BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Speaking of picks, get us a mock. Plz.

You get some early picks and you turn in Counselor, demanding weekly mocks lol

And before you ask Counselor, none again this week but I will really try to get it done next week.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 2

1. Sacramento (from Portland)- Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson

This pick may or may not be traded but this would make the most sense for me as far as value. 

2. Sacramento- Penei Sewell OT Oregon

Pancakes is the second best prospect in this draft. If I want to build a contender any time soon I need to go BPA. Although looking at the schedule I think I have at least two more wins and WSR ends up picking here with OKC’s pick (they have a brutal final 3 games)

3. WSR (from OKC)- Justin Fields QB OSU 

WW may like Lance more but it’s hard to argue with what Fields has shown on the field. His accuracy, arm talent, athleticism is great. Some may be system related success with guys wide open and the pass blocking he receives and he needs to show some better composure under pressure. However, I firmly believe he is QB2 and would be a great pick here for WSR, and he probably goes to a slightly better situation than the Jets dumpster fire Lawrence is headed for.

4. WSR (from Hungary)- Ja’Marr Chase WR LSU

Hungary adds to their Ridley, Gallup, Lazard, Reagor group with a stud in Chase.  Routes, Contested catches, strength to beat press, Chase has the makings of a number 1. Fields will have a nice group of WR to throw to for the Soul Reavers. 

5. Seoul- Micah Parsons LB PSU

Parsons is a game wrecker moving forward. He has the athleticism to excel in coverage he just needs more experience. But his instincts, strength, and pass rush ability make him a tone setter at LBer for Seoul to pair with Simmons for the future.

6. Antarctica- Kyle Pitts TE UF

The Florida boys get their Florida guy. Pitts is a game changer at TE and can be a matchup nightmare. He’s not just a TE he is a chess piece with great athleticism and the ability to dominate the red zone as well as stretch the field. Would make a scary offense even scarier. 

7. Rome- Kwity Paye Edge UM

Rome needs edge help. Dunlap is older, Takk was just cut, Fowler is capable but has just 2 sacks in 8 games so far this season. Considered Rousseau but they go with the more sure thing here in Paye as he has been amassing pressures like nobody’s business. Paye looks to have the all around game that can help Rome tremendously up front.

8. Sacramento (from NO)- Patrick Surtain ll CB Bama

I need to keep building at corner. I traded away SMB (his role has been reduced in Tampa) and need more players here to compete and give me more stability. Surtain can do that.

9. Sacramento (from Camden)- Devonta Smith WR Bama

I need to keep building my receiver corps. Devonta isn’t the biggest receiver but he is savvy, has great hands, and produces. I need production. 

10. Singapore- Caleb Farley CB VT

This pick came down to two Opt Outs. Waddle got some consideration also but I think Sir really likes the young talent he has at WR and can use this pick to match talent with need. So between Rousseau at Edge and Farley at CB. Rousseau could help them with an edge presence but he’s unproven and a lot of work came on stunts, which he could incorporate with Donald and Cox. I however think Farley fills just as big a need and has less questions. He’s long, athletic and plays the ball very well. 

11. IC- Jaylen Waddle WR Bama

A surprise pick here, Ruskie has always been a BPA guy and with three second round picks he will fill some needs with talent matching need there. Waddle will be hard to pass on here. QB of the future may be a need and I considered Zach Wilson here but IC sticks with the formula that has led to some success for them. Adding Waddle to McLaurin, Claypool, and Anderson is nasty. Corey Davis is in the final year of his deal. While Waddle is coming off of injury his explosiveness added to this receiving corps is a scary thought. 

12. Cuba- Gregory Rousseau Edge Miami

Cuba goes BPA and takes a gamble on this state of Florida kid. While they could use INT help I don’t see a dominating presence worth this pick in this draft. They can get by with run stuffers on early downs and move Rousseau or Cam Jordan inside on passing downs to help generate rush. Also Chandler and Jordan have two years left on their deals and will be 31 and 32 respectively going into the 2021 season. This is a pick that could be a boom for Cuba. 

13. WSR- Trey Lance QB NDSU

Do they dare do it? A Fields insurance policy. May not be the best use of draft capital but if they both hit WW can trade one for big value in the future. Not bad for using their own pick and a pick they traded Byron Jones for. They do have some other needs but they have a ton of cap to spend on more proven players and can afford the gamble here. 

14. Gotham- Dylan Moses LB Bama

Gotham replaces Cunningham who is in the last year of his contract with Moses. BPA meets need type of pick. There are some offensive lineman Gotham could consider or even Zach Wilson but Gotham might survive off of the tank at QB. Moses has the athleticism to flourish in today’s NFL and gives Gotham a leader in the middle of their defense. 

