Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

Thrawn is still one of the best things about the Star Wars universe.  The new trilogy's first novel Chaos Rising released a few weeks ago and I just finished it up.  It is a prequel (that also ties in with the second book of the previous trilogy of books) and it is said that this trilogy will detail how Thrawn is expelled from the Chiss Ascendency, as well as begins working for Palpatine and the Empire.  While I really wanted to go forward and explore more about the Grysks and Pellaeon finally joining up with Thrawn, it is a good idea to go back and cover this part of Thrawn's backstory for the new continuity as well. 

• 2 months later...

Here's a list of all the revealed projects: HERE

Untitled Taika Waititi Film

A brand-new Star Wars feature with acclaimed filmmaker and Academy Award-winner Taika Waititi is in development. “Taika’s approach to Star Wars will be fresh, unexpected, and…unique,” said Kennedy. “His enormous talent and sense of humor will ensure that audiences are in for an unforgettable ride.”

Ahsoka

After making her long awaited live-action debut in The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano’s story, written by Dave Filoni, will continue in a limited series starring Rosario Dawson and executive produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau.

Rangers of the New Republic

Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, this new live-action series from executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni will intersect with future stories and culminate into a climactic story event.

These are my top three that I'm looking forward to. I trust Waititi to do well. I love that Ahsoka is a limited series. I also imagine Rangers of the New Republic will be similar to Avengers with a team up of sorts.