BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, Blue said:

He's a league MVP who accounted for 43 touchdowns and had a 9% touchdown rate passing last year. Don't be ridiculous.

He had great stats in a college run offense last year. He deserves credit for that.

He has, so far, including this year, had 1 really good year and 2 mediocre years. Anyone who watched Lamar this year against KC and Pittsburgh has seen who Lamar really is as a QB 

Against bad defenses and with easy wide open lanes he looks great but when faced with a quality defense, he is a mediocre player. He looked mediocre against Pittsburgh last year also.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

No, I'm not joking. Lamar Jackson isn't a QB that'll ever be the reason you win a title. In fact I don't even think he is capable of doing so. He is a mediocre passing RB playing QB

Career comparison thus far, he is more accurate than Cam was. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He had great stats in a college run offense last year.

Stop with this nonsense. Just because he hasn't been playing at such an absurdly efficient level this year doesn't make him bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Stop with this nonsense. Just because he hasn't been playing at such an absurdly efficient level this year doesn't make him bad.

Its not absurd to suggest that a QB who struggles unless he is able to build an enormous lead against an opponent might not be very good. Because at the end of the day 95% of his game is predicated on being able to run the football himself.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Its not absurd to suggest that a QB who struggles unless he is able to build an enormous lead against an opponent might not be very good.

You're right, but we're not talking about a QB who struggles unless he builds an enormous lead, we're talking about NFL MVP Lamar Jackson.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

No, you're just incapable of appreciating a quarterback who doesn't play the way you think he should.

There has been plenty of QBs with running ability who can lead a team through passing as well.

That isn't Lamar Jackson. The only way I think a QB should play is good and consistent.

Neither describe LJ.

Edited by wwhickok

I'm happy to agree Lamar Jackson's accuracy is an issue, but he's also completing 63% of his passes for his career. Baltimore has done a wonderful job of designing a wide-open offense that lets him make plays downfield and create room for him to run when the deep ball isn't there.