15. Camden (from Lancaster)- Jaycee Horn CB SCAR

Camden has a lot of bodies here and a lot of guys that haven’t panned out or are hurt. Horn is a riser and I expect him to be a top 20 IRL pick. Adding the talented Horn to Ward and Sneed would give Camden a young corner group to build around for several years.

16. Seoul (from Berlin)- Rashod Bateman WR MIN

Seoul replaces Sutton with Bateman. Bateman has a diversified skill set and would help give Kyler a top weapon in the receiving game. 

Round 2

17. Sacramento (from Portland)- Shaun Wade CB OSU

Wade hasn’t been a Star so far and he needs some refinement on the outside but the potential is big and I need corner help. 

18. Sacramento- Wyatt Davis OG OSU

Joe Thuney is on a one year deal and I don’t know if I’ll resign him. Davis gives me a good interior o lineman as insurance and he is BPA for me at this spot. 

19. IC (from OKC)- Zach Wilson QB BYU 

BPA and area of need IC hopes they have landed their QB of the future. Wilson makes a lot of plays off script and while he hasn’t played against the top competition he has made some impressive throws that will translate to the next level. 

20. IC (from Hungary)- Creed Humphrey OL OU

Humphrey is a great addition to the interior of IC’s line. He is a powerful center and can likely line up at Guard also. This versatility will be welcomed in IC. 

21. Sacramento (from Seoul)- Joseph Ossai Edge/LB UT

I would like to run more 3-4 schemes in the future and adding Ossai will allow me to do that. Great size and effort, he can rush or cover and is a very versatile defender. Might be a bit early for him but he allows me to do a lot more with my defense and fills a rusher need. 

22. Antarctica- Alex Leatherwood OL Bama

Antarctica gets some much needed Oline help with the versatile Leatherwood. He has the ability to play inside or out and gives Antarctica the flexibility they need on the line.

23. Rome- Trevon Moehrig-Woodard S TCU

Rome drafted Delpit last year but he hasn’t played and they don’t know what they have in him. TMW (not tomorrow), is a ballhawk. He racks up Pass Deflections and can cover a lot of ground. He reminds me a lot of Justin Simmons. He is a player Rome can have roam deep at FS and play Delpit at SS. Gives Rome two long safeties that am cover ground. 

24. Camden (from NO)- Terrace Marshall WR LSU

Marshall is going to rise. Camden has Kupp, Brown and Hamler but they need to add more. Marshall has the height and speed to stretch the field but also runs great routes. Would be a solid pick here for Camden. 

25. Rome (from Camden)- Pat Frierermuth TE PSU

Rome needs TE help. Pitts went a pick before then in round 1 so they take Baby Gronk here. He gives them an all around TE who can do it all. A welcomed addition to the Rome offense.

26. Singapore- Jeremiah Owusu-Karamoah LB ND

JOK is a playmaker at LB. Might be a bit undersized but his versatility next to Deion Jones would make a big difference for Singapore here. He tracks the ball extremely well and can play in space and rush the passer. He had a great game against Clemson on the biggest stage so far of the college football season.

27. IC- Marvin Wilson INT FSU

IC continues to build up that Dline. Hurst has been hurt and they need some rotational players regardless. Adding Wilson to that dline can make IC even more fierce upfront. 

28. NO (from Cuba)- Trey Smith OG UTENN

Lukic grabs the versatile beast Trey Smith with this pick. He could use some Guard help opposite Bitonio and Smith will really beef up that oline to protect Allen and pave the way for the NO RB’s.

29. WSR- Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

An opt out player that can play the ball and make a difference in the secondary for WSR. They continue to add talented players to their secondary. If they resign Slay, Mullen, Davis, McKinney, Chinn and adding Adebo they have a very deep group. 

30. Gotham- Patrick Jones lll Edge Pitt

Jones is super explosive and has a nasty bend. He would give Gotham a pass rusher who can continue to develop his rush moves and add more consistency to go with his quick first step and bend and possibly develop into a pro bowl level pass rusher. 

31. Camden (from Lancaster)- Najee Harris RB Bama

Not sure Jlash would take a RB this high but Harris will bring a great talent to his backfield and allow Camden to control the clock on offense and wear down defenses. 

32. Berlin- Travis Etienne RB Clemson

Not sure if Rags would take a RB here either but he needs some RB depth behind Jones. Etienne is explosive and provides Berlin with great versatility here. Rondale Moore is another option here with his explosive playmaking added to OBJ, Brown, Kirk and Aiyuk would be pretty nasty. 

