BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

38 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I used to play with Colorado cus I love the unis and UNC

Yea UNC is sweet too. When they used to put the foot stickers on their helmets I was all over it. Hawaii was fun, the black and dark green variants in their uniform choices was always cool. 

One time, years ago. I had a dynasty with Ole Miss. And in the SAME recruiting cycle I landed two 6'10 WR's. First I had ever seen a WR that big on the game, and I think the last. It must've been some type of anomaly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Yea UNC is sweet too. When they used to put the foot stickers on their helmets I was all over it. Hawaii was fun, the black and dark green variants in their uniform choices was always cool. 

One time, years ago. I had a dynasty with Ole Miss. And in the SAME recruiting cycle I landed two 6'10 WR's. First I had ever seen a WR that big on the game, and I think the last. It must've been some type of anomaly. 

I think I might play now later lol!

10 hours ago, Jlash said:

Way more. What the hell is going on here? 

Bad timing. 

7 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Rumor has it they're gonna start making NCAA games again

Source? The licensing issues that got the games cancelled still haven't been worked out to my knowledge. 

6 hours ago, Jlash said:

The game play on the newer systems was horrendous to me. Every player had the same exact body type, it felt like your guys were skating instead of running. I hated it. 

Gotta cut corners somewhere. 

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'm debating on buying a PS4 or holding out for a PS5 which will, supposedly sell for $500

PS5 my dude, but wait like 3 months to see if the PS5 has a bricking issue. You can probably get a PS4 for like 100-200$ when the PS5 launches though so might be worth it, 

PS5 should play every single PS4 games according to Sony so if you do buy a PS4/games you won't be screwed over. 

8 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Bad timing. 

Source? The licensing issues that got the games cancelled still haven't been worked out to my knowledge. 

Gotta cut corners somewhere. 

PS5 my dude, but wait like 3 months to see if the PS5 has a bricking issue. You can probably get a PS4 for like 100-200$ when the PS5 launches though so might be worth it, 

PS5 should play every single PS4 games according to Sony so if you do buy a PS4/games you won't be screwed over. 

In October the NCAA voted unanimously to begin the process of updating the bylaws and policies that oversee the ability of college athletes to “benefit from the use of their name, image, and likeness in a manner consistent with the collegiate model.” The NCAA’s three divisions are to put the new rules into place by January 2021.

So once that gets straightened out we may finally see a game.  I wouldn't anticipate anything until summer of 2022 at earliest 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

In October the NCAA voted unanimously to begin the process of updating the bylaws and policies that oversee the ability of college athletes to “benefit from the use of their name, image, and likeness in a manner consistent with the collegiate model.” The NCAA’s three divisions are to put the new rules into place by January 2021.

So once that gets straightened out we may finally see a game.  I wouldn't anticipate anything until summer of 2022 at earliest 

Forgot about that. That honestly just makes it more unlikely tbh, not only are you negotiating with hundreds of schools, the NCAA, power conferences now you have to add in specific players who might opt out on a case by case basis. Add in this would likely be a yearly title assuming EA picked up the license again and it'd just be a logistical nightmare. 

https://thespun.com/college-football/ncaa-football-ea-sports-return-mark-emmert-president

Going off of this, it's probably the actual barriers to get the game in production. 

"During the trial of the O’Bannon case in June 2014, EA Sports executive Joel Linzner testified that the NCAA football game had been doing about $80 million a year in revenue on the sale of roughly 2 million units."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/05/20/how-ea-sportss-ncaa-football-video-game-could-make-comeback/3704876002/

Assuming this is accurate, that's a decent chunk of cash but it's not very lucrative for EA. 

Also given the former EA developer for the NCAA series is busy on other series yeah it's not likely,.

I spent way too much time going down this reseach rabbit hole. 

32 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Forgot about that. That honestly just makes it more unlikely tbh, not only are you negotiating with hundreds of schools, the NCAA, power conferences now you have to add in specific players who might opt out on a case by case basis. Add in this would likely be a yearly title assuming EA picked up the license again and it'd just be a logistical nightmare. 

https://thespun.com/college-football/ncaa-football-ea-sports-return-mark-emmert-president

Going off of this, it's probably the actual barriers to get the game in production. 

"During the trial of the O’Bannon case in June 2014, EA Sports executive Joel Linzner testified that the NCAA football game had been doing about $80 million a year in revenue on the sale of roughly 2 million units."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/05/20/how-ea-sportss-ncaa-football-video-game-could-make-comeback/3704876002/

Assuming this is accurate, that's a decent chunk of cash but it's not very lucrative for EA. 

Also given the former EA developer for the NCAA series is busy on other series yeah it's not likely,.

I spent way too much time going down this reseach rabbit hole. 

Well with the ncaa governing this whole athlete likeness thing, chances are it'll not have to go individually more than a quick yes or no I want in the game sheet every team could quickly have the player sign 

• Like 1