BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, wwhickok said:

There has been plenty of QBs with running ability who can lead a team through passing as well.

That isn't Lamar Jackson.

Lamar Jackson has thrown a touchdown on 7% of his career pass attempts.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

There has been plenty of QBs with running ability who can lead a team through passing as well.

That isn't Lamar Jackson. The only way I think a QB should play is good and consistent.

Neither describe LJ.

The MVP season wasn’t enough bc he lost in a playoff game where he accumulated 500 total yards?

• Like 2

Just now, Blue said:

I'm happy to agree Lamar Jackson's accuracy is an issue, but he's also completing 63% of his passes for his career. Baltimore has done a wonderful job of designing a wide-open offense that lets him make plays downfield and create room for him to run when the deep ball isn't there.

Baltimore o line also has been horrible this year. He doesn't have the top blocking some of the other qb's do.  

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

The MVP season wasn’t enough bc he lost in a playoff game where he accumulated 500 total yards?

To be fair, Baltimore lost that game because Jackson was inaccurate early on and turned the ball over three times. There's definitely enough there to be worried about Jackson's long-term outlook.

But to suggest Baltimore can't win with him is utterly separated from reality.

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

The MVP season deserves praise. I'm pretty sure I said that. But do I believe that is a player Lamar is capable of being consistently? No.

If a MVP doesn’t make you think he’s a good player there is already a problem. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Says the guy who was trying to hype Fluker... can’t have it both ways bucko

Fluker is not bad at T. At G, not good.  Fluker is actually looking decent today.  Its the interior o line and C that is down right aweful for baltimore.  That C apparently has a hand injury which is the cause for all of the bad snaps I guess

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Fluker is not bad at T. At G, not good.  Fluker is actually looking decent today.  Its the interior o line and C that is down right aweful for baltimore.  That C apparently has a hand injury which is the cause for all of the bad snaps I guess

Naw he still boo boo

• Like 1