BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

You see what you're doing to your reasoning, no?

Where are we differing w our opinion on Davis? Somewhere in this forum, you can find me singing Joe Brady’s praise before today. Do I think Davis is a low tier guy? Probably, but what he’s done in the offense with his opportunity deserve praise. I probably wouldn’t advocate a team pay him $6-8 mill a year to let him be the GUY though. 

Nick Foles is a great example of a folk hero. I can say a million times I don’t think he’s a great starter. I can also disassociate from that mindset to tell you he legitimately was a high level QB during the playoff run. I can say a similar thing about Flacco (elite? No. In the playoffs, his resume and experience is legit. Even if I wasn’t a fan of the player, I can acknowledge their ability to step it up during a time).

Edited by MD4L

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Where are we differing w our opinion on Davis? Somewhere in this forum, you can find me singing Joe Brady’s praise before today. Do I think Davis is a low tier guy? Probably, but what he’s done in the offense with his opportunity deserve praise. I probably wouldn’t advocate a team pay him $6-8 mill a year to let him be the GUY though. 

No one is saying he is going to get paid and if you think he looks like a low tier guy, you haven't watched him.  If you're saying his production is because of Teddy, you already contradicted yourself.  If you think he's a product of the system, that's fine, but that's about the only thing you've said that makes sense since this conversation started. 

7 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Jamel Dean has sucked tonight also, Slayton has been eating his lunch all game.  Not sure what the hype is with him.

Carlton Davis has been pretty good all season on the other side, I think teams have started avoiding him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Carlton Davis has been pretty good all season on the other side, I think teams have started avoiding him.

His game reminds me of Ramsey, but not as clean.  Loves to make a play on the ball, runs routes for the WR, but they both like to peek.  Ramsey gets away with it more and is less penalized though.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Bradberry def got beat, plenty of DBs have stopped similar plays. Whats worse is be probably just cost the Giants a shot at winning with his second DPI of the game.

This DPI where Evans is all over him and Bradberry is the one turning his head to the ball? 

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

This DPI where Evans is all over him and Bradberry is the one turning his head to the ball? 

Hey, I'm not officiating the game. All I know he is got called for DPI. The first one though in all seriousness was a 100% legit.

No one should've gotten flagged on the 2nd one. They were both hand fighting