BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

21 hours ago, Counselor said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Nagy cuts him. He was really really bothered by it after the game

I hope so too. That way maybe Riley Ridley can get off his healthy scratch streak all season long.

NFL Stealing from the BDL.

Contingency plan for 16 team playoffs.

The plan would include eight teams from the AFC and NFC, respectively, with each conference's four division champions and four wild-card teams.

The playoffs would have no byes and traditional seeding (No. 1 seed vs. No. 8, No. 2 vs. No. 7, etc.) . After playoff entrants were determined, seeding would be carried out according to winning percentage, regardless of whether teams had the best record in their division, Pelissero added.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue said:

Totally disagree, and it comes back to them not having any football experience. They don't know pass protection responsibilities and, to their credit, don't claim to grade offensive line on that criteria. It is solely a measure of how well they block the guy they actually engage, and occasionally a measure of who PFF thinks they were supposed to block on a given play. Worse, they'll downgrade a guy for penalties that aren't the lineman's fault; I saw a story on Twitter last year about an offensive tackle who magically improved his PFF grade when the team got a new center the following year because the previous center was consistently snapping the ball late and causing his teammate to false start.

If you want to know how an OL is playing, follow guys like Geoff Schwartz or Duke Manyweather who have coached/played the position. You aren't always going to agree with their analysis, but it's much better and more clear than PFF's context-less grades.

Not only have all of those players led teams to a winning record, all of them except Wentz have won a playoff game (and Wentz hasn't solely because of injuries). Winston has not done any of that and hasn't really come close.

I think The Who you've played with argument has its flaws but the more appropriate way to analyze my viewpoint is saying all the aforementioned QBs floor is relatively equal to Winston. I can’t significantly say with confidence peak Goff/Jimmy G is better then peak Winston.

5 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Anyone who has watched Carolina this year knows Davis has been legit.  Not sure what you're trying to say other than Davis isn't elite, which I think we all know, but his production per touch/start isn't drastically lower than Run CMC this year.  I know CMC is elite and better than Davis over the long term, but this year, the yardage numbers don't match that.  They both have 4 TDs over those spans, but Davis has averaged 25% less touches/game.  Best explain yoself.

CMC 48/223/2 = 24 touches/start - 4.64 ypt

Davis 113/520/6 = 18.8 touches/start - 4.60 ypt

I like Davis, he’s earned his way here and done what seemed like an irreplaceable job to replace McCaffery. But there’s a reason why once C-Mac returns he’ll be the standalone. Davis has produce on volume but I don’t think anyone is rushing to make him a feature guy. 

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I think The Who you've played with argument has its flaws but the more appropriate way to analyze my viewpoint is saying all the aforementioned QBs floor is relatively equal to Winston.

Huh? Who in the league has had a better group of receivers than Jameis Winston across his career?

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I like Davis, he’s earned his way here and done what seemed like an irreplaceable job to replace McCaffery. But there’s a reason why once C-Mac returns he’ll be the standalone. Davis has produce on volume but I don’t think anyone is rushing to make him a feature guy. 

This entire response seems like contradictory thought, but I guess we'll see.