Rank the Ohio State DB's

Mox

How would you rank the recent 1st round pick DB's from Ohio State as prospects coming out?

2020-Jeff Okudah (projected)

2018-Denzel Ward

2017-Marshon Lattimore

2017-Malik Hooker

2017-Gareon Conley

2016-Eli Apple

Edited by Bullet Club

#1: Okudah / Ward - Before this season I would have taken Ward pretty easily... besides prototype size I felt like he checked off every single box and to me he was the best CB they'd had in recent years. He was always extremely consistent, which is what you want in a CB. Okudah was lights out this season though. He's the complete package. Size, athleticism, very good tackler, scheme versatile, etc. He finally put it all together, where I felt like in past seasons he was living off of his name and recruiting ranking more than anything (although he played well in 2018 as a quasi-starter too; that defensive scheme did those DBs no favors). Those guys are / were no-doubter top 5 prospects
#2: Lattimore - we really only got to see one healthy season of Lattimore, but the talent was evident. 
#3: Hooker
#4: Conley - I actually liked Conley a lot and I've been surprised he hasn't been very good in the league. I felt like Lattimore flashed more on the field but Conley was the more consistent of the two. I thought he'd be a solid starter for a long time.
#5 Apple - Apple certainly wasn't bad, but he just never really stood to me either. I could see why his size and athleticism were intriguing to teams, but I was pretty shocked when he went in the top 10. Those other 5 DB on this list were elite or close to elite prospects IMO, and all deserving of their 1st round selections. Apple... thought he was more of a late 1st kind of guy.

FWIW, Arnette played just as well as Okudah this season and he was actually targeted less than him regularly. He absolutely played like a first rounder. I think he goes 2nd round at the end of the day, but he had a very good year and he's also got a complete game. Very good tackler and aggressive in the run game. 

Edited by BRANDON26841X
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

How would you rank the recent 1st round pick DB's from Ohio State as prospects coming out?

2020-Jeff Okudah (projected)

2018-Denzel Ward

2017-Marshon Lattimore

2017-Malik Hooker

2017-Gareon Conley

2016-Eli Apple

1. Lattimore
2. Ward
3. Okudah

4. Hooker

5. Wade
6. Conley
7. Apple

1- Lattimore/Okudah. Their abilities with their length makes them #1/2

3- Ward

4/5- Hooker/Wade. People forget that Hooker only started 1 year at OSU and was raw before that year...while granted he had a phenomenal season that year.

6- Apple always had the athleticism and showed flashes, but even at OSU most of us were cautious about how good he was, as he never showed consistency 

7-Conley was always the “other guy” to Latimore. Don’t get me wrong, he was solid, but he never had that elite athlete montra and then had some off the field stuff to go with it.

how I had/have them coming out....

1. Denzel Ward*

2. Jeffrey Okudah

3. Gareon Conley*

4. Malik Hooker**

5. Bradley Roby

6. Marshon Lattimore**

7. Kendall Sheffield*

8. Damon Arnette

9. Shaun Wade

10. Jerome Baker*

11. Von Bell

12. Eli Apple

13. Jordan Fuller

I'd put Okudah #1 but I think he might end up changing positions and need transition time.

I was low on Lattimore primarily because I thought he'd be injury prone.

Conley's let me down.

Interesting that Von Bell might be the best pro player of this group right now.

Edited by BrownLeader

8 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

coming out....

1. Denzel Ward*

2. Jeffrey Okudah

3. Gareon Conley*

4. Malik Hooker**

5. Bradley Roby

6. Marshon Lattimore**

7. Kendall Sheffield*

8. Damon Arnette

9. Shaun Wade

10. Jerome Baker*

11. Von Bell

12. Eli Apple

13. Jordan Fuller

I'd put Okudah #1 but I think he might end up changing positions and need transition time.

I was low on Lattimore primarily because I thought he'd be injury prone.

Conley's let me down.

Interesting that Von Bell might be the best pro player of this group right now.

All healthy 

GOAT- Malcom Jenkins

1.  Malik Hooker - Hes the best one of you take out all the injuries, but if take them into account I’d put him 4

2.  Marshal Lattimore

3.  Denzel Ward

4.  Jeffrey Okudah

5.  Gareon Conley

6.  Bradley Roby 

7.  Von Bell

8. Eli Apple

9.  Shaun Wade

10. Kendall Sheffield