BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Patrick Mahomes is a victim of his own greatness.

25 TD

1 INT

2,687 yards

66.9 completion %

On pace for:

44 TD

2 INT

4,777 yards

How he's not the leader in MVP conversation still confuses me. Don't get me wrong, there are several guys who have had good/great seasons, but they aren't better or more impressive than Mahomes. 

Aaron Rodgers is on pace for:

46 TD (Better)

...but after that, everything is worse

5 INT 

4,583 yards

67.8 completion %

• Like 1

Mahomes also has more than one superstars optional to throw to, to be fair to Rodgers so a hundred yards and three picks are pretty negligible over the course of a season    not taking anything away from Mahomes obv

Kamara needs mentioned to imo 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Mahomes also has more than one superstars optional to throw to, to be fair to Rodgers so a hundred yards and three picks are pretty negligible over the course of a season    not taking anything away from Mahomes obv

Hey, I like this guy

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

IMO Kamara would need to have some sort of borderline historic season or 2,000+ rushing yards to win the MVP if history is any indicator.

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Well he's at 1100 total yards so 2000+ easily in sight 

Like I said, specifically rushing...I'm not saying that it's fair, but I'm saying what the historical precedent is. He's on pace for 864 rushing yards, but he's also on pace for 119 catches and 1,152 receiving yards and 19 total TD. He's certainly having an unbelievable year!

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO Kamara would need to have some sort of borderline historic season or 2,000+ rushing yards to win the MVP if history is any indicator.

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Well he's at 1100 total yards so 2000+ easily in sight 

Yeah, I don't think he's gonna make it.

10 hours ago, Blue said:

So after watching tonight's game, do I have to endure another week of lies about how Kyler Murray is a great quarterback, or do I get a brief reprieve?

He’s definitely not a bad QB. So if that’s what your hinting at this week you don’t get a reprieve either.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

He’s definitely not a bad QB. So if that’s what your hinting at this week you don’t get a reprieve either.

I don't think he's bad. But I think he's squarely average, which blows my mind that he keeps getting serious MVP candidate talk. Like seriously? He's not even a top 10 quarterback this season--maybe not top 15.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't think he's bad. But I think he's squarely average, which blows my mind that he keeps getting serious MVP candidate talk. Like seriously? He's not even a top 10 quarterback this season--maybe not top 15.

I think he’s made a sizable improvement this year. He’s special in a lot of areas, and watching him run in their offense is fun. I haven’t done a list of top QBs in a year or so. It’s not crazy to call him a possible top 10 guy IMO.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I think he’s made a sizable improvement this year. He’s special in a lot of areas, and watching him run in their offense is fun. I haven’t done a list of top QBs in a year or so. It’s not crazy to call him a possible top 10 guy IMO.

It absolutely is crazy.

Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers are in the top 3. You're not taking Murray over Brees, Lamar Jackson, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Dak Prescott, or Deshaun Watson. You gonna sit here and tell me Kyler Murray is a better player, right now, than any one of Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Josh Allen, Ryan Tannehill, Jimmy Garoppolo, even Joe Burrow?

That's not even bringing up guys like Jared Goff (who has started in a Super Bowl), Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Teddy Bridgewater, and maybe Justin Herbert. Then you have players like Cam Newton and Carson Wentz who aren't having great years but have much better bodies of work than Murray. I wouldn't agree with it at all, but there's a path here where somebody could reasonably put Murray outside the top 20.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

It absolutely is crazy.

Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers are in the top 3. You're not taking Murray over Brees, Lamar Jackson, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Dak Prescott, or Deshaun Watson. You gonna sit here and tell me Kyler Murray is a better player, right now, than any one of Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Josh Allen, Ryan Tannehill, Jimmy Garoppolo, even Joe Burrow?

That's not even bringing up guys like Jared Goff (who has started in a Super Bowl), Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Teddy Bridgewater, and maybe Justin Herbert. Then you have players like Cam Newton and Carson Wentz who aren't having great years but have much better bodies of work than Murray. I wouldn't agree with it at all, but there's a path here where somebody could reasonably put Murray outside the top 20.

Even!?!?!? I’m gonna kick you in the keister!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

It absolutely is crazy.

Live look at my dude @Blue vs. the rest of BDL:

twIrlHU.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1