skywalker

The Force Awakens

The Mandalorian

The Last Jedi

Return of the Jedi

A New Hope

Empire Strikes Back

thats the worst list i have ever seen

My list (with best being at the top like a sane person)

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. A New Hope
  3. Return of the Jedi (still my favorite, the first movie I ever saw in theaters, the nostalgia is strong with this one)
  4. Revenge of the Sith
  5. Clone Wars
  6. Rebels
  7. The Mandalorian
  8. The Force Awakens
  9. The Last Jedi
  10. Rogue One
  11. Solo
  12. Rise of Skywalker
  13. The Phantom Menace
  14. Attack of the Clones

Only Attack of the Clones do I really have any issues rewatching.  So much botched with this one.

Hmmm I'd have to go

1. Empire

2. A New Hope

3. The Madalorian

4. The Last Jedi

5. Return of the Jedi

6. Rogue One

7. The Force Awakens

8. Rebels

9. Clone Wars

10. Revenge of the Sith

11. Rise of Skywalker

12. Solo

13. Attack of the clones

14. Phantom Menace 

This is what I posted in the other thread. I've since watched "The Mandalorian", so I inserted that accordingly. Still need to finish "Clone Wars" and watch "Rebels".

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. Return of the Jedi

4. Rogue One

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. The Last Jedi

7. "The Mandalorian"

8. The Force Awakens

9. The Phantom Menace

10. The Rise of Skywalker

11. Attack of the Clones

12. Solo

The OT trilogy is king.

Individually the sequel trilogy movies are better than the prequels, but I just rewatched everything before seeing RoS, and the prequel trilogy is a better watch from start to finish for me. The sequel trilogy is way too incoherent. The Last Jedi would be higher, but Rose/Canto Bight and RoS drop it a lot.

Rogue One is up and down, but the last hour is the best hour of any movie so that vaults it up for me. Solo is pure meh. I have no desire to ever watch it again.

18 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Third time watching The Last Jedi and it’s only better.  I went in specifically trying to get in the mindset of hating it so I could hope for a sequel trilogy redo and I could not hate it.

Canto scenes were pointless and uninspired, but Del Toro’s character was good.  

Leia’s force scene was bad.

That’s it.  Those are the only two aspects I can hate.

The reason people hate it so much is because it was not what they WANTED or EXPECTED.

Johnson tried to uproot and change the franchise so it wasn’t a cardboard cutout of every other thing Star Wars and y’all hated him for it.

This should have been the way forward.

Rey and Ren should have destroyed the Jedi.  They should have destroyed the Sith.  They should have made something new in the middle.

The Jedi are too restrictive.  The Sith are too compulsive.  

The Last Jedi was Star Wars at its most Libertarian and you all shot it down and I hate you for it.  Star Wars, as proven by The Mandalorian, is not Jedi/Sith.  There is so much more.  It could have been so much more.  You all killed it.  

Not speaking to the response when it actually came out, but the reason I dislike TLJ now is mostly because they reversed and recanted a bunch of that movie in Rise of Skywalker. It is a really well made movie, the sequel trilogy is just missing a solid overall story line. 

Totally agree with the bolded. In hindsight, I actually like Luke becoming a recluse because he is taking what Yoda did but for different reasons - Yoda went into hiding to save the Jedi, and Luke goes into hiding to kill it, because he sees how flawed they are.

I felt the same way you did when I saw Ep9 the first time, it was an entertaining movie. But I just don't love what they did with the story. It was like 2 movies in one, trying to make up for TLJ

Just now, seminoles1 said:

This is what I posted in the other thread. I've since watched "The Mandalorian", so I inserted that accordingly. Still need to finish "Clone Wars" and watch "Rebels".

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. Return of the Jedi

4. Rogue One

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. The Last Jedi

7. "The Mandalorian"

8. The Force Awakens

9. The Phantom Menace

10. The Rise of Skywalker

11. Attack of the Clones

12. Solo

The OT trilogy is king.

Individually the sequel trilogy movies are better than the prequels, but I just rewatched everything before seeing RoS, and the prequel trilogy is a better watch from start to finish for me. The sequel trilogy is way too incoherent. The Last Jedi would be higher, but Rose/Canto Bight and RoS drop it a lot.

Rogue One is up and down, but the last hour is the best hour of any movie so that vaults it up for me. Solo is pure meh. I have no desire to ever watch it again.

This is pretty close to mine. Almost identical tbh. I would probably re-arrange the last 4 a bit, and I still have not seen Solo. Phantom Menace and Clones are safely in my bottom 2 until I see Solo

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Solo is a lot of fun, you just need to go into it with no expectations.

I've heard this a lot. I'm glad I didn't see it in theatres because I'm sure I would have hated it at the time, and also that I contributed to its horrible box office and making Disney reconsider what a lot of Star Wars fans actually want - NEW content

Edited by JBURGE