Nic Cage BatShiii Crazy Mafia: GAME OVER. MAFIA (Pickle, Matts, Dome, Slappy) WIN! Blahman also WINS!

Malfatron

2 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

"Hey Josh, stop hopping on trains and think for yourself"

Good advice

Me: Votes slappy

Because you by your OWN logic, independent of anyone else, said that you thought Pickle was scum and then likely Matts in that order, and yet you deviated from YOUR OWN LIST.

Mwill: What you did is scummy, and I don't like it. Stop thinking for yourself.

No, think for yourself and go with your gut. You think/believe that Pickle is scum based upon results from confirmed Town Orca and meta reads/arguments laid out before that, and then you think Matts for legitimate meta analysis that I don't necessarily share, but I can understand why you'd go that route...and then you go with slappy because he's been quiet/has had early pop ins...he's your third read.

Good GOD

Joshstradaymus

A coupe of things here, generally speaking:

1. Self voting is inherently anti-town. It's either voting out of frustration in that you have no argument to counter with because you're scum/are going for the "feel bad for me and go elsewhere" angle

or

2. You're town, you're frustrated, and you're willing to want out of the game to the detriment of Town because you're frustrated.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

2. You're town, you're frustrated, and you're willing to want out of the game to the detriment of Town because you're frustrated.

It's this, because literally every single time I've opened my mouth in this game I've had to defend myself. Dome came right for me Day 1 and got an early train going on me for reasons I still don't know. Enough people bought into it to cause me to take a small step back (this game messes with me)

I don't want pity, I show up on enough peoples scum reads that it should be perfect okay to lynch me, I mean, after all I've not contributed a ton to this game other than being a voting number which I get called out for anyway.

No winning for me.

I'm sorry, I enjoy these games but I would be lying if I didn't say they were frustrating overall.

No excuse.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Next time I'd recommend tagging him then, unless you know/have looked to see if he's currently reading the thread.

I admittedly thought awhile ago I had somehow gotten myself convinced that tagging was not a good look. I don’t know where I got that idea from tbh

7 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

It's this, because literally every single time I've opened my mouth in this game I've had to defend myself. Dome came right for me Day 1 and got an early train going on me for reasons I still don't know. Enough people bought into it to cause me to take a small step back (this game messes with me)

I get that. That's the unfortunate nature of the way things are, and one of the frustrations of being a "newbie" is that it takes a lot of poking/prodding for people to buy into your meta/gameplay. That was essentially me the vast majority of 2018. I also took it personally to a degree early on and had to take a step back and look at it/reevaluate the patterns and reasons why.

7 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I don't want pity, I show up on enough peoples scum reads that it should be perfect okay to lynch me, I mean, after all I've not contributed a ton to this game other than being a voting number which I get called out for anyway.

No winning for me.

I'm sorry, I enjoy these games but I would be lying if I didn't say they were frustrating overall.

No excuse.

In all honesty, my goal is/was to help you, whether or not you are Town. I understand that the learning curve in these games is EXTREMELY steep and unforgiving. I'm trying to get you to look at the way it appears to everyone else/why you should go down your route on reads (and hence why I said it wasn't a good look to give your rationale and then deviate from it) and why you shouldn't vote for yourself (it's always Anti-Town unless you're really working an angle...which usually doesn't happen).

9 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I admittedly thought awhile ago I had somehow gotten myself convinced that tagging was not a good look. I don’t know where I got that idea from tbh

I think that "consistency" is the best help that I can tell you. Just be intentional and specific when you do it/why you do it, and stay that way. After all, you tagged me/mentioned me last page after I quoted you, and I didn't take that as a bad look, but now that you said it was not a good look, I begin to reevaluate and question whether or not you tagging me, based upon your own rationale/lack of consistency, makes you appear sketchy (I don't, just merely using an example).

Does that make sense?

• Like 1