Mike McCarthy hired as Head Coach for Cowboys

ACO

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

I put much of that offensive success on Aaron Rodgers. There is a reason why he was at odds with McCarthy during his tenure at GB.

According to multiple articles (and common knowledge) a lot of that had to do with Arod. 

Not only that it's been reported that he has to keep Moore among other coaches. 

Already shut down by Glazer. McCarthy gets to pick his own staff.

Dont get me wrong I'm glad we still have him, but it should have been a McCarthy decision. Not a Jerry and Stephen one. I get the feeling McCarthy is already being undermined and hes fine with it just because hes coaching again. 

Again, this is not the case according to Jay Glazer. 

So even if McCarthy is capable of taking us to the SB (which I'm not entirely convinced he is) he has Jerry as another obstacle to deal with. 

Not going here again with you, lol

If what was reported is true that he "had" to keep Moore on which they claim was "his call" that in effect leads me to believe he is another yes man.

So you believe one rumor that stated it would be a "positive" to keep Moore to claim he is a yes man over another rumor that he could chose his own staff?

What mental gymnastics. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

According to multiple articles (and common knowledge) a lot of that had to do with Arod. 

Already shut down by Glazer. McCarthy gets to pick his own staff.

Again, this is not the case according to Jay Glazer. 

Not going here again with you, lol

I would prefer to hear it from Jerry's mouth that he will stay out of it. Not from Glazer. Even then it would mean that much.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

So you believe one rumor that stated it would be a "positive" to keep Moore to claim he is a yes man over another rumor that he could chose his own staff?

What mental gymnastics. 

I'm saying the decision should be McCarthy's. 

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

what is said and what is true is two completly things.

Didnt McCarthy fire our WR coach from GB? I guess that will be the test, because he was one of the coaches Jerry allegedly/rumored wanted to retain. 

EDIT - Nope, I was wrong.

Edited by Matts4313

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Didnt McCarthy fire our WR coach from GB? I guess that will be the test, because he was one of the coaches Jerry allegedly/rumored wanted to retain. 

Was just wiki'ing. If you're talking about Lal it doesn't look like he ever coached in GB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

I like McDaniels more than others, but still gotta acknowledge the risk that comes with him.  

Stefanski is going to be the better hire IMO I love what I’ve read about him and seen from the Vikings offense.  So I’d prefer we hire him but I wouldn’t be mad at McDaniels either, for the sole fact I think he’s willing to blow it up to get the team he wants and quite frankly the Panthers may need to blow it up.  So if we fail with him, at least we’ll probably get a fresh start with a new coach rather than remaining mediocre.  

Honestly though it’s so hard to predict which coaches will work out and who won’t.  So as long as it’s one of those two, I think I will be content until I see the moves they make.  Do not want anyone else, the market seems bad past those two

Feels like a weak HC market right now. After Rivera & McCarthy, who is there? I'm not a McDaniels fan at all. And i know there's more to being a HC than your play calls, but Stefanski calling those outside pitches all day long yesterday was frustrating even as a neutral fan. Roman has been too up and down in his career for my liking.

Maybe Niners DC Robert Saleh would be a good choice? But only one team interviewed him. Or Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy? Pederson and Nagy have had some success as former Chiefs OC's. Outside of those two, idk who else i would like as a fan. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1