BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Huh? Who in the league has had a better group of receivers than Jameis Winston across his career?

This continues the “who you’ve played with” game and I can counter peak Goff and peak Jimmy G have excellent running games and play to their PAP ability. Right now both teams are at their best when the QB doesn’t have to be the difference maker on his team.

EDIT: I’m also not sure you can tell me if Winston replaces 2/3 QBs we're talking about they would be significantly worse on offense.

Edited by MD4L

2 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

This entire response seems like contradictory thought, but I guess we'll see.

Are you implying in any way that C-Mac is replaceable? We’ve seen a guy somewhat replace his production but even with this sample size, I don’t think it’s what C-Mac can do when healthy.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Are you implying in any way that C-Mac is replaceable? We’ve seen a guy somewhat replace his production but even with this sample size, I don’t think it’s what C-Mac can do when healthy.

9 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I like Davis, he’s earned his way here and done what seemed like an irreplaceable job to replace McCaffery. But there’s a reason why once C-Mac returns he’ll be the standalone. Davis has produce on volume but I don’t think anyone is rushing to make him a feature guy. 

Not me bro, you did.

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

This continues the “who you’ve played with” game and I can counter peak Goff and peak Jimmy G have excellent running games and play to their PAP ability. Right now both teams are at their best when the QB doesn’t have to be the difference maker on his team.

EDIT: I’m also not sure you can tell me if Winston replaces 2/3 QBs we're talking about they would be significantly worse on offense.

There are maybe four teams in the entire NFL where Winston wouldn't be a worse option than what they currently have, and three of those teams are in the NFC East.

I still don't know how you think this is a good argument in favor of Winston. He had two No. 1 receivers last year and threw 30 interceptions. Doug Martin rushed for 1400 yards his rookie year. Winston has had some very, very good players around him over the years.

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

Not me bro, you did.

I think he’s taking advantage of the opportunity. It’s what quality players do. If he was the A1 RB on a team, I’m not sure he could produce the same numbers that he is in this string of games.

Just now, Blue said:

There are maybe four teams in the entire NFL where Winston wouldn't be a worse option than what they currently have, and three of those teams are in the NFC East.

Meh, I still think Winston can lead a competitive team to big things. What we’ve seen on paper has flaws, no doubt. I just don’t think the 32 guys that starting in the NFL are all better. And I’m a little lower on the QBs for SF & LA Rams.

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

Why not?

It wasn’t as successful with Chicago. I think lots of NFL caliber athletes can successfully contribute in the right scheme, but if you try to make them a focal point it crumbles with added responsibility.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I still don't know how you think this is a good argument in favor of Winston. He had two No. 1 receivers last year and threw 30 interceptions. Doug Martin rushed for 1400 yards his rookie year. Winston has had some very, very good players around him over the years.

You can definitively say Jimmy G or Goff are better? I get their personal accolades outweigh Winston but their numbers do not tell me the same.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Let’s not forget, Jimmy G won two playoff games while attempting 27 passes in total. I get Jameis is a negative game script guy, but that’s relatively something below average QBs can achieve.

Jimmy Garoppolo career interception percentage: 2.7%

Jameis Winston career interception percentage: 3.5%

Jameis Winston has more career interceptions than games played.

Just now, MD4L said:

You can definitively say Jimmy G or Goff are better? I get their personal accolades outweigh Winston but their numbers do not tell me the same.

Absolutely. Unquestionably. Zero doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Just now, Blue said:

Absolutely. Unquestionably. Zero doubt in my mind whatsoever.

I genuinely disagree, but it seems as if our perceptions differ and that’s cool. I know the negative that comes with Winston, but I also think he’s as good as probably 1/4 (8~ or so) of the starters that are in the NFL presently.