Is Drew Brees overrated?

rocky_rams

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

I have Rodgers at 11 and would take Rodgers over Brees. That has nothing to do with us vs them. I think Brees is a great QB who’s one of the most accurate but falls short during big games 

This comes to what's more important: peak vs longevity. Rodgers had a better peak but I think if I'm ranking them I'd go Brees. His longevity makes up for it to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

If they arent reckless or inebriated, sure they are. A superiorly engineered vehicle that has top of the line mechinal functionality, handling, safety features. Youd have to be a moron to not drive well in a mercedes or tesla.

Well then we drastically differ about how many morons we think are out there.

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

The debate has been how much does Payton have to do with Brees success.... Have you been paying attention to the last 5 pages?

More than most people think. The Chargers acquired Philip Rivers in 2004 for a reason. Drew Brees was unimpressive during the first three seasons of his career, and though he played better in 2004 and 2005, the consensus when he left the Chargers was that he was a good QB, but nobody special. Enter Sean Payton, guru of offense, and Brees became a star, much like Dan Fouts did after Don Coryell arrived. In fact, Brees is basically Fouts with a ring.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Career? Brees, obviously... But the question is how much of that had to do with Payton?

Brees had 3 mediocre years in San Diego, Then the Chargers drafted Rivers, then he had 1 GREAT year, then another nothing special year then he got hurt

5 years without Payton, 4 of them so/so then he had a major injury

Payton who got fired in NYG after Fassel had to take over playcalling duties, and then in Dallas wasn't making Bledsoe look any better. Lucky Romo was on the roster, and Bledsoe played bad enough for Parcells to bench him.

It's not like Payton is some genius above reproach. Brees has helped him as much as Payton has helped Brees.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Sean Payton elevates Drew Brees while Rodgers elevated Mccarthey led teams and offenses. The dynamic is much different.

I'd say it's just the opposite here.  Sean Payton is the longest-tenured head coach in the league other than Bill Belichick.  He has had the benefit of having a Hall of Fame quarterback and has only made it to one Super Bowl and he had to cheat to do that.