Is Drew Brees overrated?

rocky_rams

46 minutes ago, Jetzger said:

I would agree if r/nfl didn't exist.  That place is a dumpster fire right now.  

Right now? It always has been. One of the worst/least knowledgable places I've ever been. It's only starting to turn the corner because people are starting to realize that PFF is not the gospel.

8 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

3rd Page, 2nd to last post specifically is where the topic of Payton/Brees and how he changed since San Diego started... But thanks for coming

And that means WE have discussed Payton, and his influence? 

You don't understand that if we haven't discussed that (meaning YOU and I) then we...haven't discussed that? That's interesting. 

Curious--how overrated do you feel Brees is? 

28 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Does that mean something relevant to what we're talking about? Or the overall topic? Explain. 

Yeah, he wasnt that impressive at all as a Charger. His best seasons were like a lite Alex Smith season and his first 2 full years as starter in San Diego were flat out trash. Are you suggesting otherwise?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

And that means WE have discussed Payton, and his influence? 

You don't understand that if we haven't discussed that (meaning YOU and I) then we...haven't discussed that? That's interesting. 

Curious--how overrated do you feel Brees is? 

This is a group discussion numbnuts. My position on Brees is he was a mediocre QB in San Diego, who's play became elevated because he joined up with Sean Payton. He has a lot of passing stats because he plays for a pass heavy offensive Head Coach, but he has also benefited statistically from playing on teams with bad defenses where he was permitted to throw..... a lot

At the end of the day, he has 1 Superbowl in 19 seasons. 3 seasons with 13 wins, 4 with 11 wins and 8 seasons 8-8 or worse. Was never the best QB in his era and has Zero MVPs

Some people think he is Top 3, Top 5 and they are overrating him

He is somewhere beyond 10 but before 15. A lot of QB's would have thrown for a lot of yards in this offense and in this era

Edited by TheGame316

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Your better half has been playing in the soccer stadium for a clown college and you're bragging?

That has nothing to do with the Rams.

Maybe they can come to St Louis and play in the Edwards Jones dome? That way you have a team to cheer for?

8 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

That has nothing to do with the Rams.

Maybe they can come to St Louis and play in the Edwards Jones dome? That way you have a team to cheer for?

Your bragging about the stadium, but sure, if you want me to bag on the LA Colosseum, I can.

They wouldn't be welcomed back, but it turns out I've had a lot more fun rooting against the Rams than I ever did rooting for them. The highlight was the Super Bowl where the punter was your MVP and the "franchise QB" ate his own balls in front of the entire world; that was truly tremendous. But really, it's been a never-ending crusade of hilarity since they've left: when you make bone-headed decisions like treating your draft picks like a crackhead treats a paycheck or extending a 1 legged RB, I get to laugh at you instead of laughing along with everyone else knowing that I was the butt of the joke.

Why go out of my way find a team when I can root against gross, never-ending incompetence? And because you act defensive over it, I don't even feel any guilt rubbing it in. It's perfect.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Your bragging about the stadium, but sure, if you want me to bag on the LA Colosseum, I can.

They wouldn't be welcomed back, but it turns out I've had a lot more fun rooting against the Rams than I ever did rooting for them. The highlight was the Super Bowl where the punter was your MVP and the "franchise QB" ate his own balls in front of the entire world; that was truly tremendous. But really, it's been a never-ending crusade of hilarity since they've left: when you make bone-headed decisions like treating your draft picks like a crackhead or extending a 1 legged RB, I get to laugh at them instead of laughing along with everyone else.

Why go out of my way find a team when I can root against gross, never-ending incompetence? And because you act defensive over it, I don't even get any guilt rubbing it in. It's perfect.

Enjoy it man. I know where it’s coming from 

Its like that girl that got away and now you spend your entire life stalking, berating her every move. Keep spending your energy bro bro. She still moved on lol and ain’t looking back 

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They wouldn't be welcomed back, but it turns out I've had a lot more fun rooting against the Rams than I ever did rooting for them. The highlight was the Super Bowl where the punter was your MVP and the "franchise QB" ate his own balls in front of the entire world; that was truly tremendous. But really, it's been a never-ending crusade of hilarity since they've left: when you make bone-headed decisions like treating your draft picks like a crackhead treats a paycheck or extending a 1 legged RB, I get to laugh at you instead of laughing along with everyone else knowing that I was the butt of the joke.

Why go out of my way find a team when I can root against gross, never-ending incompetence? And because you act defensive over it, I don't even feel any guilt rubbing it in. It's perfect.

This whole post is cringe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

Enjoy it man. I know where it’s coming from 

Its like that girl that got away and now you spend your entire life stalking, berating her every move. Keep spending your energy bro bro. She still moved on lol and ain’t looking back 

I am enjoying it, and will continue to.

If it's any consolation, you didn't deserve to make it to the Super Bowl anyway so it's not like that loss even counts right?

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If it's any consolation, you didn't deserve to make it to the Super Bowl anyway so it's not like that loss even counts right?

My SB was them moving from St Louis closer so I can see them.  Everything else was/is a cherry on top 

Edited by rocky_rams

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

But I do not want to derail this thread. The thread is whether or not Brees is overrated since he’s being mentioned top 10 all time. 

I have Rodgers at 11 and would take Rodgers over Brees. That has nothing to do with us vs them. I think Brees is a great QB who’s one of the most accurate but falls short during big games