Round 3

33. Antarctica (from Portland)- Samuel Cosmi OT UT

The Beasts add to their Oline after taking Leatherwood earlier. Cosmi is the favored #2 Tackle at this point and getting him at 33 is great value for Antarctica.

34. Gotham (from Sacramento)- Carlos Basham Jr Edge WF

Gave Pheltz LeCounte earlier to be funny but he can get him later than this. Gotham continues to beef up their defense by adding another edge rusher with Basham. Having Basham as a base LE and Jones at RE could be the future of the Gotham edge rush. Basham has bulked up and part of his game reminds me of Cam Jordan. However Basham might be better to slim back down some. 

35. OKC- Rondale Moore WR Purdue 

OKC makes their first pick of the draft here. Moore is a steal here imo. Early breakout age, incredible balance and explosiveness, strength in his lower half to break through tackles, and speed. He could be Mahomes, BDL version of Tyreek Hill for OKC and this is a BPA scenario here that brings an explosive element to the OKC offense.

36. Antarctica (from Hungary)- Tyson Campbell CB UGA

Tyson has a lot of talent but he needs to be more consistent. Form a H/W/S standpoint he is a first rounder. With solid coaching and further development the player who has started since his true freshman year could develop into a big time corner.

37. Seoul- Christian Darrisaw OT VT

Darrisaw is a long limbed athletic Tackle who is going to rise up boards. Andrew Thomas has struggled this year and is still an unknown. Seoul takes a player who they could play at RT or LT and move Thomas to RT. Eichenburg is an option here but I think they role with the Uber talented Darrisaw who is a true junior with a lot of untapped potential still.

38. Antarctica- Aidan Hutchinson Edge UM

Antarctica takes Hutchinson to add to their edge group. He has a non stop motor and great size. He needs to vary his pass rush moves more but at 20 years old his potential is high. Antarctica continues to build their trenches on both sides of the ball.

39. Rome- Christian Barmore INT Bama

I expect Barmore to go higher than this but he could be a steal here. Gives Rome another player to add to their Dline with Paye. Barmore has a ton of potential but needs to play more consistently. 

40. NO- Jevon Holland S Oregon

Holland is a do it all safety that is a very versatile defender. He allows New Orleans to move him around like a chess piece on defense and replace the drop off that Darnell Savage has had in his second season. 

41. Gotham (from Camden)- Mac Jones QB Bama

Gotham needs a QB to develop and with the extra third here they take a change on Mac Jones as it won’t cost them much on cap space or capital. Jones will rise come draft time and he has looked very good for a stacked Bama team. And although he has a lot of talent around him there are qualities of his game that show potential as an NFL QB. 

42. OKC (from Singapore)- Liam Eichenberg OT ND

Eichenberg is BPA here. He is having a dominant season for ND and should probably go higher but OKC lands him here. I considered Bolton as LBer is a bigger need but it will be hard to pass on Liam as he can unseat Morgan Moses at RT. 

43. IC- Paris Ford S Pitt

IC grabs a player to help fill a safety need in a hard hitting playmaker in Ford. Ford had three picks on the season before opting out for the remainder. He would instantly help the IC secondary with a player that plays with the attitude of a linebacker with corner athleticism. Needs to wrap up more however than always trying to lay the boom.

44. Seoul (from Cuba)- Chuba Hubbard RB OK State

Seoul needs RB help. Drake is the only capable RB and even he is inconsistent. Leonard Fournette is a back seat player in Tampa right now and the depth is unproven. Hubbard is a home run hitter type and can help add explosiveness to the Seoul offense.

45. Portland (from WSR)- Jay Tufele INT USC

Tefele opted out this season, but showed that he could develop into a dominant interior player. He has a quick first step and can also anchor against the run. He seems to always be around the ball and Portland desperately needs INT help.

46. Gotham- Richard LeCounte S UGA

Gotham grabs LeCounte here instead of earlier. LeCounte can be a playmaker in the back end and provide a third safety in three safety packages for Gotham.

47. Sacramento (from Lancaster)- Nick Bolton LB Mizzou

I pick a fast fly around and make plays LBer here to pair with Kenneth Murray and friends. Bolton is a bit undersized but he fits the modern NFL with his play in coverage but also his play to come forward and make plays in the run game. 

48. Berlin- Jaylen Twyman INT Pitt

Twyman is an opt out but his sophomore year he racked up an impressive 10.5 sacks from the interior. He is a bit undersized but he is a penetrator and would be a nice rotational player with Derrick Brown and Quinnen Williams if Berlin does not resign Rankins.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

You get some early picks and you turn in Counselor, demanding weekly mocks lol

And before you ask Counselor, none again this week but I will really try to get it done next week.

Hey man I ask you because I respect your opinions 😉