Guess who will be the head coaches

brownie man

Browns - Kevin Stefanski: He fits the analytical culture and runs an offense that would suit Baker and our running game  

Giants - Eric Bienamy: Will build an offense that will fit their playmakers and won’t stop Gettleman from being GM  

Panthers - Greg Roman : Experienced and runs an offense that fits Caff. I think they prepare to run an offense that could fit Cam and my guess who they draft which is Justin Herbert  

Cowboys - Lincoln Riley: High profile college coach. Jerry will want to make a splash

55 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

What about Urban Meyer?  

I thought about Urban to Dallas, but I think they’re waiting on the right timing and Riley is the guy. Apparently they’re just going to wait until Garrett’s contract is up instead of firing him which makes sense if you already know who your HC is going to be 

Browns - Mike McCarthy (I won't be surprised by McDaniels, but for the moment I'm hedging on the Elliott Wolf/McCarthy pairing as GM/HC)

Giants - Eric Bienemy (I do feel like this hire may be dependent on who Bienemy presents as to flesh out the rest of his staff in interviews.  I consider Robert Saleh to be a low-key dark horse for this position because he has a lot of traits that it appears Gettleman prizes, not to mention defensive head coaches have a stronger history of being amenable to taking on existing starting QB's versus stressing wanting their own guy.)

Panthers - Greg Roman (It's not who I'd pick for the Panthers, because I feel like this could be a really, really great fit for Kevin Stefanski, barring someone more prominent from the Shanahan tree being available; but I feel like there's a like there will be an effort made to focus the onus of the offense of running through McCaffrey in every opportunity possible.  Ultimately, I think, unless they do hire Stefanski, they're probably one-hire-away even after this appointment.)

Cowboys - Norv Turner (Yes... I'm serious.  I think Riley and Urban both end up being vapors - or turning down the opportunity to interview - and Jerry gets left scrambling for a backup plan and going back to the Silver Age/Jimmy Johnson well, focusing on someone with prior HC experience who can maximize Dak and Zeke.  And oddly, Norv isn't a terrible fit given they have the OL to handle his deficiencies.  Dark horse, though I'm not sure Jerry would get this creative, ought to be Dan Campbell.  There's also a part of me that wonders, if he misses on Riley and Urban, if Jerry makes a hard push - or wait-out - for Mike Zimmer.)

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I thought about Urban to Dallas, but I think they’re waiting on the right timing and Riley is the guy. Apparently they’re just going to wait until Garrett’s contract is up instead of firing him which makes sense if you already know who your HC is going to be 

Part of this is why I've questioned whether Zimmer might not be their guy, too.  He has a history with the franchise.  They can't talk to him currently because that would be tampering.  But Zimmer's also someone that's been rumored to be a possible firing if the Vikings make another early playoff exit; at the very least his contract only runs through 2020, so it could be a case where if the Vikings decide they want to protect Stefanski and promote him, we could see another coach traded for the first time since Gruden was traded to the Bucs.

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I just don't want stefanski to go to the browns

Tell me more about him 

I thought most Vikings fans like him, but then I saw others say bad things. 

Can you give me a general idea of what Vikings fans have thought about Stef to this point?

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Tell me more about him 

I thought most Vikings fans like him, but then I saw others say bad things. 

Can you give me a general idea of what Vikings fans have thought about Stef to this point?

Most do like him. Some think that he should replace Zimmer. He's been mostly good with a few questionable games although Kubiac has a decent influence. He seems like a smart coach and good teacher but I Don't know how he is as a leader. He's good with analytics and what not

I'd like to keep him on the Vikings for another year but if he does leave, I'd rather it be to a different team. No offense but I'd like him to succeed

4 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Most do like him. Some think that he should replace Zimmer. He's been mostly good with a few questionable games although Kubiac has a decent influence. He seems like a smart coach and good teacher but I Don't know how he is as a leader. He's good with analytics and what not

I'd like to keep him on the Vikings for another year but if he does leave, I'd rather it be to a different team. No offense but I'd like him to succeed

Well thats rude

• Like 1